here we come

Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:40 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: here we come

Originally Posted by Titleist
so what is a must to pack, and what is defo no no's
Speaking as a girlie..ehem.
I brought shedloads of handbags,shoes blah blah...I think I've used 2 handbags whilst I've been here.I can rarely wear high heels 'cos of the calçada everywhere.My wardrobe is full of stuff I've never worn.But that depends on what your life is gonna be like over here.I don't go anywhere 'posh'..no need to dress up like I used to in Uk..it's nearly always jeans and flat boots for winter,little skirts and flip flops for Summer.
Having said that,clothes here are DIRE,and expensive...so you need to bring plenty of what you think you will wear.

I didn't bring nearly enough warm clothing with me...big regret!

I'm sure I've said before,bring all small leccy appliances...toasters,kettles,steamers etc...they are a horrendous price over here.(Although they are getting better,in some supermarket chains...but I've seen kettles for 60 quid )
I also brought my slow cooker..pleased I did,I've never seen one here.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Speaking as a girlie..ehem.
I brought shedloads of handbags,shoes blah blah...I think I've used 2 handbags whilst I've been here.I can rarely wear high heels 'cos of the calçada everywhere.My wardrobe is full of stuff I've never worn.But that depends on what your life is gonna be like over here.I don't go anywhere 'posh'..no need to dress up like I used to in Uk..it's nearly always jeans and flat boots for winter,little skirts and flip flops for Summer.
Having said that,clothes here are DIRE,and expensive...so you need to bring plenty of what you think you will wear.

I didn't bring nearly enough warm clothing with me...big regret!

I'm sure I've said before,bring all small leccy appliances...toasters,kettles,steamers etc...they are a horrendous price over here.(Although they are getting better,in some supermarket chains...but I've seen kettles for 60 quid )
I also brought my slow cooker..pleased I did,I've never seen one here.
most of the small appliances with be with us in the caravanbut I might invest in a slow cooker before we leave.
I am trying to sort through my handbags.
I am trying to decide if it would be better to buy some of the furniture, out there, we have been quoted £2500 to have it stored and shipped, and that is bare bones, sofa, dresserx2 ,2 beds, 6 dinning chairs 30 boxes and a few other bits and bobs, any thoughts welcome
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:17 pm

most of the small appliances with be with us in the caravanbut I might invest in a slow cooker before we leave.
I am trying to sort through my handbags.
I am trying to decide if it would be better to buy some of the furniture, out there, we have been quoted £2500 to have it stored and shipped, and that is bare bones, sofa, dresserx2 ,2 beds, 6 dinning chairs 30 boxes and a few other bits and bobs, any thoughts welcome
Go on the Moviflor website (Not recommending...just to give you an idea)
At least you will be able to see prices of stuff and compare replacing what you have already.

http://www.moviflor.pt/
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

so what is a must to pack, and what is defo no no's
Never thought I would need all my winter woolies, warm coats, scarfs etc and I sure do
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Go on the Moviflor website (Not recommending...just to give you an idea)
At least you will be able to see prices of stuff and compare replacing what you have already.

http://www.moviflor.pt/
typical, there sale finishes the day we sail.
or do they always have sales
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:58 pm

typical, there sale finishes the day we sail.
or do they always have sales
About as often as DFS
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:10 pm
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute

If my cooker goes slow I stop her house keeping
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

About as often as DFS
everyday then
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by max0603
If my cooker goes slow I stop her house keeping
oooer, I hope she didn't hear that
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:48 pm
time for a glug...hic

golf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nicegolf04 is just really nice

Tools ...... damned expensive in Pt . Leroy Merlins, not as cheap as B & Q. If you can bring WD 40 do its about 8 euros a tin. Silly things like bluetac small enough to bring and a lot cheaper in UK
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:51 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this thread Titters.

Excellent news. I must say I'm a bit jealous though.

Have a safe trip and a brilliant new life in PT
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

So pleased for you!

Look forward to meeting you, we have just successfully matriculated our car for €33 so I will be a font of information for you!

Gx
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Just seen this thread Titters.

Excellent news. I must say I'm a bit jealous though.

Have a safe trip and a brilliant new life in PT
Thanks Flanny,
It is all getting a bit scary now , I am convinced I wont be ready on time
We have had a bit of a set back today, I had to have my old dog put to sleep today, so feeling a bit fragile, still packing has taken my mind off of it a bit and stopped me crying all day.
But I am looking forward to it and counting the days, very mixed emotions at the mo
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
So pleased for you!

Look forward to meeting you, we have just successfully matriculated our car for €33 so I will be a font of information for you!

Gx
can't wait, don't forget that bar b q,
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:46 pm

Thanks Flanny,
It is all getting a bit scary now , I am convinced I wont be ready on time
We have had a bit of a set back today, I had to have my old dog put to sleep today, so feeling a bit fragile, still packing has taken my mind off of it a bit and stopped me crying all day.
But I am looking forward to it and counting the days, very mixed emotions at the mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.