Here's a funny thing

Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here's a funny thing

I've spent some considerable time working on getting back to the UK (twice!). It's nice and I like it. Mrs TB would rather be in Oz. We had a good ole chat last night and she said if the stress is too much for me, then she'll stay here.

But now my body is rebelling against all the years of triathlon and my back is craptacular at the moment,once it's fixed I've come to realise I really don't care anymore where we live.

I've got good contacts and friends over there (we both have), good contacts here. Life can work in both countries for us. Maybe it's the meds talking, but I really am in a good place with whatever we decide.

Loads of things wrong/right with Oz, loads of things wrong/right with the UK. I've decided to ditch the 'there or here' comparos and just think, ' if we're happy then good'

One thing I've noticed in the last few weeks since I've been thinking this way is that I've contributed to the Oz forum a bit more as I don't feel the need to rail against one country or the other now, just answer honestly.

For the first time in years I feel in a good place emotionally in regards to where we are living/might live. I feel completely neutral about it now. Now I know that Mrs TB will stay if it's best for us, then I don't care if we go back.

Weird huh
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:22 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's a funny thing

You sound settled and comfy.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting. I hope you'll both enjoy wherever you eventually decide to live.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Just a matter of seeing where your best opportunities are at the time then huh?

It comes with the freedom of knowing that you CAN and that you have a choice in the matter. Once you feel shackled because your choices are taken away then it becomes more difficult to deal with.

I hesitate to say this but at this distance, even I can be more positive about Australia and my eventual return (unless I can persuade the DH that the garden really will grow much better here! LOL) whereas if I were still immured there I would be ranting and venting about the minutiae that got up my nose.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 10:38 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

there's no right or wrong country to live in, it's all about what's best for you and your circumstances which is why no one else can say where's best for anyone. It's great you can answer honestly about either cos that's your experience

Good luck with your move mate

PS. bet the weather suits your bones better in Aus
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:35 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly right, if there was a one size fits all life would be so easy. That is what annoys me when the died in the wool Ozziephiles carry on about the UK economy and trot out all these 'expert' opinions about where the country will be in 20 years time. All that shit doesn't matter to us, it's where the heart is.
My broken bones still play up here in Brisbane in the summer

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
there's no right or wrong country to live in, it's all about what's best for you and your circumstances which is why no one else can say where's best for anyone. It's great you can answer honestly about either cos that's your experience

Good luck with your move mate

PS. bet the weather suits your bones better in Aus