British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   ISIS/NAZI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/isis-nazi-867979/)

Munsterfan Nov 14th 2015 5:53 am

ISIS/NAZI

ISIS must be stopped. What happened in Paris is horrifying! I know it's not simple or easy and YES, they have 'Lone Wolf' kamikaze soldiers and perhaps even 'sleeper cells' living next door to us. And YES, we might be stepping on someone else's sovereign territory to eliminate the militants and leaders in this terrible regime ....but what can we do RIGHT NOW? Not in 3-6-18-months from now, but now-now to stop these ruthless, well financed, clever terrorists?

Didn't the world look away when the Nazi's and Third Reich started killing?

I pray for the persons passed, injured and their heartbroken families.

Enough of these soft target massacres!

Ukkram Nov 14th 2015 6:45 am

Re: ISIS/NAZI

I don't think that ISIL is interested in PT as we do not have Halaal foods here and we mostly eat pork. They would die from hunger here.

I must add that what ISIL did remind me of Pearl Harbour. The Japs enticed war and got it. No diffs here at all. I think ISIL made a very grave mistake here and are even bragging about it.

Now they have the whole world to fight against. They cannot possibly survive the outcome of this atrocity. This will surely be the biggest mistake of their lives.

themajor Nov 14th 2015 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Ukkram (Post 11794221)
I don't think that ISIL is interested in PT as we do not have Halaal foods here and we mostly eat pork. They would die from hunger here.

I must add that what ISIL did remind me of Pearl Harbour. The Japs enticed war and got it. No diffs here at all. I think ISIL made a very grave mistake here and are even bragging about it.

Now they have the whole world to fight against. They cannot possibly survive the outcome of this atrocity. This will surely be the biggest mistake of their lives.

I hope that you are right. But they will not be stopped YET. They have sleepers all over the world. It is so easy for them and not easy for the innocent. It is in there blood they believe in what they are doing and think it is the best thing to do. We all know that they are EVIL COWARDS of the lowest order.

scot47 Nov 14th 2015 7:03 am

What do you propose ? Recolonisation of Mesopotomia ? You go first.

Ukkram Nov 14th 2015 7:06 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11794234)
What do you propose ? Recolonisation of Mesopotomia ? You go first.

I propose that PT only sells pork.

GeniB Nov 14th 2015 9:49 am

I would want to make a start by getting their religious leaders on every TV in the world telling these misbegotten youths (for they are mostly young men being used by the older smarter behind the scenes guys.) that no this is not a glorious thing to do,no they will not end up with the 21 (or whatever? ) virgins when they die for the cause,and yes it is against everything that the majority of muslims believe in. If it stops one crazy lunatic from joining the cause !!!

liveaboard Nov 14th 2015 10:13 am

I don't eat pork either,

2 types of people join them from the west; idiots and psychopaths.
Fortunately, the vast majority are idiots, which i why they so rarely succeed in their efforts at mass murder; unfortunately, sometimes the pyschos are in charge.

tootlewagon Nov 14th 2015 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Munsterfan (Post 11794183)
ISIS must be stopped. What happened in Paris is horrifying! I know it's not simple or easy and YES, they have 'Lone Wolf' kamikaze soldiers and perhaps even 'sleeper cells' living next door to us. And YES, we might be stepping on someone else's sovereign territory to eliminate the militants and leaders in this terrible regime ....but what can we do RIGHT NOW? Not in 3-6-18-months from now, but now-now to stop these ruthless, well financed, clever terrorists?

Didn't the world look away when the Nazi's and Third Reich started killing?

I pray for the persons passed, injured and their heartbroken families.

Enough of these soft target massacres!

Interesting that you make the connection between IS and the Nazis. Take a look at this scene from 75 years ago, and ask yourself if anything has actually changed??

Munsterfan Nov 14th 2015 9:48 pm

hmmmmmmm

Ingles Nov 14th 2015 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ukkram (Post 11794221)

There are a peaceful community off Muslims , they are based in Lisboa so there fore there is a supply chain off Halaal Food

“Os muçulmanos estão mais tristes do que toda a gente com o terrorismo”

Munsterfan Nov 14th 2015 10:09 pm

Yes Ingles most Muslims communities are filled with a peaceful and generous people .

mags-eddie Nov 14th 2015 11:10 pm

It was reported to us yesterday by a French friend who lives near Cannes that the african muslims came out in the streets celebrating and dancing when news of the bombings came through. Much the same way they did when 911 happened.
Interesting what Ukkram says about the Pearl Harbor analogy, the Syrians and Iranians have always been hankering after a third world perhaps this is their way of generating one.
Good idea about the pork. Starve the bug++++ out.

