Been back 18mths after 21yrs away

Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been back 18mths after 21yrs away

OK, this is a blatant 'pity party' post 'cos I'm feel depressed about the situation.

Recovery was going well and I was back at work (had to stand most of the time at my desk but that was ok). Last 3-4 days it's all flared up again, not as intense, but something is very wrong. Off work again and back on full meds. MRI tonight and find out if a 2nd op is required next week. I've gone from counting the weeks when I can get back on my bike, to wanting to walk again pain free. Very frustrating
Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:33 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
OK, this is a blatant 'pity party' post 'cos I'm feel depressed about the situation.

Recovery was going well and I was back at work (had to stand most of the time at my desk but that was ok). Last 3-4 days it's all flared up again, not as intense, but something is very wrong. Off work again and back on full meds. MRI tonight and find out if a 2nd op is required next week. I've gone from counting the weeks when I can get back on my bike, to wanting to walk again pain free. Very frustrating
Aww chin up old bean, just think how much worse you would feel if you were in Australia!!! At least you are still here in dear old Blighty.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Aww chin up old bean, just think how much worse you would feel if you were in Australia!!! At least you are still here in dear old Blighty.
In some ways, it was easier over there when I had my huge accident in 09, as I was able to play down how bad it was.

oh well, we'll find out later.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, I hope you get some good news
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:35 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you feel better soon. This isn't a UK/Aus comment but my husband is convinced recovery from surgery is easy in warm weather than in damp cold weather. I hope further surgery isn't required and you can get back to reasonable mobility soon.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
I hope you feel better soon. This isn't a UK/Aus comment but my husband is convinced recovery from surgery is easy in warm weather than in damp cold weather. I hope further surgery isn't required and you can get back to reasonable mobility soon.
Thanks NB. Funny you should mention about the recovery in warm weather, been having the same thoughts myself as far as the mental thing goes. But when I busted 5 ribs and collar bone in 09 I found the heat uncomfortable because I couldn't turn over.

MRI showed no obvious cause for the relapse so no surgery at the moment, having a 'caudal facet epidural' (or something) on Monday to ease pain. We'll see after that. Looks like more time off work and more painkillers for now

I hate this, I've always been active and working, the longer it goes on the more down I get about it. Of course reading all the tri and cycling sites doesn't exactly help
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NB. Funny you should mention about the recovery in warm weather, been having the same thoughts myself as far as the mental thing goes. But when I busted 5 ribs and collar bone in 09 I found the heat uncomfortable because I couldn't turn over.

MRI showed no obvious cause for the relapse so no surgery at the moment, having a 'caudal facet epidural' (or something) on Monday to ease pain. We'll see after that. Looks like more time off work and more painkillers for now

I hate this, I've always been active and working, the longer it goes on the more down I get about it. Of course reading all the tri and cycling sites doesn't exactly help
My husband has recently taken up cycling, traded in the motorised 2 wheels for pedal power. He is also a runner and if it wasn't for the fact he isn't a confident swimmer he would make a great triathlete. Damp weather isn't good for healing bones, even now my husbands legs (he has titanium plates in them) ache in damp weather.

Seriously though, we may have differing views about life down under but I do wis you all the very best in your recovery.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
My husband has recently taken up cycling, traded in the motorised 2 wheels for pedal power. He is also a runner and if it wasn't for the fact he isn't a confident swimmer he would make a great triathlete. Damp weather isn't good for healing bones, even now my husbands legs (he has titanium plates in them) ache in damp weather.

Seriously though, we may have differing views about life down under but I do wis you all the very best in your recovery.
Interesting about the plate, as I have a 5" plate in my right clavicle and have more pain sleeping on that side here in the UK.

Most triathletes aren't confident swimmers when they start and you can get loads of help with clubs if he wants to start. I can help you with contacts if required? There are races for begginers called enticers.

No worries about differing views, undoubtedly we'll be returning at some point, but I've decided not to worry about it anymore. A happy Mrs TB is a happy Mr TB. Although $1.48 is kicking me square in the nuts Just glad we only transferred 50% of our money.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear TB, that's no good! I hope they can sort out what ails you and all the pain stuff. And never give up hope that things will turn around for Mrs TB and she will want to stay - you never know your luck!

I'm at the not thinking about returning stage - I know I will have to at some point but this just feels so right, I dont want to spoil it!!!!