Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 15th 2017, 5:37 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

Originally Posted by depper
What "new law"? I assume you're talking about the Digital Economy Bill which came into force in the UK at the beginning of May?

Have you read it? I hope so, because then perhaps you can answer a question for me...

Where in it does it mention anything about watching streamed content over the internet? It mentions communicating a copyrighted work with the public (ie: uploading and sharing), but it offers no method for dealing with users watching streamed content. Nothing. Anywhere. Period.

Perhaps you mean the "EU legislation"? Which exact legislation is that? Are you referring to the recent EU court ruling on 26 April, regarding the interpretation of Article 5(1) of (EU) Directive 2001/29?

If so, perhaps you'd like to have another read of the published ruling? Then perhaps you could remind yourself that it was a ruling in respect of a case in Holland, and the conclusion of the EU court was that “copyright-protected work obtained by streaming from a website” is not exempt from dutch law due to any EU Directive.

This does not mean that it is automatically applied to every country in the EU.

I agree with you about people selling "kodi boxes" and "fully loaded" boxes. They are ripping people off and the Kodi Foundation has rightfully distanced themselves from them.

I'm not particularly pro or anti piracy - each to their own.

What I am against is people going into forums and making sweeping statements without any facts to reinforce them. That's what I asked you to stop doing.
The legislation is not aimed at the consumer but those who steal another's copywrite and re broadcast it, ,those who provide the means ,the equipment that allows you to view it, .
Those looking to protect their copywrite now have legislation and case law to support their case against anyone guilty of streaming or providing the means for viewing their property without permission.

It has taken years to get to this point and may well take years before Free viewing of copywrite protected product ends.
Old May 15th 2017, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
The legislation is not aimed at the consumer but those who steal another's copywrite and re broadcast it, ,those who provide the means ,the equipment that allows you to view it, .
Those looking to protect their copywrite now have legislation and case law to support their case against anyone guilty of streaming or providing the means for viewing their property without permission.

It has taken years to get to this point and may well take years before Free viewing of copywrite protected product ends.

BTW - it is copyright (i.e. the right to copy) not copywrite which is something completely different.
Old May 15th 2017, 11:22 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
BTW - it is copyright (i.e. the right to copy) not copywrite which is something completely different.
I tried using the correct term in my replies, but I think mispelling copyright is the least of the errors.....
Old May 16th 2017, 6:04 am
Just Joined

depper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
They've always had this. That's what copyright law is.

What hasn't changed (yet, and probably for the foreseeable future) is any law or method (in the UK) that recognises and penalises end users for watching streamed content without sharing it.

It's also one thing having a law in place but a total different thing having the resources and inclination to implement it. Content piracy has been ongoing for hundreds of years, right back to copies of 'Old Masters' paintings, document plagiarism, home taping of music, software downloads, and now streaming content. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Old May 16th 2017, 8:14 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

What hasn't changed (yet, and probably for the foreseeable future) is any law or method (in the UK) that recognises and penalises end users for watching streamed content without sharing it.

It's also one thing having a law in place but a total different thing having the resources and inclination to implement it. Content piracy has been ongoing for hundreds of years, right back to copies of 'Old Masters' paintings, document plagiarism, home taping of music, software downloads, and now streaming content. Where there's a will, there's a way.
You're starting to sound like me!

Unfortunately, facts and logic have fallen foul to the rise of false news and disinformation

Now, I've lost count of the round number...
Old May 16th 2017, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
You're starting to sound like me!

Unfortunately, facts and logic have fallen foul to the rise of false news and disinformation

Now, I've lost count of the round number...
It's definitely your round & I'll have a large whisky please.
Old May 16th 2017, 8:36 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat as you seem not to understand the legislation is not aimed at the viewer but the provider of stolen signals and content.
These are companies not individuals and therefore much easier to take action against as recent events in the UK have proved .
Old May 16th 2017, 9:21 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by mfesharne
It's definitely your round & I'll have a large whisky please.
That'll be WhiskEy, Uisce not Uisge! No johnny-come-lately's here!!

