Thats torn it

Old Jan 25th 2021, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thats torn it

So after tomorrow anyone returning from Portugal to UK will have to spend 10 days in a hotel costing them £1500....wonder if Portugal will offer to pay if it goes on for next 4 months???
Old Jan 25th 2021, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thats torn it

Originally Posted by wellinever
So after tomorrow anyone returning from Portugal to UK will have to spend 10 days in a hotel costing them £1500....wonder if Portugal will offer to pay if it goes on for next 4 months???
To be honest looking at the news yesterday of a mobbed Heathrow I am left asking myself who are all these people flying during lockdown?

Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Currently watching Sky News and they are saying ‘some’ people will have to do hotel quarantine. This was the case in HK a few months back but the government decided to make it mandatory for almost everyone, flight crews and government ministers being the exception. Flight crews are now on the list for hotel quarantine as airlines were not playing by the rules.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Why should Portugal pay?
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

No surprises there.

As always, Britain's rogue government and its policies designed exclusively to secure the right media soundbites rather than for public health. That way they can play to the gallery and relax the lockdown in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand what you mean by, "Why should Portugal pay ?"
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

See the first post by welli never in this thread...

"..wonder if Portugal will offer to pay if it goes on for next 4 months???"
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

The UK government ought to be brought to account for what is happening there. And sort what is happening at the airports.
We need to return to the UK in the next couple of months. We would get off the ferry(in our car) and return home(without stopping). Now they want us to pay X amount to stay in some hotel at our expense(subsiding vacant hotel space) where we would be in contact with anybody and everyone having to eat food served by who knows who. Staff entering your room, perhaps infected. No exercise. We are safer at home where we will confine ourselves as we have done for the last 10 months bar our journey here. You must be allowed home. Just need a daily check to see you are there. I'd even wear an ankle gadget to check where I am, just like the prisoners we'd be, sitting in some dubious hotel.
As for Heathrow..... what are the staff there doing? Nothing by the look of it. The airport has responsibilities too. There should be fines if they are ignoring what is happening there. It doesn't take much organisation to keep people a short distance from each other surely.Just let them through in small groups not like a cattle stampede through the gates.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Staff entering your room, perhaps infected. No exercise. We are safer at home where we will confine ourselves as we have done for the last 10 months bar our journey here. You must be allowed home. I'd even wear an ankle gadget to check where I am, just like the prisoners we'd be, sitting in some dubious hotel.
Actually the staff leave your food outside your hotel room door. That’s the least of your problems, lack of exercise is absolute torture, as is the total confinement in a very small space. I think there will be serious repercussions to this when this wretched virus is eventually beaten as the mental effect on many people will be too bitch to bare. I was in home isolation and I thought it would be easy as I have a three storey house and a roof garden. But it was torture. I had to wear a tracking bracelet and every two or three days I would get a phone call to confirm I was home. This was miles better than expensive hotel confinement, which will doubtless drive some people to end it all. And to make matters worse the useless HK government extended the hotel quarantine from two weeks to three weeks. Most people are convinced they only brought this in to help the hotel industry, which had tens of thousands of empty rooms
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toots sweet
The UK government ought to be brought to account for what is happening there. And sort what is happening at the airports.
We need to return to the UK in the next couple of months. We would get off the ferry(in our car) and return home(without stopping). Now they want us to pay X amount to stay in some hotel at our expense(subsiding vacant hotel space) where we would be in contact with anybody and everyone having to eat food served by who knows who. Staff entering your room, perhaps infected. No exercise. We are safer at home where we will confine ourselves as we have done for the last 10 months bar our journey here. You must be allowed home. Just need a daily check to see you are there. I'd even wear an ankle gadget to check where I am, just like the prisoners we'd be, sitting in some dubious hotel.
As for Heathrow..... what are the staff there doing? Nothing by the look of it. The airport has responsibilities too. There should be fines if they are ignoring what is happening there. It doesn't take much organisation to keep people a short distance from each other surely.Just let them through in small groups not like a cattle stampede through the gates.
The current UK government is a rogue government.

Cynical government by scam, motivated entirely by the desire for good headlines in the tame Press and with zero concern for public health. No doubt they think coming down hard at the borders will enable them to relax the lockdown in UK too soon and win some cheap good press.

What can we expect?

Last edited by suiko; Jan 26th 2021 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suiko
The current UK government is a rogue government.

Cynical government by scam, motivated entirely by the desire for good headlines in the tame Press and with zero concern for public health. No doubt they think coming down hard at the borders will enable them to relax the lockdown in UK too soon and win some cheap good press.

What can we expect?
Spot on.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

tom99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats definatley torn it pt is the only country in the eu on the hit list
Old Jan 27th 2021, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71
Spot on.
Originally Posted by tom99
Thats definatley torn it pt is the only country in the eu on the hit list
I think it's the Brazilian connection (the people not the "intimate hairdo" 😀
Old Jan 27th 2021, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely the Brazilian connection, this was made clear by our dreadful government here in the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely the Brazilian link. This was our experience: We got back from Portugal (Faro to Bristol) on the 10th of January. Drove home to Wales and self isolated for 10 days. On the evening of day 10, we received a call from Public Health Wales saying that they understand we are back from Portugal and that we could get a Covid 19 test on day 7, we explained, we were already on Day 10. The lady then said she thinks that PHW might want us tested and that she'd speak to her supervisor and call us back. Half an hour later, she rings back and says her supervisor has referred it up to the 'Director' of PHW and could we please isolate until we are called back the next morning. I said fine. The next morning we get another call saying they definitely want us tested, which I agreed to (not that I think I had much choice). This meant our isolation was to be extended until we received a 'negative result'. She asked if we could drive, which of course we can BUT my car's MOT had expired whilst we were in Portugal (flight cancellation & rebooking to blame) and Mr Shan's MOT had expired a few days into our self isolation, so, we couldn't take the cars for their MOT.... so they sent out a team to test us that afternoon. Results came 48 hours later: Negative. Apparently, they were testing us because of the presence of the Brazilian variety and Brazil's links to Portugal. I would have thought they would have been better off testing for antibodies to see if we had had it. Through the whole debacle we both stated we were both in good health with no symptoms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.