Working Hours

Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

mistygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Hours

Can anyone shed any sense on the information my boss gave us today that we have to work an extra 2 1/2 hours a week next year for no extra pay?
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Hours

Our esteem'd PM Coelho came out with this last week during one of his frequent ramblings in front of the TV Cameras.
How the hell they expect the employee's to do this for nothing is beyond me ?
Everthing going up in Price - Disposable income going down & now the above
I can honestly state from long experience here in Portugal if a Private Co makes extra profit because of this ,the first thing the owner/s will do is buy a New Car.

I should ask you boss to prove this is LAW
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ingles
Our esteem'd PM Coelho came out with this last week during one of his frequent ramblings in front of the TV Cameras.
How the hell they expect the employee's to do this for nothing is beyond me ?
Everthing going up in Price - Disposable income going down & now the above
I can honestly state from long experience here in Portugal if a Private Co makes extra profit because of this ,the first thing the owner/s will do is buy a New Car.

I should ask you boss to prove this is LAW
Is there a complete list of the measure somewhere? I keep on hearing snippets and am not sure which ones to believe!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steppitoe
Is there a complete list of the measure somewhere? I keep on hearing snippets and am not sure which ones to believe!
The Phrase " A Pinch off Salt" comes to mind.
NO Government Policy changes or any changes to the way the system works
(list is endless :-Tax's etc) are deemed Implemented until they are published in the Diario de Republica ,once they have been Published in the DdR the Government takes the stand that everybody knows of the changes & they have no defense if they fail to carry them out.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

On Friday's (28th) PT TV News - The Gov & the Unions where stated to be having talks on how to implement this rather strange idea.
It was moated that if a employee works 0.5 hours extra per day , then over 4 weeks they are then 10 hours infront.
Here come the best part , because there 10 hours infront then they can have
A Day Off

The Inmates are running the Asylum
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi In yesterdays Diário de Noticias there was a headline on page 2
"Goveron abre a porta á semana de 48 horas"
"Gov open the door for a 48 hour week"
It also stated " sem que as empressas privadas incorram em custos adicionais com salários"
" without costing Private Companies any extra salary payments"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the DdN alkso yesterday the original idea of 2.5 hours a week may take place in 2012-13.

Sorry that this info is coming thru in bit's & pieces but that how the system works here,every that's important is drip fed to the Press/TV
As most of you well know,next time anything is said/printed about this idea it could be completely different!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to info you but this stupid idea has passed the first post ,there are protests as I write this in Porto.
How it is going to work I have NO idea & it will be a even money bet that nobody yet has the full picture .
As & when solid info is published I will post

Merry what ever !
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it pasted the first post & then fell at the first fence.
Basically this bloody stupid idea is "dead" as know body could agree as to how it would work.

I hate to think how many man hours-e'mails-bit's of paper-meetings etc have taken place just to agree to dissagree & forget it !!!

BUT the Business Associations have come up with another idea
They propose a CUT in the working week of 20% + Cut the salary 20%

Yet again I have to write " The Inmates are definitely running the Asylum"
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

lagosguy is on a distinguished road

Well it pasted the first post & then fell at the first fence.
Basically this bloody stupid idea is "dead" as know body could agree as to how it would work.

I hate to think how many man hours-e'mails-bit's of paper-meetings etc have taken place just to agree to dissagree & forget it !!!

BUT the Business Associations have come up with another idea
They propose a CUT in the working week of 20% + Cut the salary 20%

Yet again I have to write " The Inmates are definitely running the Asylum"

I'd agree for the most part, Ingles. But how about, for politicians and civil servants only, we had a cut in working hours of 100% with a cut in salary of 100%. Result: massive reduction in wasted expenditure, unnecessary bureaucracy, corruption, etc etc. Think they'd go for it?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lagosguy
I'd agree for the most part, Ingles. But how about, for politicians and civil servants only, we had a cut in working hours of 100% with a cut in salary of 100%. Result: massive reduction in wasted expenditure, unnecessary bureaucracy, corruption, etc etc. Think they'd go for it?
Dream on :- Our estemed PM Pedro Coelho (Peter Rabbit) has just appointed 2 new Administrators to Aguas de Portugal.

