Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:01 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Believe it or not Liss there are blacks in Oz and some actually hold powerful and important jobs, hey you might even get one of them as your boss and can tell him why you left the UK…….GOOD LUCK
But it isn't just the colour is it. 'Poms' are discriminated against all the time, even in the media?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lissaloo
hi well we are going to emigrate because the uk in my opinion is fast going down hill ! where i was born they have schools where if your white you are th odd one out! and the houes rents and prices are just stupid , how are our kids going to be able to buy a house they will live at home forever at this rate!!
Sorry uk but it's all for the imagrants and asylem seekers the brits get nout ! I wouldn't mind being the minority in another country but not my own !!

(im not being racist just saying how i feel)
This thread seems to have lost it's way

so, am I to conclude that the best way to solve the immigration problems in the uk is to become one yourself in oz
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:29 am
Banned

lissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well at least Britain is a better place without them.

Although this one sounds like a teenager trolling.

G
MMM GETTING PERSONAL ARE YOU ?? WELL I WON'T STOOP TO YOUR LEVEL I HAVE AN OPINION YOU DON'T LIKE IT WELL THATS JUST TOUGH CAUSE IT WON'T CHANGE THE FACT I AM A MINORITY IN MY OWN COUNTRY AND STILL DON'T THINK IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO BRING YOUR KIDS UP ...
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:31 am
Banned

lissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nicelissaloo is just really nice

Originally Posted by bramblebush
This thread seems to have lost it's way

so, am I to conclude that the best way to solve the immigration problems in the uk is to become one yourself in oz
LIKE I SAID I WOULD RATHER BE THE MINORITY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY RATHER THAN MY OWN.. AND IM PRETTY SURE IM NOT THE ONLY WHO FEELS LIKE THIS..
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

LIKE I SAID I WOULD RATHER BE THE MINORITY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY RATHER THAN MY OWN.. AND IM PRETTY SURE IM NOT THE ONLY WHO FEELS LIKE THIS..
You are certainly not the only one, the Daily Mail made sure of that
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:37 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
But it isn't just the colour is it. 'Poms' are discriminated against all the time, even in the media?
Aye, the constant persecution is dragging me down, I have to sit at the back of the bus and everything ...

Just waiting for a Martin Luther King to rise-up and free me from these shackles ... oh Lordy, nobody knows the troubles ...

I woke up this morning and my beer was cold, my woman hadn't done left me and my dawgie's still here too.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bramblebush
You are certainly not the only one, the Daily Mail made sure of that
well i don't read the papers so i wouldn't know... i don't know where you live but if you lived where i do you would know where i'm coming from...i don't begrudge anyone anything but things are given to others and not our own the brits deserve more than they get our kids deserve more but they don't get it our taxes are going sky high to accommodate others our own live on the street but the others come and get cars and homes and money ....our kids will suffer in the future it's not fair to them....i do feel strongly about this but blame the goverment not the muslims or the assylem seekers like me they want a better life.. but how many more can uk take were over crowded already!

were going under surly you can't deny that..

Last edited by lissaloo; Jan 20th 2008 at 9:45 am.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:53 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

well i don't read the papers so i wouldn't know... i don't know where you live but if you lived where i do you would know where i'm coming from...i don't begrudge anyone anything but things are given to others and not our own the brits deserve more than they get our kids deserve more but they don't get it our taxes are going sky high to accommodate others our own live on the street but the others come and get cars and homes and money ....our kids will suffer in the future it's not fair to them....i do feel strongly about this but blame the goverment not the muslims or the assylem seekers like me they want a better life.. but how many more can uk take were over crowded already!

were going under surly you can't deny that..
O.K at least you have the decency to blame the government and not the immigrants trying to give their kids a better life BUT at the end of the day emigrating to escape immigrants and the problems sometimes associated with large scale immigration is simply contradictory. Where are you proposing to emigrate to escape these issues?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:54 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Aye, the constant persecution is dragging me down, I have to sit at the back of the bus and everything ...

Just waiting for a Martin Luther King to rise-up and free me from these shackles ... oh Lordy, nobody knows the troubles ...

I woke up this morning and my beer was cold, my woman hadn't done left me and my dawgie's still here too.
Swing low, sweet chariot...
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:40 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

hi well we are going to emigrate because the uk in my opinion is fast going down hill ! where i was born they have schools where if your white you are th odd one out! and the houes rents and prices are just stupid , how are our kids going to be able to buy a house they will live at home forever at this rate!!
Sorry uk but it's all for the imagrants and asylem seekers the brits get nout ! I wouldn't mind being the minority in another country but not my own !!

(im not being racist just saying how i feel)
I am Australian. My husband and I moved back to Australia 4 years ago. Even back then the house prices were ridiculous and on the rise. I am a teacher (Australian trained). It took me a year to even get a day's supply teaching. After three years of underemployment and unemployment(the only permanent positions my husband and I could get were either in outback towns or in a place where only one of us could find work) we decided to move back to the UK. We had arrived in Australia with enough money from the sale of our house in the UK to put a deposit on a house in Australia and eventually left with nothing. Everything we had, we had to use to pay the ridiculously high rents in both the cities and outback town we lived in while in Australia.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:55 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

Aaww, come and have a cuddle.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:15 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest5234
Please do not belive all the bullshit in the papers and the media about whats wrong with the UK, it is blown-up vastly out of proportion by our pathetic media, the same goes on in many Countries, in Paris I saw more ferrell youths gathered in gangs than I ever have in the UK.

Home is where your heart is and for some the UK is as good a place as any other. My advice would be try to not get into unmanageable debt and try to get to know exactly who your kids are hanging with.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:29 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Well you are certainly going to be a minority in Australia, reading your posts the feeling I get is that you going to love Australia and their attitude to poms....Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:43 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

MMM GETTING PERSONAL ARE YOU ?? WELL I WON'T STOOP TO YOUR LEVEL I HAVE AN OPINION YOU DON'T LIKE IT WELL THATS JUST TOUGH CAUSE IT WON'T CHANGE THE FACT I AM A MINORITY IN MY OWN COUNTRY AND STILL DON'T THINK IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO BRING YOUR KIDS UP ...
Hi lissaloo ,i will say this you are entitled to your opinion and i accept it ,unfortunately the opinion you have seems to be quiet the norm in some parts of britain .
My parents are like it and my in-laws are all like it ,i often wonder what has happened to britain to have its inhabitants be so negative ,it could be just a mixture of muslim extremism and rapid migration from the eastern block countrys.
I dont think doing the runner and being a migrant yourself can be the answer as you may come across some of the prejudices that migrants get when they go to the uk .
I go back to the uk everyyear and admitedly i dont do much work there but certainly after 20 years in aussie its a breath of fresh air ,i will have to think long and hard on wether i return even though britain is one of the most beautiful countries in the world it would drive me insane listening to people who will tell me its much better in aussie but have been no further than the isle of wight .
Good luck for the future .
P.s it may well be the case after a few years you will be begging to live in places like sparkhill,sparkbrook,handsworth ,balsall heath .Believe me they are more vibrant than anything here in aussie .

Last edited by king kong; Jan 20th 2008 at 11:47 am.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't britain anymore there are more muslims building mosques than are churches they are some shopping centres wasn't allowed to call christmas lights christmas lights because it's against the muslim religion and it's racist to them !!ER HELLO THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR COUNTRY !!! so no i won't fight for it cause the goverment fights for other and not there own people...i feel very strong about this and for people who have lived away for a long time and come back you are in for a major wake up call ! even the mayor of Nottingham is of indian origin !!!:curse:
Do you work for the Daily Mail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.