Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Jan 19th 2015, 6:48 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by lf1
I haven't watched it yet and I don't know if I will. I still can't bring myself to watch the last episode of Morse. I know, I am in denial.
I didn't realise this was the last series until I read that in the Sunday Times this week. I had thought the previous series was going to be the last but then I saw the "new" one and assumed we had several weeks of it. No such luck - just three episodes!
Old Jan 19th 2015, 8:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Unfortunately my Ex-Pat Shield is no longer working .I was told Hot spot needed to be updated. Once I did I was then told I would have to pay a charge to use the update. So I am now trying to find a new one. Any suggestions.....
MediaHint to access BBC/ITV players or just go to Filmon via these links.

Camposat.Tv
viewtelly - Watch UK Television (TV) Online Anywhere - Any-time FREE
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:42 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I didn't realise this was the last series until I read that in the Sunday Times this week. I had thought the previous series was going to be the last but then I saw the "new" one and assumed we had several weeks of it. No such luck - just three episodes!
Why do all good things have to come to an end? I'll just have to watch my DVD's again to get my fix.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:12 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Why do all good things have to come to an end? I'll just have to watch my DVD's again to get my fix.
I missed the first few series (I didn't start watching them until after I came back in 2006) so I guess I could get the box set (Series 1-7 can be had for £45) and go back to the beginning. That's a lot of binge-watching!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:21 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I missed the first few series (I didn't start watching them until after I came back in 2006) so I guess I could get the box set (Series 1-7 can be had for £45) and go back to the beginning. That's a lot of binge-watching!
I think they are still on Netflix, if you have access to that. Either way, "quality" binge-watching is good for you, especially on a dreich weekend.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:45 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by lf1
I think they are still on Netflix, if you have access to that. Either way, "quality" binge-watching is good for you, especially on a dreich weekend.
Can't get Netflix, the internet speed here is pants. Next place I live, has to be somewhere that has fibre optic!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

BBC2 have a film on tonight about the televising of the trial of Adolf Eichmann starring Martin Freeman as the producer.

Looks interesting.

Sherlock Star Martin Freeman cast in BBC2 film The Eichmann Show
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well despite Broadchurch 2 being panned in the press because of inconsistencies and inaccuracies I am still enjoying it. Also enjoying Silent Witness, Foyles War and Last Tango in Halifax. Mr Selfridge back next week too.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 12:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Well despite Broadchurch 2 being panned in the press because of inconsistencies and inaccuracies...
Unfairly so I reckon.

There was one major justifiable criticism (presence of jury for legal argument) but all the others are just nitpicking and explainable by appreciating that proper procedures are not always followed to the letter or by imagining alternative explanation.

The one that's really irritating me is this idea that the family chose
Spoiler:
the prosecuting barrister.

They did not.

Spoiler:
They tried to persuade her and failed. She changed her mind when she discovered who was representing the defendant.

For all we know, and given she had a good reputation, she might already have been the official first choice anyway, but turned it down. CPS or whoever makes the decisions may hav gladly accepted her change of mind.

Alternatively, maybe she was owed a favour somewhere along the way. I'm sure such things influence court appointments just as they do elsewhere. It may not be admitted to as the norm.

Interestingly Spiral was held up as an example of reality by those critical of BC2 but in that show the judges and lawyers are all having secret meetings, telling each other stuff off the record and many of the officials got where they are on favours.

Last weekend a lawyer even 'stole' another lawyer's case using deception to get it.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Well despite Broadchurch 2 being panned in the press because of inconsistencies and inaccuracies I am still enjoying it. Also enjoying Silent Witness, Foyles War and Last Tango in Halifax. Mr Selfridge back next week too.
OH is finally caught up on series 1 of Broadchurch, so we will begin series 2 tomorrow. I had only seen the first two episodes so number 3 will be new for us both. If I can bring film up on this TV thread, tonight we are going to see The Imitation Game. Very excited about it.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
OH is finally caught up on series 1 of Broadchurch, so we will begin series 2 tomorrow. I had only seen the first two episodes so number 3 will be new for us both. If I can bring film up on this TV thread, tonight we are going to see The Imitation Game. Very excited about it.
There is a movie review thread here...http://britishexpats.com/forum/loung.../#post11540476

I am interested to read your thoughts on the film as its on hubby's must see list. I am not a DC fan...therefore I'm not that bithered about seeing it.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There is a movie review thread here...http://britishexpats.com/forum/loung.../#post11540476

I am interested to read your thoughts on the film as its on hubby's must see list. I am not a DC fan...therefore I'm not that bithered about seeing it.
Oh ta. I am a DC fan so I am VERY MUCH blithered about seeing it Not to mention a huge spy/code breaking thingy fan. Will let you know how I liked it.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Loved Mr. Selfridge, I will be looking out for that.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Me too.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Me three

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.