Sláinte is táinte! An rud nach leigheasann im ná uisce beatha níl aon leigheas air....
Old May 16th 2017, 9:40 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by EMR
I repeat as you seem not to understand the legislation is not aimed at the viewer but the provider of stolen signals and content.
These are companies not individuals and therefore much easier to take action against as recent events in the UK have proved .
Therefore, as long as there are providers who exist outside those countries which take action, the end-user will continue to have access to content and the end-user is unlikely to be pursued for watching. So your contributions to a thread which was speaking about access to UK TV by users in Portugal is irrelevant.

There is also a MAJOR difference between "pirated" content, which may never have been made available without payment, and content which is, or was at any time, "free to air" in any country. Even were copyright claims to be pursued, it will be for that content (e.g. live sport) where there is considerable revenue at stake - and that has been the only focus to date. This does not apply to terrestrial TV viewed outside its target region, so again your contribution is irrelevant.

Apart from taking some strange pleasure in posting your portents of doom, what is the point of your comments?
Old May 16th 2017, 10:22 am
Just Joined

SteveBo is an unknown quantity at this point

"It's also one thing having a law in place but a total different thing having the resources and inclination to implement it."
The only way to stop illegal streaming is not through legislation but with Internet restrictions and the blocking of certain sites. What governments would love to do is to implement an access to the Internet through something like Facebook where you would have to identify yourself before you can use the Internet. This is already being planned it's called Web 2.0.

"There are too many in the Algarve in particular who are selling equipment..."
EMR which equipment are you referring to? Android boxes, tablets, laptops/computers android phones??? all of these can run Kodi which can be configured and reconfigured to link to streaming sites. People are selling the equipment because there's a demand for it.
Old May 16th 2017, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
That'll be WhiskEy, Uisce not Uisge! No johnny-come-lately's here!!

Sláinte is táinte! An rud nach leigheasann im ná uisce beatha níl aon leigheas air....
Nooooo...... none of that Paddy stuff for me......... I'll have a nice Islay malt WHISKY please?

Actually, truth be told, although Irish whiskey is very different it's still very drinkable..... but wherever it comes from, no ice please.
Old May 16th 2017, 12:13 pm
Resident Cynic

Nooooo...... none of that Paddy stuff for me......... I'll have a nice Islay malt WHISKY please?

Actually, truth be told, although Irish whiskey is very different it's still very drinkable..... but wherever it comes from, no ice please.
Pure pot still beats the rest, but expensive. My tipple at home was Crested ten, my tipple abroad is Tullamore Dew, but at Christmas I bought a bottle of single-malt Irish at Aldi(!) called Dyflin ..... very different.
Old May 16th 2017, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know Tullamore Dew & it's a fabulous drink but have never even heard of Crested Ten....... but will keep an eye out for it in the unlikely event I'll find it here.

I used to love the smoky Islay malts but rarely drink it now that I'm diabetic..... but the good news is my doc says vinho tinto is good for me.
Old May 16th 2017, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting back on subject....... It's really no more right/wrong to watch kodi or mobdro than it is to watch IPTV, use a UK Sky decoder or watch Iplayer through an IP shield because the same basic things apply or don't........... and let's face it, Portuguese TV even if you speak the language fluently is about as entertaining as a slap in the face with a dead fish.

It's a personal choice. If you choose to view then do & if you don't......... go to the fish market.
Old May 16th 2017, 12:59 pm
EMR
Banned

Getting back on subject....... It's really no more right/wrong to watch kodi or mobdro than it is to watch IPTV, use a UK Sky decoder or watch Iplayer through an IP shield because the same basic things apply or don't........... and let's face it, Portuguese TV even if you speak the language fluently is about as entertaining as a slap in the face with a dead fish.

It's a personal choice. If you choose to view then do & if you don't......... go to the fish market.

I am watching Portuguese cable TV, over 100 channels , a good number, the same as you would get watching Sky back in the UK or on the Freesat platform..

But then I am prepared to pay for my TV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.