Is anyone returning from Canada?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone returning from Canada?

Originally Posted by Gezza
I was in Maple Ridge between 2002 - 2004 Had a good job but did not like the grim look of the whole lot: from East Hastings Street to Mission - oo much. And missed England. But now on the fence again. England has become a real duldrum to me and a scarry place as well. People here no longer smile.And most of the awful (public and busines) practices that put me off Vancouver/Canada are now firmly established in England!
Just to illustrate the difference in individual perception re England etc, I made contact with an old Militery buddy (after some 30 years) who has lived in Hampshire near Portsmouth for most of his adult life. On learning of me now living in Canada he mailed me back

"Canada! don't Blame you actually.-Thanks to Blair & Brown this country is Ratshit! You're well out of it"

Just another opinion I know but makes me even happier with my lot here in Canada

Best to all
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macadian
Just to illustrate the difference in individual perception re England etc, I made contact with an old Militery buddy (after some 30 years) who has lived in Hampshire near Portsmouth for most of his adult life. On learning of me now living in Canada he mailed me back

"Canada! don't Blame you actually.-Thanks to Blair & Brown this country is Ratshit! You're well out of it"

Just another opinion I know but makes me even happier with my lot here in Canada

Best to all
I didn't leave England because of so called 'problems' which actually every country has. I left to experience life in another country which I have now done so I don't have any issues about returning to England, infact I will return with broader vision of the world :-)
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dewdrop
Yes, we are near Toronto, Ontario and want to move back to the UK....I was bought here as a child, so feel the urge to move back, w/family....been back many times, so I know that is what we want...
Miss family
History
uniforms in the schools
food etc....

But,(always a but) still hubby(CND) has a great job here, that is the downside to it all, & will we be able to afford a home in the UK, and live comfortably, or struggle?? Only moving there will tell?
Good Luck...

ps...vancouver is more expensive, than southern ontario...ie)food
I know quite a few people who are married to Canadians here and long to go back to England, unfortunately their OH's aren't so keen. Can you go back for a long working vacation a bit like we did when we came to Canada?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gezza
I was in Maple Ridge between 2002 - 2004 Had a good job but did not like the grim look of the whole lot: from East Hastings Street to Mission - oo much. And missed England. But now on the fence again. England has become a real duldrum to me and a scarry place as well. People here no longer smile.And most of the awful (public and busines) practices that put me off Vancouver/Canada are now firmly established in England!
Well only you can make your mind up! Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fishfinger
I know quite a few people who are married to Canadians here and long to go back to England, unfortunately their OH's aren't so keen. Can you go back for a long working vacation a bit like we did when we came to Canada?
Yes, we are thinking of every different scenerio to see what would work best for us & the children! Time will tell....planning at trip back later this year to have a look around...and do some research!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't leave England because of so called 'problems' which actually every country has. )
Nor did I. In fact I was reasonably happy in the UK having travelled the world to some degree in my life. However, personal circumstances brought me here to Canada a few years ago and must confess, would not want to have to return to the UK other than to visit family/friends. Each to their own and their own personal circumstances.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:19 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Best to all
Good grief ratshit- how specific! and what experiences has he had living away from the Uk? as you said he's been there 30 years. you don't know how great the UK can be until you leave it.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hayley
Good grief ratshit- how specific! and what experiences has he had living away from the Uk? as you said he's been there 30 years. you don't know how great the UK can be until you leave it.
That's so often the case, people are only too willing to comment but have never experienced living away from the UK. I wish people in the UK would turn this whole 'Britiain is going to the dogs' thing around and start having pride in the country. Canadians certainly have pride in their country and I admire them for that, all we seem to want to do is slag the UK off and then run off!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:58 pm

Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

That's so often the case, people are only too willing to comment but have never experienced living away from the UK. I wish people in the UK would turn this whole 'Britiain is going to the dogs' thing around and start having pride in the country. Canadians certainly have pride in their country and I admire them for that, all we seem to want to do is slag the UK off and then run off!
It's the British self depreciating way

I intend to go back and be a brit advocate, hopefully I can start a movement
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's the British self depreciating way

I intend to go back and be a brit advocate, hopefully I can start a movement
Good idea, I'll join!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:12 pm

Good idea, I'll join!
maybe the only friends I'll have in the UK will be expat returnees because everyone else will think I've lost my head to return to England.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

maybe the only friends I'll have in the UK will be expat returnees because everyone else will think I've lost my head to return to England.
I know my friends don't, they can't wait for us to return. We've kept in contact throughout my time in Canada and I count them as true friends.

I'm sure your friends will be pleased to see you all happy and smiley.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:23 pm

I know my friends don't, they can't wait for us to return. We've kept in contact throughout my time in Canada and I count them as true friends.

I'm sure your friends will be pleased to see you all happy and smiley.
You are fortunate to be returning to support.

I hope they are all supportive- if not I'll have to fly them here and leave them for 6 years!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

what experiences has he had living away from the Uk? as you said he's been there 30 years.
22 years in the Royal Navy travelling the world and having Lived in South Africa for a time. He's now approaching 60 years young.

Last edited by macadian; Jan 19th 2007 at 1:00 am.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

22 years in the Royal Navy travelling the world and having Lived in South Africa for a time. He's now approaching 60 years young.
Ok so you could ask, what is he still doing there if he hates it so?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.