Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

BristolUK..I downloaded Google Chrome so I could get MediaHint but when I tried downloading MediaHint Google would not allow it they had some statement saying that would not allow it. They did give an explantion but I forget what it was.

Curleytops..I did get a relative to help out but I also had to have a download like Ex-Pat Sheild for it to work. Having taken out my download for the sheild I had to redo it but it now works fine..I am not very computer savvy so half the time I have no idea what I am doing and its just luck that I manage to get things done. Thankyou....

I did get an email from Angel at VPNtv asking me did I want to sign up with them which was creeepy as I had never been in contact with them. They said the reason people are losing connections to programs is because of something called Astra Satellite switchover. Angel said they could overcome the problems caused by this. I am amazed at how these companies can find out what you are doing.

For the time being I am back watching TV
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It can be scary! It depends on how desperate you are to watch UK TV! I am desperate! So I pay about five pounds a month for a VPN via HMA and it is SO worth it and very reliable.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 12:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
BristolUK..I downloaded Google Chrome so I could get MediaHint but when I tried downloading MediaHint Google would not allow it they had some statement saying that would not allow it. They did give an explantion but I forget what it was.
Can't help with Chrome I'm afraid but I use MediaHint on Firefox. I've never tried Chrome.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

I use ZenMate for Google Chrome, it's a free download and works perfectly, allowing me to watch BBC, ITV and Channel 4 iPlayers. Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a go.

http://download.cnet.com/ZenMate-for...-75965196.html
Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue

Curleytops..I did get a relative to help out but I also had to have a download like Ex-Pat Sheild for it to work. Having taken out my download for the sheild I had to redo it but it now works fine..I am not very computer savvy so half the time I have no idea what I am doing and its just luck that I manage to get things done. Thankyou....

I did get an email from Angel at VPNtv asking me did I want to sign up with them which was creeepy as I had never been in contact with them. They said the reason people are losing connections to programs is because of something called Astra Satellite switchover. Angel said they could overcome the problems caused by this. I am amazed at how these companies can find out what you are doing.

For the time being I am back watching TV
I just log on using my own Canadian email and password which is a gmail account and I use Hola as a VPN. You folks are making it much harder than it needs to be. I use Hola for a VPN: http://hola.org/. It's free. And only Chrome for me! I find it to be the safest, most reliable and easy to use browser. I have used IE in the past (too many crashes) and Firefox (better but not as good as Chrome!)

Last edited by bandrui; Mar 4th 2014 at 9:21 am.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:34 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

A new series of "Silk" started last week - any watchers?

[For those who haven't heard of it, it is a courtroom drama centred around a legal firm]

Any "Line of Duty" watchers (police drama)? I have been enjoying trying to figure out just exactly what is the truth about the central character. Apparently it is the second series but I don't recall ever seeing a first series.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

[For those who haven't heard of it, it is a courtroom drama centred around a legal firm]

Any "Line of Duty" watchers (police drama)? I have been enjoying trying to figure out just exactly what is the truth about the central character. Apparently it is the second series but I don't recall ever seeing a first series.
Yes, I'm watching Silk - I'm a bit conflicted about it...on the one hand, I'm a fan of Maxine Peake (she seems to have done a few things on the radio lately too).. and I find Rupert Penry-Jones very easy on the eye On the other hand, I watched the previous serious and I can't for the life of me remember any elements of the plot lines, so I'm not sure what that tells me about how gripping it is.

Is Line of Duty the show with Suranne Jones? I missed season one of that, but I have heard good things about it. She's another actress that is usually in good stuff.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:11 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Yes, I'm watching Silk - I'm a bit conflicted about it...on the one hand, I'm a fan of Maxine Peake (she seems to have done a few things on the radio lately too).. and I find Rupert Penry-Jones very easy on the eye On the other hand, I watched the previous serious and I can't for the life of me remember any elements of the plot lines, so I'm not sure what that tells me about how gripping it is.

Is Line of Duty the show with Suranne Jones? I missed season one of that, but I have heard good things about it. She's another actress that is usually in good stuff.
Line of Duty has Keeley Hawes (Life on Mars?) as the key character - I just Wiki'd series one and realised I did watch it - but there were several different central characters so it was almost a different story. No wonder I didn't remember it!!

Agree with you that Suranne Jones is a good actress, and Maxine Peake. In Silk I can't get over how good a barrister her character is and Rupert Penry-Jones' character is just, well, a bit dippy - but he is the one that gets all the kudos in the firm.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have the first series lined up and ready to watch. Please don't give anything away.
I noticed there was a second series so I moved it to my desktop to remind me.

But I have to finish House of Cards first.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 2:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I think Keely Hawes has been excellent in this series of Line of Duty, this week's episode is apparently a corker.

I like Silk too but I think I just perv after Rupert Penry Jones
Old Mar 5th 2014, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Silk, watched the last series so was happy to see it back on the tele. Am also watching The Indian Doctor which is good, something with Fred Dibner in it and Great British Railway Journeys with Michael Portillo.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Death in Paradise has just come to an end. It grew on me and I will miss it!
Old Mar 10th 2014, 10:26 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

A new series of Endeavour will be airing soon on ITV. I'm looking forward to that.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:00 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by lf1
A new series of Endeavour will be airing soon on ITV. I'm looking forward to that.
On my list to check out. I saw some previews of something that looked interesting. A 3-parter called The Widower.

Something in the preview rather gave something away though and I wonder if that might spoil it a bit. I'd trust the BBC not to do something like that but I'm less sure about ITV.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Shetland was back last night, I do like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.