Ukkram Nov 14th 2015 11:16 pm

I have not yet seen a single one up here in the north. I grew up in Cape Town and had many Muslim friends. Peaceful and proud South Africans. One of my Muslim pals had a nickname of "Pork Chop" or "Porky" for short.

themajor Nov 15th 2015 12:25 am

Not all Muslims are terrorist BUT all terrorists ARE MUSLIMS.

tootlewagon Nov 15th 2015 1:50 am

Originally Posted by themajor (Post 11794641)

Really!! - what about the IRA, and ETA, and Bader-Meinhof, etc,etc,etc...

Gordon Barlow Nov 15th 2015 1:57 am

Originally Posted by themajor (Post 11794641)

Come on, man. It's all a matter of perspective. To villagers in the Middle East, NATO drone-pilots are terrorists; to Palestinians, Israeli settlers and soldiers are terrorists. All terrorists are NOT Muslims. It's just repeating blatant propaganda to assert that - much of it (the propaganda) generated by the western organisations (CIA, MI6, Mossad) that train and arm the ISIS thugs.

themajor Nov 15th 2015 2:14 am

Originally Posted by tootlewagon (Post 11794671)
Really!! - what about the IRA, and ETA, and Bader-Meinhof, etc,etc,etc...

As well as many many more as I came across in Malaya and Borneo.

However I am referring to the recent terrorist attacks.

Ingles Nov 15th 2015 3:32 am

:goodpost:

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow (Post 11794673)
Come on, man. It's all a matter of perspective. To villagers in the Middle East, NATO drone-pilots are terrorists; to Palestinians, Israeli settlers and soldiers are terrorists. All terrorists are NOT Muslims. It's just repeating blatant propaganda to assert that - much of it (the propaganda) generated by the western organisations (CIA, MI6, Mossad) that train and arm the ISIS thugs.

Ingles Nov 15th 2015 4:01 am

I personally think that Bush - Cheney & Rumsfeld should also be labelled as Terrorist !

Bush instructed Colin Powell to give a report to the UN on the intelligence that "various" USA agencies had so called collected on Iraq.
He did so on Feb 6 2003.

It's all history now , but a great part off the "certified" intelligence turned out to be a fabrication, if not down right lies.

12 Years , and there is no end in sight off the repercussions !

Again personally, why nobody thought to brings charges against the 3 bastard's above thru the ICC the Hague on War Crimes , I still find baffling

My old signature was
"War is always the choice of the chosen - Who wont have to fight"

mfesharne Nov 15th 2015 4:11 am

Don't forget to add Bliar, Brown, Campbell & the rest of the treasonous filth to that list.

If I had my way, the whole lot of 'em would hang for treason, genocide & waging illegal war.

To say nothing of the utter disgrace of the Chilcot report or rather the lack of it!

Those bast**ds cost us the lives, limbs & minds of many of our finest & not only got away scot free with it, they profited immensely!

GeniB Nov 15th 2015 4:34 am

680,000 + Iraqi's dead- 230.000+ Syrians dead Anyone looked at the labels on the bomb casings? who made them? who sold them? who dropped them? WHO has made a fortune out of this 'war on terrorism'. When we wake up and realise that WE are in the same boat as those above , and those poor people in Paris. When we realise that WE are just the collateral damage for those in power. Then maybe the fog will clear and we will see who the real villains are here

gedscottish Nov 15th 2015 9:42 am

GeniB and mfesharne both spot on yet would be slated as conspiracy theorists but the majority unfortunately! I wrote the other day on my Facebook that this whole mess was intentionally created by western governments yet I was accused of making excuses for ISIS by so called educated people, unbelievable that people actually swallow the shite they read in the establishment press!

