British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   ISIS/NAZI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/isis-nazi-867979/)

macliam Mar 22nd 2016 12:38 am

Re: ISIS/NAZI

This morning's attacks in Brussels will ramp up security concerns anywhere in the Schengen zone. Suicide attacks in the public areas of airports and on the metro show the impossibility of guarding against such acts, without making life impossible for everyone.

No doubt the anti-Islamic, anti-migrant, rhetoric will increase too. However, an interesting point was made in the news coverage that planned attacks in the UK had been foiled thanks to information provided by the Muslim community - whereas no such cooperation existed in Belgium. So, the bottom line seems to be, alienate the whole community at your peril.

Ingles Mar 22nd 2016 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 11902535)
This morning's attacks in Brussels will ramp up security concerns anywhere in the Schengen zone. Suicide attacks in the public areas of airports and on the metro show the impossibility of guarding against such acts, without making life impossible for everyone.

No doubt the anti-Islamic, anti-migrant, rhetoric will increase too. However, an interesting point was made in the news coverage that planned attacks in the UK had been foiled thanks to information provided by the Muslim community - whereas no such cooperation existed in Belgium. So, the bottom line seems to be, alienate the whole community at your peril.

Sorry "macliam" but dear ole Donald don't agree with you !

Video: Donald Trump: British Muslims aren't reporting terror suspects - Telegraph

macliam Mar 23rd 2016 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 11903473)
Sorry "macliam" but dear ole Donald don't agree with you !

Video: Donald Trump: British Muslims aren't reporting terror suspects - Telegraph

That would hardly be the first (or last) time. ;)

Presumably that'll be in the parts of England where he says the Police don't dare set foot - like Birmingham!!

Generally I try to speak with my mouth, whereas he can't get his foot out of it long enough to do so - and therefore has to speak from another orifice. :sneaky:

Ingles Mar 23rd 2016 6:16 am

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 11903774)

Presumably that'll be in the parts of England where he says the Police don't dare set foot - like Birmingham!!

Generally I try to speak with my mouth, whereas he can't get his foot out of it long enough to do so - and therefore has to speak from another orifice. :sneaky:

:rofl:

GeniB Mar 23rd 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 11903774)

With a name like Donald Drumpf (real name) what can you expect .Kinda got a ring to it hasn't it. Like a cracked bell :o

Ingles Jun 27th 2016 2:38 am

On July 6 & after 7 year's ,the inquiry lead Sir John Chilcot will finally release there report into the War against Iraq.

It seems EX PM Tony Blair is "heavily criticised" in it. :thumbsup:

Ingles Jul 6th 2016 9:41 pm

After yesterdays release off the Chilcot Report , this reaction was not unexpected !

Impeach and Prosecute Tony Blair Now

mfesharne Jul 6th 2016 10:28 pm

I'd love to see Bliar, Straw, Campbell, Brown & several others face trial but I'll bet it never happens....... except perhaps a private prosecution of Bliar by the families which he'll probably get away with.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong on that though.

Gordon Barlow Jul 7th 2016 4:31 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11904002)
With a name like Donald Drumpf (real name) what can you expect .Kinda got a ring to it hasn't it. Like a cracked bell :o

I don't think we should hold people's foreign ancestral names against them. Maybe Drumpf sounds funny in German, maybe it doesn't. Sometimes, the most ordinary British names produce the most vicious of criminals - Blair, Clinton, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld... oh, the last one is German, too; I wonder if that sounds like a cracked bell.