Manuel Frexes is the President of Câmara Fundâo & also the President of Association of Autarcas Social Democrates

Alvaro Castelo Branco is the Vice President of CDS in Câmara Porto
These positions are worth +/- 4.000€ per month & they keep there day jobs so the PT Press reckon there income's for the next year will be +/- 150.000€
Please note the present Gov is made up by a coalition PSD & CDS

No more No less "job's for the boy's"
Old Jan 18th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

New Info - Yesterday after a 17 hour meeting the following was "agreed"

Overtime Rate to be CUT (not sure by how much yet,will post when I can confirm)
Holiday Pay :- Cut to 50%
If you take a "point" off you lose a Day's Paid Holiday
But if the Owners decide to close on a "point" i.e a Thursday when Holiday is Friday you still lose a days Holiday pay
Employees can be made to work on a Satuday - Overtime rate = 25%
Paid Holidays cut from 25 to 22
4 Holidays Cancelled - 2 Civil -2 Religious
15 August - 5 October - 1st December as to the fourth I have no idea as nothing has been published yet?
Work Contracts :- ALL new contracts will state that Compensation paid for the cancellation of Contract by the Employer will be 20 days per year
this will commence in Nov 2012
Presently it's 30 days
+ The Gov intend to change the existing Work Contracts Law so they can bring ALL old Contracts as well under this New Law
If I have missed anything out I will post as the info comes thru

In my personal opinion the Worker is being well stuffed & I predict now that by the end of this year the only growth visible in the PT Economy will be a marked increase in the sales of High end Cars as the business owners lose the extra profits so they will not have to pay Tax
Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Thanks for the posts, they are very interesting. But I think it was only a matter of time before action was taken to rein in what up to now has been all on the side of the worker. I feel sorry for them as the wages are not high and that is why they needed all the extra add ons, but as times get tough (just look at the latest UK unemployment figures) then cuts will have to be made. I'm not too sure it will effect the efficiency of the workforce in the government as I believe that it was overstaffed anyway (jobs for the boys, jobs for life etc). Still lets see what the year brings.
Joao
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

confirm)
Holiday Pay :- Cut to 50%
Do you know if the 50% cut is for all or only for those who earn over X amount? i.e 700€

As an employer, I would rather not cut the holiday pay... it would be counter productive! If they do force the 50% cut... I hope at least they will also make the same cut for segrança social, but I won't hold my breath!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Do you know if the 50% cut is for all or only for those who earn over X amount? i.e 700€

As an employer, I would rather not cut the holiday pay... it would be counter productive! If they do force the 50% cut... I hope at least they will also make the same cut for segrança social, but I won't hold my breath!
As far as I can sort out because all this info is given in such a convoluted way as to make one go cross eyed
The Holiday Pay cut is across the board !
SS Cut's you got to be joking

Overtime Pay now +50% for 1st hour - +75% for 2nd & subsequent
Changed to +25% 1st hour - +37.5% for 2nd & subsequent

Reading the press this morning I was surprised to discover that this new accord was only agreed by CGDT Union
Joáo Proença & his colleagues of the UGT Union it seems walk'd out of the meeting soon after it started & he has accused the CGDT of accepting
"incentives" to sign this accord!
As they say "It's not over till the fat lady sings"
Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

I just had to post this as the working population is being screw'd into the ground with Overtime Cut's - Holiday Pay Cut's + Unemployment subsides also being cut, our beloved President Cavaco Silva stated yesterday that his Pension of 10.000€ per month is insufficient to cover his expenses !
Poor bugger- too all those who feel sorry for him I can supply his office address if you would like to send him some money
Story Line

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/int...ent_id=2255125

Last edited by Ingles; Jan 21st 2012 at 10:09 am. Reason: Added sarcastic comment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.