Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

"Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of
Default Re: "Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Originally Posted by Couture
*sigh*

I swear I cant go 5 minutes without losing my concentration and drifting to thoughts of things I am going to do when I get back. Lately I did a rough breakdown of costs for my partner, to show her where we would be with finances, then we started talking about visiting my family and friends, and from then on its all i can bloody well think about.

i so know that feeling
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:25 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Originally Posted by Couture
*sigh*

I swear I cant go 5 minutes without losing my concentration and drifting to thoughts of things I am going to do when I get back. Lately I did a rough breakdown of costs for my partner, to show her where we would be with finances, then we started talking about visiting my family and friends, and from then on its all i can bloody well think about.

I know what you mean. I can't go a day without checking Rightmove for houses or Google Streetview to see my favorite places.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:40 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I know what you mean. I can't go a day without checking Rightmove for houses or Google Streetview to see my favorite places.
I can go with that, in fact I think it is now bordering on addiction.

I am thinking of setting up an organisation similar to the AA (not the car recovery company) - The HSA (Home seekers anonymous).

Google Earth and Google streetview are excellent, and teamed up with Rightmove, well, why would you want too leave your laptop!

I remember the days, not so many years ago where house hunting involved going physically to the area you were interested in, and collecting stacks of (paper) spec sheets for all of the houses you were interested in. My house was always full of them.

Yes - definitely addicted