Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 8th 2014, 8:59 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think my Humax PVR is almost at capacity - will have to watch some stuff or start deleting!

I watched part of the first episode (I think) of the Borders documentary. It was hosted by some weird Hobbit-looking guy who was scampering around Hadrian's wall pretending to re-enact the attack of a barbarian horde against the Romans, it was all a bit strange really.
I had a chick flick Sunday a few weeks ago in order to watch some films that have been on my recorder for almost a year! There seems to be so many good dramas on at the moment that It makes it difficult to choose what to watch. Last night Endeavour won out, but tonight I will have to choose between The Crimson Field and Undeniable.

Now that the gardening shows have started, I wonder if I will ever have time to get into the garden.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:23 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I had a chick flick Sunday a few weeks ago in order to watch some films that have been on my recorder for almost a year! There seems to be so many good dramas on at the moment that It makes it difficult to choose what to watch. Last night Endeavour won out, but tonight I will have to choose between The Crimson Field and Undeniable.

Now that the gardening shows have started, I wonder if I will ever have time to get into the garden.
I think you and I are leading parallel lives. I still haven't given the grass its first cut of the year.

Re: the Borders comment Rebs made, I forgot that the presenter did all that Afghanistan stuff - it really seemed out of place. And as for: Neil Oliver (bleuuch), Julia Bradbury, Matt Baker, Kate Humble, et al. please can we have some variety? Give someone else a chance!

I like Monty Don's presenting style, he is so low-key and not trying to be a "personality". Maybe I'm just getting old, but so many presenters these days look like they stepped straight from Blue Peter, or some other kids' show.

Grumble, grumble, grumble - there actually is a lot on TV that I do like!

Last edited by dunroving; Apr 8th 2014 at 9:34 am.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:56 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you and I are leading parallel lives. I still haven't given the grass its first cut of the year.

Re: the Borders comment Rebs made, I forgot that the presenter did all that Afghanistan stuff - it really seemed out of place. And as for: Neil Oliver (bleuuch), Julia Bradbury, Matt Baker, Kate Humble, et al. please can we have some variety? Give someone else a chance!

I like Monty Don's presenting style, he is so low-key and not trying to be a "personality". Maybe I'm just getting old, but so many presenters these days look like they stepped straight from Blue Peter, or some other kids' show.

Grumble, grumble, grumble - there actually is a lot on TV that I do like!
I agree with you re Monty Don. He comes across as being so down to earth and passionate about his subject. He is only upstaged by his dog Nigel, who steals the show with his cameo appearances.

Now, I do like Neil Oliver, but he needs to lose the handbag. It is just as bad as Nicholas Crane and his brolly. We know they have a camera crew with them, so couldn't they just leave their personal belongings in their care?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:19 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

For the gardeners out there, Gardeners' World magazine included a blurb on what is coming up on TV and Radio

Gardeners' World, Monty Don & Co - Fri 8.30 pm BBC 2

Beechgrove Garden - Thurs 7.30 BBC 2

The Big Allotment Challenge, presented by Fern Britton - TBC BBC 2

British Gardens in Time - TBC BBC 4

Everyday Eden: A potted history of the suburban garden, Michael Collins - TBC BBC4

The Wonder of Bees with Martha Kearney - TBC. BBC 4

Magic of Mushrooms, Prof. Richard Fortey - TBC BBC 4

Dirt, Chris Beardshaw- TBC BBC 4

Hard Craft, Monty Don explores the world of traditional crafmanship - TBC More 4

Gardeners' Question Time - Fri 3 pm, repeated Sun 2 pm Radio 4

Tweet of the Day, 90 second prog broadcasting a different bird song each morning - Weekdays 5.58 am, Radio 4

Living World, Sun 27 Apr, 6.53 am, Radio 4
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
For the gardeners out there, Gardeners' World magazine included a blurb on what is coming up on TV and Radio

Gardeners' World, Monty Don & Co - Fri 8.30 pm BBC 2

Beechgrove Garden - Thurs 7.30 BBC 2

The Big Allotment Challenge, presented by Fern Britton - TBC BBC 2

British Gardens in Time - TBC BBC 4

Everyday Eden: A potted history of the suburban garden, Michael Collins - TBC BBC4

The Wonder of Bees with Martha Kearney - TBC. BBC 4

Magic of Mushrooms, Prof. Richard Fortey - TBC BBC 4

Dirt, Chris Beardshaw- TBC BBC 4

Hard Craft, Monty Don explores the world of traditional crafmanship - TBC More 4

Gardeners' Question Time - Fri 3 pm, repeated Sun 2 pm Radio 4

Tweet of the Day, 90 second prog broadcasting a different bird song each morning - Weekdays 5.58 am, Radio 4

Living World, Sun 27 Apr, 6.53 am, Radio 4
You should also have stated that other channels may also have gardening programmes, Gardeners World is a BBC magazine, so will NOT tell you about other channels.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:39 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You should also have stated that other channels may also have gardening programmes, Gardeners World is a BBC magazine, so will NOT tell you about other channels.
Why? I don't work for the BBC. Care to share what the other channels are offering? I am always keen to see other gardening programmes.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:05 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Why? I don't work for the BBC. Care to share what the other channels are offering? I am always keen to see other gardening programmes.
Are you sure you're not one of those damn Lefties?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Simle answer is to do a google search, incidentally the Allotment programme starts April 15th
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:43 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Are you sure you're not one of those damn Lefties?
I've been tumbled Who knew that a simple post on gardening shows would uncover so much. NOT!!!

Last edited by lf1; Apr 8th 2014 at 12:46 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:45 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Simle answer is to do a google search, incidentally the Allotment programme starts April 15th
What am I googling for?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:12 pm
Concierge

Anyone watch 'undeniable' on ITV last night, looks quite good, but it's only a two parter.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed that but wish it had more than two parts.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by michali
I really enjoyed that but wish it had more than two parts.
I've just downloaded it. Do you know when part 2 is on? I will watch it after part 2 is shown. Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
I've just downloaded it. Do you know when part 2 is on? I will watch it after part 2 is shown. Thanks.
next monday
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't given the grass its first cut of the year.
We still have about three feet of snow on our grass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.