Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 13th 2017, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

BEVS

Can you not get a better deal by using satellite internet?
Old May 13th 2017, 10:19 am
Just Joined

SteveBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
just looked again at robs satellite etc Watch UK TV channels – Rob's Satellite TV
and as of today its members only and you have to pay
also just checked another recommended http://watchbritishtv.com - tries to force you to buy a vpn - and if you do it simply routes you to iplayer etc - no longer free live tv
seems the formerly free people have decided to cash in on the demise of free filmon
I have just recently re-configured a couple of Kodi boxes to use an alternative to FilmOn for the main terrestrial channels. I found and add-on called BAMF that will give you a lot of UK and US channels. The quality is better than FilmOn which streams and 520 resolution (free FilmOn was 480) and so far it's been OK. I don't particularly watch much telly but left my wife catching up on Coronation Str on ITV2. Also tvcatchup will give you some channels but not as many, and it can be added to the Kodi platform.
Old May 13th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

I have subscribed to Vpn1click $9.99 a year and the channels are all working again.
Old May 13th 2017, 9:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mfesharne
BEVS

Can you not get a better deal by using satellite internet?
This had never occurred to me . I will investigate and if possible give it a go.

It is tied in with our phone line but nothing else. I would also need to check if we would have to queue to get our place at the 'exchange' back.
Old May 13th 2017, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Latency (ping) on satellite internet is normally poor.
Also data caps are low.
Old May 14th 2017, 11:42 am
Just Joined

depper is an unknown quantity at this point

So much misinformation in this thread. Props to macliam and carvoeiro for using common sense and fact in this wonderful new world of "fake news". EMR, please stop reading the Daily Express, The Star and The Daily Mail, and actually research the law. Pretty much everything you've said in this thread is wrong.
Old May 14th 2017, 2:43 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by depper
So much misinformation in this thread. Props to macliam and carvoeiro for using common sense and fact in this wonderful new world of "fake news". EMR, please stop reading the Daily Express, The Star and The Daily Mail, and actually research the law. Pretty much everything you've said in this thread is wrong.
Thanks for the support .... although EMR did prophesy it becoming more difficult to get free access - and that's turned out to be true, not because of any fabled laws but because people are always out for a quick buck.

Don't overlook the good bits - the link to Feliztech is a good example.

Last edited by macliam; May 14th 2017 at 2:46 pm.
Old May 14th 2017, 5:10 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Thanks for the support .... although EMR did prophesy it becoming more difficult to get free access - and that's turned out to be true, not because of any fabled laws but because people are always out for a quick buck.

Don't overlook the good bits - the link to Feliztech is a good example.
So said those who claimed that freesat would not end across much of Europe and it did.
Watch your Corrie for free while you can.
Old May 14th 2017, 6:25 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
So said those who claimed that freesat would not end across much of Europe and it did.
Watch your Corrie for free while you can.
That was not done to cut off Europe, but because the new satellite has a closer focus on the home zone. Your continuous conflation of satellite, IPTV and streaming either comes from ignorance or is deliberately misleading.

Have you heard the expression "schadenfreude"? - because there's something very worrying about you continual tidings of doom. The predictions you make are either baseless, or arise from a total misconception of what you claim to be speaking about - as in your assertion that kodi is a brand. You seem pleased to misinform and tell people that the end of the world is nigh - but like with those guys with the sandwich boards who used to stand on Hyde Park corner, nobody's really listening......

Then again, could this be connected with your "associate" who was looking to expand his IT,CCTV and IPTV business in the Algarve? ..... after all, you seemed happy to use camposat back in 2016.

Last edited by macliam; May 14th 2017 at 6:32 pm.
Old May 15th 2017, 8:25 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Netflix has rolled out a new patch which is blocking access on certain boxes including some using Kodi.
Old May 15th 2017, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Good grief. Where are you getting your information? If you're going to make sweeping statements, at least provide the correct details.

Netflix has upgraded its app in the Google Play Store - it hasn't "rolled out a new patch". The new version will only install or update on Google-certified devices, ie: those which haven't been rooted or unlocked.

Whilst some Android TV or smartphone devices (which you refer to as "some using Kodi") may be affected, this only applies to users attempting to install (or upgrade to) the new version of Netflix from the Play Store.

The app itself works as normal and is not blocking any access - it's simply the download process from the Play Store which is blocked. The version 5.0 Netflix app (the one in question) is available from plenty of other places than just the Play Store.
In addition, current users of the Android Netflix app who are using rooted or unlocked devices are also unaffected - the app simply won't automatically update from the Play Store. Previous versions of the app (back to 4.0) work as expected.

Whether the user has Kodi installed on their device or not has nothing to do with this. The Kodi app and the Netflix app are entirely separate and are not connected in any way.