Munsterfan Nov 15th 2015 6:52 pm

Just a thought, not a position statement for a vitriolic argument; just a thought.....................
It seems to me that 'war' embraces a historical pattern occurring since the 'dawn of man', that war and violent conflict (with all its related incomes IE armaments, jobs etc.) is always created to bolster national economies during times of fiscal crises. There are many well written books on this subject. Most of these discussions don't target petty heads-of-state but focus on how and why our civilization generates and endorses this specific solution to economic insecurity over and over throughout the millennia. This pattern of societal behaviour has really nothing to do with the men/women at the helm of same-said governments (whom in many cases we voted into power) pandering to their constituents; but focuses more so on the predictable cyclical pattern of how WE fund our societies.
Personally, I think it's trite rhetoric to lay blame on individuals albeit that they are the vulgar instruments who translate our lust to maintain a certain level of 'lifestyle' at any cost. And, unfortunately, often at the expense of the arms and legs of our own people these 'leaders' enrich themselves along the way with personal power and wealth. Yes, there may even be indictable criminals amongst the bunch; but this is a much broader more complex issue then crowing for the heads of Blair, Bush, etc. Perhaps we need a clear and co-ordinated global paradigm shift on how we solve our money problems?
Just a thought..................

GeniB Nov 15th 2015 9:06 pm

It's a logical 'thought' Munster but I dispute the idea that 'in many cases we voted them into power' Some of us did.Those that did I am virtually certain would not have done if way down the list of the manifesto it had said 'Oh and by the way wage war on innocent people abroad who don't have our religious beliefs and incidentally will boost our national GDP' The biggest problem for our democracies is that in fact we don't have them. Our powers as individual voters has been decreased and abused over time so that we now rubber stamp only the very basic ideas of democracy. Conservatives V Labour. Democrats V Republicans .That much we are allowed. Once in power our 'leaders' pull out the real agenda's and we are left gasping at the stuff they pull on us. Maggie with the Falklands. Bush/Blair with Iraq. I'm sorry but I can't agree it's not 'trite rhetoric' to blame the individuals They ARE the ones that put the idea's forward,that sign the papers,that pull the triggers- in our name!

Ingles Nov 15th 2015 9:26 pm

Closer to home than anybody thought !

Terrorista do Bataclan era filho de mãe portuguesa - Mundo - Correio da Manhã

Munsterfan Nov 15th 2015 10:44 pm

GeniB, but we all know exactly what the greater agenda of our politicians really is when we vote them in. Noone with an IQ above a fencepost believes their campaign rhetoric. Really now, after hundreds of years of participating in this process we claim ignorance, really?? Hmmmm,.....aaaaanyway no matter, this is just the circle of life and once in a great while a group of people can effect positive change with universal ripples...THIS we can celebrate or even initiate.

GeniB Nov 16th 2015 12:57 am

No I don't say we claim ignorance! We trust! It's all we can do. It's tragic for us that it is so often misplaced.
i think your right in assuming that most know it's between the devil and the deep blue.Thats why people are shunning the polling booths in droves.What does that do for us? We end up being labelled and categorised as having the same opinion as our democratically chosen leaders.

Just read a succinct article by Simon Kuyper who said it all. He found himself in a car with the ex finance minister of Greece Yanis Varoufakis discussing recent issues in the EU. When he asked the minister about Portugal's 'case' He said they had discussed it without any notes on the table.Nada.He said a lot of it goes on the pre- conceived ideas of a country-not actual facts.Stereotype thinking prevails. e.g. Most people have been led to believe that it is the Greek PEOPLE who have been profligate with the EU's money! Leading many to condemn them out of hand.The fact that it was the Banks who were reckless ( principle amongst being the German Banks) goes by the board.
Kuper also had lunch with the Italian Mario Monti (another economics professor in Brussels) and asked him if this was true.Monti recalled being introduced as a European commissioner in 1994.He went to meet the commissions president-in.waiting Jacques Santer.Afterwards Santer phoned Berlusconi and said 'Prof Monti is very good, and he doesn't even look Italian'!!!Monti speaks accentless English so became the 'go to person, but even he couldn't escape the Austrians. Austrian finance minister Maria Fekter told him 'we are fed up with paying for Italy' This was and still is Northern Europes (and USA's judging by Pulaski's recent post) standard complaint. about southern countries.In Italy's case it was just not true. Italy did not owe a single euro to foreign entities. Virtually all it's creditors were Italian.
Stereotypes are so handy though,real timesavers as the US satirical magazine Onion said.Stop us all having to do any real homework.

