Just how bad is it in the UK??

Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:36 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how bad is it in the UK??

Originally Posted by mags1972
Where do you live, the 1980's???? I personally know lots of good tradesmen, joiners, plasterers, dry liners etc who are out of work due to the eastern europeans taking their jobs, working long hours for cheaper money and then they send it home to their relatives live off our social, this is the reality we have in this fine country, I suggest you wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Do these eastern european tradesmen do a better job? You are also saying that besides sending a part of their wage back, that they are also claiming from the social and sending this back as well?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Do these eastern european tradesmen do a better job? You are also saying that besides sending a part of their wage back, that they are also claiming from the social and sending this back as well?
I think he is referring to those who work 'off the books'...pay no tax etc.....and draw benefits....
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

I didn't say they were sending the social money back, just living off it, thats some of the ones I know of!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macadian
I think he is referring to those who work 'off the books'...pay no tax etc.....and draw benefits....
Exactly right Macadian, thankyou!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:45 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live, the 1980's???? I personally know lots of good tradesmen, joiners, plasterers, dry liners etc who are out of work due to the eastern europeans taking their jobs, working long hours for cheaper money and then they send it home to their relatives live off our social, this is the reality we have in this fine country, I suggest you wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Geeez... here we go again .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So... where are you intending to move to out of interest?

Sorry... just saw your avatar. Now, tellme, just what do you think the Canadians are going to think of you.. being an immigrant and all, in this financial climate when you arrive?? hmmm??
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:46 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Ok follow you
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Geeez... here we go again .. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So... where are you intending to move to out of interest?

Sorry... just saw your avatar. Now, tellme, just what do you think the Canadians are going to think of you.. being an immigrant and all, in this financial climate when you arrive?? hmmm??
I wouldn't know, I'm not there! And if/when I do go there it will only be because I have been offered a job that is in demand that can't be filled by a Canadian. Thats not exactly the case here, theres 1000's of unemployed Brits here skilled and unskilled yet our government keeps allowing immigrants to come in when there isn't a labour shortage, thats my whole point, if there was a labour shortage then so be it. Why do you think there was a strike last month at a major company in Britain, I forget which one but it made all the headlines because the company had hired Italian workers instead of British.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:57 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't know, I'm not there! And if/when I do go there it will only be because I have been offered a job that is in demand that can't be filled by a Canadian. Thats not exactly the case here, theres 1000's of unemployed Brits here skilled and unskilled yet our government keeps allowing immigrants to come in when there isn't a labour shortage, thats my whole point, if there was a labour shortage then so be it. Why do you think there was a strike last month at a major company in Britain, I forget which one but it made all the headlines because the company had hired Italian workers instead of British.
Yes, i know all about that, but rest assured, if you think you are going to turn up in Canada, who, BTW, are also suffering unemployments issues and massive job cuts due to the credit crunch, just as nearly all nations are, then believe me, locals wont take too kindly to you either, but hey, what do i know, i've only been an expat 10yrs!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:05 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

But they are EU citizens and if they are cheaper then its good business for the company involved but admittedly not so good though for the local workers, as european integration advances these scenarios will become even more common.

I imagine competition will be less for you in Canada as I know it has labour shortages in certain tradesman skills, so your working future may well be in Canada.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes, i know all about that, but rest assured, if you think you are going to turn up in Canada, who, BTW, are also suffering unemployments issues and massive job cuts due to the credit crunch, just as nearly all nations are, then believe me, locals wont take too kindly to you either, but hey, what do i know, i've only been an expat 10yrs!
If that was your experience in Australia then I am sorry to hear that. I don't know what to expect to be honest but from everything I am being told by Canadian's and ex-pats over there then it shouldn't be an issue although there will always be a minority I suppose. At the end of the day I'm going for a better life hopefully, prob why you went to OZ, I've had 36 years here and would like to try living somewhere else before I am too old and if they have a shortage in my profession as they do then whats the harm in that??
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

But they are EU citizens and if they are cheaper then its good business for the company involved but admittedly not so good though for the local workers, as european integration advances these scenarios will become even more common.

I imagine competition will be less for you in Canada as I know it has labour shortages in certain tradesman skills, so your working future may well be in Canada.
I agree with you on the good business front but it doesn't help our unemployment problem here, I would think our government would do something about it but they don't and like you say its only going to get worse.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:13 pm
I don't give a damn

If that was your experience in Australia then I am sorry to hear that. I don't know what to expect to be honest but from everything I am being told by Canadian's and ex-pats over there then it shouldn't be an issue although there will always be a minority I suppose. At the end of the day I'm going for a better life hopefully, prob why you went to OZ, I've had 36 years here and would like to try living somewhere else before I am too old and if they have a shortage in my profession as they do then whats the harm in that??
Absolutely no harm in it at all and i wish you good luck.

Definitely has not been an issue for us in Oz. Hubby is a nurse so will get work no matter where he goes, and no, we didnt emigrate for a better life, I married a NZer whose father was sick so we had to come down here, but its a long story and i wont bore you with it.

But dont you think these Europeans are doing exactly the same thing you are? They are looking to imrpove their life just as you are.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly right Macadian, thankyou!
Having said that, many in the UK ('home grown workers' for want of better terminology) no doubt do the same...i.e work on the side & draw benefit....
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:21 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, well thought out, couldn't agree more!!!!
So tiring

I really hope you all have such wonderful lives when you leave the UK .......
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Having said that, many in the UK ('home grown workers' for want of better terminology) no doubt do the same...i.e work on the side & draw benefit....
Yes they do, no augument there!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.