Another Scottish island

Old Jul 26th 2016, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Scottish island

I have a cousin that lives on Stornoway, moved up there from Glasgow so he could raise his son more "traditionally"
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The two islands that are most "urban" and most developed are Bute and Lewis. The others are too rural for my taste. I like being in an urban setting with shops, libraries and buses !
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Next month I hope to go and pay tribute to the dead at Glenfinnan. I shal lhave to dodge the Harry Potter fans who now swamp the place because of the Glenfinnan Viaduct

Glenfinnan Monument
Old Aug 17th 2016, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am off today to add to my list of Scottish islands. This one is The Isle of Gigha - off the Kintyre Pensinsula. Quite far south, but still in the Gaeltacht. Accessible by public transport. The Glasgow-Campbeltown bus stops at Tayinloan and from there we have a Calmac ferry to Gigha.

One of my female admirers is accompanying me.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just got back from a trip to islay, Jura and Arran. I had hoped to visit the cottage on Jura that Viscount Astor lent to George Orwell. Too remote for my ancient legs. 3 miles on a dirt track followed by 3 miles cross-country. Maybe an approach by sea next time !

Islay was interesting. Arran was like a part of the Home Counties ! That is not something positive !
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You have any pics please Scot47?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do not take photos. I never solved the problem of what to DO with them. I am wary of friends and relatives who obsessively show everyone their holiday snaps.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope to get to a few more this summer perm any two from Colonsay, Coll, Tiree, Eigg and Muck. Maybe Rum as well !
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scot47
I just got back from a trip to islay, Jura and Arran. I had hoped to visit the cottage on Jura that Viscount Astor lent to George Orwell. Too remote for my ancient legs. 3 miles on a dirt track followed by 3 miles cross-country. Maybe an approach by sea next time !

Islay was interesting. Arran was like a part of the Home Counties ! That is not something positive !
Can't wait to go to Islay myelf......Laphroaig my favourite whisky!
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was a shock after Bute. Very rural. I like the fleshpots of urban life - bars, café and shops !
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

It was a shock after Bute. Very rural. I like the fleshpots of urban life - bars, café and shops !
Old Apr 27th 2017, 5:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I do not take photos. I never solved the problem of what to DO with them. I am wary of friends and relatives who obsessively show everyone their holiday snaps.
Postcard?
Old Apr 27th 2017, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/s...g&action=click
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

So happy you managed to retire and are enjoying yourself. I also hope to retire in about 8 more years in Scotland. Isle of Bute looks very nice..
Old May 8th 2017, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Off again today. Not an island this time but the town of Ayr. "Auld Ayr, wham neer a toon surpasses, fir honest men and bonnie lasses."

I shall be joining the other pilgrims visiting the shrines to Mr Burns, including the Kirk at Alloway and the brig that saved Tam O'Shanter from the coven of witches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.