Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Hand Luggage On The Plane Going Home

Hand Luggage On The Plane Going Home

Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand Luggage On The Plane Going Home

Originally Posted by JAJ
Part of the problem is that security screeners are employed by BAA (are they?), when they ought to be public servants in uniform (eg like the TSA screeners in the United States). With high expectations of courtesy while they do their job.

The are stories of nazi behaviour in other countries too, but the difference is that it now appears to be the norm in the United Kingdom, not the exception.
There should be clear "customer complaint" hotline numbers at all airports.

I've got a feeling that very few BAA employees like the new rules, and are playing the "piss customers off" game in the hope they complain and that the rules change. A sort of "work to rule" type attitude.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:29 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I was then given the box and told I was allowed to put everything back into my handbag. I was also again told off for not having put the solid lipbalm stick into a clear plastic bag and told not to do that again.

I find this rule so funny. Like a plastic bag will make a potential explosive device any less explosive!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill
I've got a feeling that very few BAA employees like the new rules, and are playing the "piss customers off" game in the hope they complain and that the rules change.
What's worrying is that they seem to be accountable to no-one for nazi-style treatment of passengers.

Airline security screening is too important to be left to private sector employees. In Canada (as well as in the U.S.), security screening is a government responsibility.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
What's worrying is that they seem to be accountable to no-one for nazi-style treatment of passengers.

Airline security screening is too important to be left to private sector employees. In Canada (as well as in the U.S.), security screening is a government responsibility.
Agree, 100%. This extends to the immigration desks, where they are to replace the random 'reception' look with a uniform. About time too.

(Although i never had any problems with immigration in the UK.)