Your sweeping statement implies that Netflix is blocking access to some Kodi users. This is simply not true, as are most of the other posts you've made in this thread.

Please stop.
Old May 15th 2017, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now using Tvcatchup on both my PC and Android tablet. works well on both of them without a VPN! I'll take it while it lasts! Has all the UK channels I want.
Old May 15th 2017, 10:23 am
EMR
Banned

Good grief. Where are you getting your information? If you're going to make sweeping statements, at least provide the correct details.

Netflix has upgraded its app in the Google Play Store - it hasn't "rolled out a new patch". The new version will only install or update on Google-certified devices, ie: those which haven't been rooted or unlocked.

Whilst some Android TV or smartphone devices (which you refer to as "some using Kodi") may be affected, this only applies to users attempting to install (or upgrade to) the new version of Netflix from the Play Store.

The app itself works as normal and is not blocking any access - it's simply the download process from the Play Store which is blocked. The version 5.0 Netflix app (the one in question) is available from plenty of other places than just the Play Store.
In addition, current users of the Android Netflix app who are using rooted or unlocked devices are also unaffected - the app simply won't automatically update from the Play Store. Previous versions of the app (back to 4.0) work as expected.

Whether the user has Kodi installed on their device or not has nothing to do with this. The Kodi app and the Netflix app are entirely separate and are not connected in any way.

Your sweeping statement implies that Netflix is blocking access to some Kodi users. This is simply not true, as are most of the other posts you've made in this thread.

Please stop.
Do not tell me to stop, speak to the authorities who are embarking on a process to block unauthorised access to copywrite protected material.
New law just come into effect in the UK reinforci existing EU legislation.
There are too many in the Algarve in particular who are selling equipment with a sell by date based on software which the providers will be blocking one way or another.
It is just matter of time so enjoy it while you can.
Old May 15th 2017, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EMR
Do not tell me to stop, speak to the authorities who are embarking on a process to block unauthorised access to copywrite protected material.
New law just come into effect in the UK reinforci existing EU legislation.
There are too many in the Algarve in particular who are selling equipment with a sell by date based on software which the providers will be blocking one way or another.
It is just matter of time so enjoy it while you can.
What "new law"? I assume you're talking about the Digital Economy Bill which came into force in the UK at the beginning of May?

Have you read it? I hope so, because then perhaps you can answer a question for me...

Where in it does it mention anything about watching streamed content over the internet? It mentions communicating a copyrighted work with the public (ie: uploading and sharing), but it offers no method for dealing with users watching streamed content. Nothing. Anywhere. Period.

Perhaps you mean the "EU legislation"? Which exact legislation is that? Are you referring to the recent EU court ruling on 26 April, regarding the interpretation of Article 5(1) of (EU) Directive 2001/29?

If so, perhaps you'd like to have another read of the published ruling? Then perhaps you could remind yourself that it was a ruling in respect of a case in Holland, and the conclusion of the EU court was that “copyright-protected work obtained by streaming from a website” is not exempt from dutch law due to any EU Directive.

This does not mean that it is automatically applied to every country in the EU.

I agree with you about people selling "kodi boxes" and "fully loaded" boxes. They are ripping people off and the Kodi Foundation has rightfully distanced themselves from them.

I'm not particularly pro or anti piracy - each to their own.

What I am against is people going into forums and making sweeping statements without any facts to reinforce them. That's what I asked you to stop doing.
Old May 15th 2017, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

What "new law"? I assume you're talking about the Digital Economy Bill which came into force in the UK at the beginning of May?

Have you read it? I hope so, because then perhaps you can answer a question for me...

Where in it does it mention anything about watching streamed content over the internet? It mentions communicating a copyrighted work with the public (ie: uploading and sharing), but it offers no method for dealing with users watching streamed content. Nothing. Anywhere. Period.

Perhaps you mean the "EU legislation"? Which exact legislation is that? Are you referring to the recent EU court ruling on 26 April, regarding the interpretation of Article 5(1) of (EU) Directive 2001/29?

If so, perhaps you'd like to have another read of the published ruling? Then perhaps you could remind yourself that it was a ruling in respect of a case in Holland, and the conclusion of the EU court was that “copyright-protected work obtained by streaming from a website” is not exempt from dutch law due to any EU Directive.

This does not mean that it is automatically applied to every country in the EU.

I agree with you about people selling "kodi boxes" and "fully loaded" boxes. They are ripping people off and the Kodi Foundation has rightfully distanced themselves from them.

I'm not particularly pro or anti piracy - each to their own.

What I am against is people going into forums and making sweeping statements without any facts to reinforce them. That's what I asked you to stop doing.

Although, if you look at it another way, if EMR had not posted imprecise information would you have posted a correction and the true facts?
In a way EMR has done us a service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.