Working Hours

Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Hours

I agree but on Todays Lunch time TV News is was reported that Santarém Bombeiros are down to 40 full timers & they need 80 at least to offer anything like a competent service.

If the present Gov kept there word & every body (not just those who don't count) lost 50% of Holiday & Xmas Pay then a little bit more would be in the POT to keep up essential services.

As it is they "cream of" to keep there allies happy knowing full well that if the PS where in power they would do exactly the same & joe public can't do --d all about it
The PSD & CDS -PP Coalition know there only going to be in for one term, so it seems there going to fill there sacks while they have the key's to the safe

Especially now as the much moated & needed new legislation which was to make "Illicit Enrichment" a Crime seems to have disappeared from the Parliamentary Schedule & will probably never be heard of again so now they will
Make Hay while the Sun shines

Last edited by Ingles; Nov 20th 2012 at 3:12 pm. Reason: for got PAY
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
Hi tombo .Yes they did & also the Gov bailed out BPN Bank to the tune of many many millions then when they sold it they took only 45€ Million from BCI ?
There out of there depth !
I apologizes I got the sale Price wrong for BPN ,it should have been 40€ Million.

Now it gets interesting in Parliament early this week the Bloco Esquerda (Left Wing) accused the Gov of selling BPN at a fire sale price with a discount 60%

As The bank was valued by independent financial valuers of having a net worth of 100€ Million.

Makes you think
Old Nov 28th 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I found this "link" on another ExPat site - Go too half way down page

This is the most honest precise of why Portugal is in the state it is & why it will continue to stay this way

http://www.portugal.com/places/
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

I think that is great article and sums up the current situation. Will they change?? I very much doubt it!!!

Joao
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joao
I think that is great article and sums up the current situation. Will they change?? I very much doubt it!!!

Joao
It will never change Joao ,the "system" is now so set up thats self generating .
If a Portuguese Journalist wrote this It would never ever get published,
the PT Press snipe around the edges & sometimes get rather blunt.
But it goe's no further
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

More "Jobs for the Boys"
Today it was disclosed that 18 New Directors/Sub Directors for Insittuto Segrança Social have been appointed by the the present coalition
13 by PSD
5 by CDS-PP
All are fullly paid up members off both Parties & will be on a salary of 3.000€'s per month + they keep the day jobs.

Every where else staff are being cut !!!
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

No doubt the new payments will be set against higher taxes, just cann't win. But that is life!!
Joao
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I left a comment some time back on the thread "How corrupt is Portugal"
To Clarify my comment

In 2010 Fernando Guerra was condemned to a 3 year suspended sentence because he had a rather large amount Gun's & Ammunition off calibers it is illegal to have as a private person here.
2 weeks back he made the news again the Police Judiciaria went thru his bank account's & found he had moved +/- 5 Million €'s thru them !
They got the "twitch" & after a visit to his local Camará information came to light that he was also the owner off 33 Properties in the surounding area.
Sr Fernando Guerra is a Priest based in Montalegre
The investigation is ongoing.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sr.Fernando Mendes - was a PSP Squadron Chief based in Porto
Sra.Sonia Costa - was part off the DIAP Judiciary based in Porto.

Both where arrested 2 weeks back due to the fact that for some considerable time they had been "tipping" off a local Drug Lord as to when & how & what time he & his associates would be raided by the Police
They used there insider knowledge for financial gain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Angolan National landed in Lisboa with +/- 1 Million €'s off "blood diamonds"
hidden on his body which he failed to declare to the customs.

To cut a long story short,he was kidnapped & when the Unidade Espécial Combate da Crime Violento tracked his kidnappers down & set him free 2 off them Sr.Fernando Monserrate & Sr.Bruno Baptista where found to be serving agents in the PSP

There are also several other cases being investigated at the present where members of the " Police & Judicial System" are involved
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is just one thing after another and they say UK is bad?
Joao
Old Dec 27th 2012, 11:15 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joao
It is just one thing after another and they say UK is bad?
Joao
there, and I was wondering why a reasonable thread has become a personal tirade against white collar fraud.

talking to the young girl in one of our local bars she told me she had 5 days holiday per year, last year she went to London for the week to learn/improve her English.

presumably bank holidays would be added to that 5, but as the bar is open 7 days a week it must be by negotiation to have days off in lieu.
`
Old Dec 27th 2012, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Domino
there, and I was wondering why a reasonable thread has become a personal tirade against white collar fraud.
talking to the young girl in one of our local bars she told me she had 5 days holiday per year, last year she went to London for the week to learn/improve her English.

presumably bank holidays would be added to that 5, but as the bar is open 7 days a week it must be by negotiation to have days off in lieu.
`
Please Note :- This is NOT a personal tirade ,these are the facts & one off the reasons PT is going down the pan.
If I had the time & inclination I could post @ least twice a day cases reported in the PT Press or on PT TV in which the persons "employed" by the Tax payer (we all pay at least 1 Tax = IVA) use there given position for there own personal illicit gain
I do so because sadly most of the UK ExPats here do not read or speak PT fully enough to completely understand what is actually taking place in there adopted country.

Another Fact & Domino's reply

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=779537&page=2

Last edited by Ingles; Dec 27th 2012 at 1:58 pm. Reason: added link
Old Dec 27th 2012, 3:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
Please Note :- This is NOT a personal tirade ,these are the facts & one off the reasons PT is going down the pan.
If I had the time & inclination I could post @ least twice a day cases reported in the PT Press or on PT TV in which the persons "employed" by the Tax payer (we all pay at least 1 Tax = IVA) use there given position for there own personal illicit gain
I do so because sadly most of the UK ExPats here do not read or speak PT fully enough to completely understand what is actually taking place in there adopted country.

Another Fact & Domino's reply

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=779537&page=2
my quoted response appears to be within the parameters of the original thread

how does the corruption by white collar workers and politicians have anything remotely to do with "Working Hours" and Mistygirl's original posting ?
how does 4 pages of "translations of press reports" on the corruption by white collar workers and politicians have anything remotely to do with "Working Hours" and Mistygirl's original posting ?

if you feel you are offering a "service" to your mates then why not start a new thread on the appropriate subject ? Or better still why not start an on-line news service.?

Small wonder Mistygirl has done a bunk, too busy working ! !

`
Old Dec 27th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I quite like what you have to say "Ingles", so perhaps it would be better if you did start a new thread and then you can pass on the news that way. Something on the lines of "Portugal pros and cons"
Joao
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Domino;10451955]my quoted response appears to be within the parameters of the original thread

how does the corruption by white collar workers and politicians have anything remotely to do with "Working Hours" and Mistygirl's original posting ?
how does 4 pages of "translations of press reports" on the corruption by white collar workers and politicians have anything remotely to do with "Working Hours" and Mistygirl's original posting ?

if you feel you are offering a "service" to your mates then why not start a new thread on the appropriate subject ? Or better still why not start an on-line news service.?

Small wonder Mistygirl has done a bunk, too busy working ! !

`[/QUOTE
This thread has been running since Oct 2011 & has just slowly turned into a "info" thread as it is now due to the stupidity off the present PSD Gov over there "Working Hours idea" YOU are the only poster that has made a complaint over what is posted ,as this thread has well over 9.000 reads I personally think it's best left as it is.
If you don't like what is posted, please note nobody is forcing you to read it or contribute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.