Thats torn it

Old Feb 1st 2021, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thats torn it

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's awful if people that are resident in Portugal (or any other country) are queue jumping ahead of people that live in the UK, and taking advantage of NHS treatment they're not entitled too, I really hope that's not true.
UK state pensioners are, I believe, allowed to take advantage of NHS treatment but the costs and risks of travelling at the moment (2 x Covid tests, hotel quarantine(?), multi-sector flights etc and the same again for the 2nd dose) will hopefully reduce that demand.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 11:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful if people that are resident in Portugal (or any other country) are queue jumping ahead of people that live in the UK, and taking advantage of NHS treatment they're not entitled too, I really hope that's not true.
I agree with you.

They may not necessarily be full time residents in another country but may have spent the winter there so now going back to ensure that they get their jabs that they are entitled to due to living the majority of the time in the UK.

Two versions that are possible.

Rosemary
Old Feb 1st 2021, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
UK state pensioners are, I believe, allowed to take advantage of NHS treatment
Non-residents (regardless of being UK citizens or state pensioners) are only entitled to emergency treatment. As you say, hopefully all of the hassle and cost will deter them, even if their morals don't!

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I agree with you.

They may not necessarily be full time residents in another country but may have spent the winter there so now going back to ensure that they get their jabs that they are entitled to due to living the majority of the time in the UK.

Two versions that are possible.

Rosemary
If they're UK residents then that's absolutely fair enough.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 1st 2021 at 11:35 am.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Non-residents (regardless of being UK citizens or state pensioners) are only entitled to emergency treatment. As you say, hopefully all of the hassle and cost will deter them, even if their morals don't!.

A bit sharp that comment - especially for the likes of WellInever who has only recently established as Resident Portugal, still getting sorted admin-wise, and has been offered a UK vaccine, where he does not know if he will be certain to get a Portuguese one, when, or if ... and now he is stuck ...
I think you will find that under the new compromises after Brexit, UK expat pensioners established in the EU before 31/1/20 , and particularly S1 holders, are entitled to full NHS access in the UK on presentation of the S1 and/or residency cert for Portugal - not only emergency treatment ...

see - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthca...luding-madeira
<Getting treatment in the UKSome former UK residents do not have to pay for NHS treatment when visiting England. This includes UK nationals who started living in the EU before 1 January 2021.>Read more about healthcare when you no longer live in the UK.
which takes you to
<Some former UK residents do not have to pay for NHS treatment when visiting England. This includes UK war pensioners, UK government employees, and UK nationals living in the EU on or before 31 December 2020.>

As to residents of the UK who are stuck in Portugal - some for many months now as per this forum because of cancelled flights and country restrictions, worried to be overstaying the 90 day limit etc etc - they are fully within their rights to expect to get their vaccine in the UK, but being stuck here, what can they do?

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 1st 2021 at 1:08 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe wouldn`t be so bad being stuck, if I understood what the role out of any vaccine (except Russia or Chinese) will be in Portugal. (well I see what they say but is it gonna happen)
I have not received any information from SNS regarding a jab, and I am in a high risk category (over 70 with pre exisiting relevant conditions).
Am I included?? Dunno really.
Does my local C de S answer the phone? No.
So if I was able to go back, self isolate in my own house, and take the jab ..............yes I would.
But its irrelevant as I cannot.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 9:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
A bit sharp that comment
It's JMO though, you don't have to agree with me. I would like to think the vast majority of people will just wait their turn in their country of residence.

As for eligibility, The Department of Health have said "Anyone who is returning to live in the UK from abroad will be eligible for the vaccine in line with Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) priority list. Britons living overseas should obtain the vaccine in their country of residence. They cannot arrange a vaccine in the UK from overseas.”
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

But equally non UK residents that do not pay for a UK TV licence should not watch UK TV?? But I suspect that 000s do.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by wellinever
But equally non UK residents that do not pay for a UK TV licence should not watch UK TV?? But I suspect that 000s do.
Yep very true. Have your cake and eat it springs to mind!
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL....very often the way when you get to the bottom of it.
Ironically I still pay a TV licence, reckon I am the only one, including in UK.