Munsterfan Nov 16th 2015 6:15 am

Interesting read GeniB....very. Thanks bunches

Ingles Nov 17th 2015 2:32 am

Comments please

Anonymous to ISIS: 'We will hunt you down' (VIDEO)

ISI spreads it's "Ideology" using technology, this could certainly help to so called "degrade" them

GeniB Nov 17th 2015 7:59 pm

It's certainly a start! It must be possible for all the internet sites to 'police' who uses them (re- the CIA being able to monitor our ordinary emails.) Begs the question of why this hasn't happened sooner?

GeniB Nov 18th 2015 12:46 am

And this says it all- A letter written by the husband of a 30 yr old victim of Fridays massacre in Paris. She was a young wife and mother of a 17 month old son

On Friday night you stole the life of an exceptional being,the love of my life,the mother of my son,but you won't have my hatred
I don't know who you are and I don't want to know -you are dead souls.If this god for which you kill indiscriminately make us in his own image,every bullet in the body of my wife will have been a wound to his heart.
So no ,I don't give you the gift of hating you, you are asking for it but responding to hatred with anger would be giving in to the same ignorance that made you what you are.
You want me to be afraid,to view my fellow countrymen with mistrust,to sacrifice my freedom for security.-You have lost
I saw her this morning. Finally after many nights and days of waiting .She was just as beautiful as when she left on friday night, just as beautiful as when I fell hopelessly in love over 12 yrs ago
Of course I am devastated with grief ,I admit this small victory ,but it will be short -lived .I know she will accompany us every day and that we will find ourselves in this paradise of free souls to which you will never have access
We are two,my son and I ,but we are stronger than all the armies of the world. I don't have any more time to devote to you.I have to join Melvil who is waking up from his nap. He is barely 17 months old.He will eat his meals as usual,and then we are going to play as usual ,and for his whole life this little boy will threaten you by being happy and free.Because no, you will not have his hatred either

Munsterfan Nov 18th 2015 1:10 am

Jesus.....crying I am....what an amazing person.............

Jessel Nov 18th 2015 4:46 am

I choke when I hear someone say we will defeat or
contain these Islamic terrorists in a few years or even 30 years as recently
stated by Leon Panetta.

If the latest batch of murders, beheadings, and killing of innocent
Christians has shocked you, maybe you should read this compilation of
historical facts about the hatred of Muslims.

WE, the stupid . . .
This is all factually (and historically) correct - and verifiable:

In 732 AD the Muslim Army which was moving on Paris was defeated and turned
back at Tours , France , by Charles Martell.

In 1571 AD the Muslim Army/ Navy was defeated by the Italians and Austrians
as they tried to cross the Mediterranean to attack southern Europe in the
Battle of Lapanto.

In 1683 AD the Turkish Muslim Army, attacking Eastern Europe, was finally
defeated in the Battle of Vienna by German and Polish Christian Armies.

...this crap has been going on for 1,400 years and most politicians don't
even know it.

If these battles had not been won we might be speaking Arabic, and
Christianity could be non-existent; Judaism certainly would be.

And let us not forget that Hitler was an admirer of Islam, and that the
Mufti of Jerusalem was Hitler's guest in Berlin and raised Bosnian Muslim SS
Divisions: the 13th and 21st Waffen SS Divisions who killed Jews, Russians,
Gypsies, and any other "subhumans".

Pause a moment, reflect back. These events are actual events from history.
They really happened! Do you remember?

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim
male.

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped
and massacred by Muslim males.

3. In 1972 a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted
to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach. It was blown up shortly
after landing by Muslim males.

4. In 1973 a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome , with 33
people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.

5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim
males.

6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in
Lebanon by Muslim males.

7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by
Muslim males.

8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70
year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his
wheelchair by Muslim males.

9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US
Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.

10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.

11. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim
males.

12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim
males.

13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to
take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into
the US Pentagon. The other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.

14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim
males.

15. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by---you
guessed it---it was a Muslim male. (plus two other American journalists were
just beheaded)

16. In 2013, Boston Marathon Bombing 4 Innocent people including a child
killed, 264 injured by Muslim males.

17. 2015, 224 murdered when their Russian Airliner blown to pieces over Egypt

18. 2015, 129 + murdered in Paris...............

