Heat pump

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

AMT63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heat pump

Hi
we have a house in the Ourique area and the old junkers gas boiler has finally given up, we have purchased a shiny new air source heat pump combined with water cylinder, unfortunately we can’t find anyone to fit the heat pump. The heat pump is fitted with a plug and I could probably alter the plumbing to fit but not sure about the regulations if I attempted this ? So wondered if anyone out there could recommend a company that would do this type of work.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heat pump

Have you been to see Nelson? Or asked Heldar?
Old Mar 24th 2021, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ouriquejan
Is Nelson the hardware store ? I have been there and asked Marco, he gave our number to someone but they didn’t ring and I think they didn’t speak English. We don’t know Anyone called Heldar sorry. We’re not living there at the moment so hoping to arrange for someone to look at it as soon as we’re allowed back over.

regards
Old Mar 24th 2021, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Heldar is one of the local builders, if he doesn't know some-one, no-one will. When you get over, send me a pm and I'll give you his phone number.

You could also ask Marco to ring the person he mentioned for you.

Nelson is behind the drogaria, he might also know some.one, if he can't do it himself.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Hi Ouriquejan
thank you I’ll get in touch as soon as I get flights sorted

Many thanks
Old Mar 29th 2021, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

RUFUS HOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

can I ask where you purchased the heat pump from ?
Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

can I ask where you purchased your heat pump from ?
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Hi we purchased it from Leroy Merlin I tried to include a picture but I have to have 5 posts apparently before I can do that! it’s a Giatsu 200 ltr
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Old Mar 31st 2021, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

many thanks AMT63, I will take a look online - are you plumbing it to underfloor heating?

Had a look at online products and cant find the exact one but this one looks like a rebadged version at 1499 euro (minus 10% if spend over 1500)

HTW 200
https://www.leroymerlin.pt/Produtos/...carateristicas

Last edited by RUFUS HOUND; Mar 31st 2021 at 12:37 am.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 9:37 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend went through the same transition beginning of last year, his gas boiler failed right when the weather was at its coldest. He got a heat pump instead of replacing the gas boiler and fitted himself. As a self contained item requiring no additional bits being connected he didn't see any reason to get any one in.

He found it takes a long time for the house to get warm (his radiators are no where near as hot as they used to be, warm to touch rather than hot). He made one addition which works a treat. He'd a log burner in his lounge which most nights through winter he'd have running anyway. His log burner had always had a back boiler but had never been connected to anything. He connected it to the heating system and added a pipe stat and extra circulation pump which kicks in once the log burner gets hot. His log burner now heats the whole house in conjunction with the heat pump which clicks off when the room stat reaches temperature. The pump on the log burner keeps going until he's gone to bed and the fire goes out, and as the temperature drops down again overnight the heat pump kicks back in again.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Heat pump needs either underfloor or huge radiators to run economically and be left set at 21 degrees ish, otherwise you can be fighting a losing battle with keeping warm and spending far too much on electricity to do so. If you have an old draughty poorly insulated property forget heat pumps for heating.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingg
Heat pump needs either underfloor or huge radiators to run economically and be left set at 21 degrees ish, otherwise you can be fighting a losing battle with keeping warm and spending far too much on electricity to do so. If you have an old draughty poorly insulated property forget heat pumps for heating.
It sounds like a heat pump connected to radiators could be a waste of money if you want a cosy house in the winter.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Radiators need water at approx. 65'C due to their relatively small surface area- heat pumps are only good for under floor heating at 35'C but due to the massive surface area of the floor,give a nice even heat - you can use radiators but as stated, they would need to be massive to give a large enough surface area to compensate for the lower water temp.

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RUFUS HOUND
Radiators need water at approx. 65'C due to their relatively small surface area- heat pumps are only good for under floor heating at 35'C but due to the massive surface area of the floor,give a nice even heat - you can use radiators but as stated, they would need to be massive to give a large enough surface area to compensate for the lower water temp.
The heat pump you have illustrated shows a reading of 58 degrees C. Can it deliver hot water at that temperature?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.