The worst has yet to come!

Ukkram Nov 18th 2015 4:59 am

Wow. A well written and heart rendering letter. I have always thought that I am a tough man's man but I have tears in my eyes.

That said. The world has united against ISIS and even the big bad boys of hackers known as Anonymous stated:
Anonymous will launch the largest ever operation against the Islamic state. It will be called Ctr + Alt-Del.
They will destroy all the internet recruitment sites and funding.

mfesharne Nov 18th 2015 5:37 am

Hope I'm wrong but I've got my doubts the west will do any significant damage to IS in Syria or anywhere else & even if they do, that doesn't even begin to address the situation in our home countries where I have no doubt whatsoever there are many IS supporters waiting to do us further damage.

My politics are pretty much right wing but I have no more faith in Cameron than I had in Bliar & the rest of his treasonous mob.

I reckon Cameron will try (& probably succeed) in twisting the vote on attacking IS to attacking IS AND Assad & as I see it, Assad is the only stabilising influence in the region.

On a slightly different note, it's often claimed the UK Muslims are outbreeding the white/Anglo Saxon/Christian population to a significant degree and if that's correct, the UK will have a Muslim majority within a couple of decades at most (probably sooner with the way immigration is going) and then they can elect whatever govt they wish which will result in the Islamic Republic of Great Britain etc.

In which case they won't need jihad. :(

GeniB Nov 18th 2015 8:11 pm

I am guessing the 'majority ' of muslims like the majority of so called christians in the UK are just peaceful people going about their daily lives not giving too much thought to religion until they get confronted with the extremists.This 'hype' all smacks so much like the talk surrounding jews in the late 1930's. Jessel has quoted a whole string of (alleged?) attacks by (alleged) muslims. I guess someone can come back with counter claims from christians right back before the Crusades. The only thing we get from that is more incitement to hatred and maybe an insight into the thinking of one Catholic pope?

I don't see how the bombing of an entire country is justified EVER.It's amazing how quickly Cameron was 'ready' after last Fridays atrocities to go and do just that. Again I draw the comparison between similar atrocities in the UK during the Irish conflict,never a question of bombing Ireland (yet it was also a religious conflict) That we agreed to go with Bush and bomb Iraq ,given everything we have learn't during our long experience of wars should go down as the blackest day in our history.Our innocent citizens are now paying the price

liveaboard Nov 18th 2015 9:02 pm

Quite right; I'd agree with killing everyone who willingly refers to themselves as a member of IS [or boko haram], but that's not possible.
instead, bombs and missiles will randomly kill people and destroy infrastructure.
Even if troops were sent in, they could kill people but there is no way for them to know which ones to target.
A long term occupying force might be required, but that will be even worse in practice.
This is not a simple problem.

Ingles Nov 18th 2015 9:19 pm

I do think this is possible glimmer of hope on the horizon.
But only time will tell

British Muslims send message to ISIS and the world—and it's spot on

As the years go by,one can only think off John Lennon as a visionary

https://playingforchange.com/episodes/imagine/

Munsterfan Nov 18th 2015 9:23 pm

Ah just a quick note GeniB on the Irish resistance movement; it wasn't really a 'religious based conflict' although it 'seemed' like it was and it most certainly was depicted as that by the world media. It was much more about commerce and (the right for the indigenous population (Catholics) to be allowed to hold good jobs especially in the docks, the ownership of the land, the right to self-determination and such things but most of all it was about resisting the oppressors and repatriating and bringing the 6-counties back home. Most of the island's citizens were/are 'Catholics' before the mass British sponsored migration of British peoples and most of the UK were/are Protestants and as such the resistance was lazily translated, by both Irish and British, as a religious war. BUUUUUUUUT "Whoa There Nelly"
I'm putting a big, fat bullseye on my forehead writing this opinionated stuff here....
and I KNOW EMR is already loading his musket!
So I return to the OP's (moi) subject at hand: how to stop the ISIL ideology from being so attractive to the poor disenfranchised communities of young unemployed Muslim immigrants living in large western cities and discuss viable ways to stop the killing of innocent people by passionate religious radicals.

Fredbargate Nov 18th 2015 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Munsterfan (Post 11797796)
and I KNOW EMR is already loading his musket!

The mods have dampened his powder :thumbsup: