Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Good news re flying to PT

Good news re flying to PT

Old Feb 10th 2022, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good news re flying to PT

Has anyone flown into Faro yet? Just wondering if it will be like the experience of "santaanita" above.
Mary
Old Feb 10th 2022, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Has anyone flown into Faro yet? Just wondering if it will be like the experience of "santaanita" above.
Mary
I am tomorrow and will report back.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Mary
Yes, flew Manchester to Faro today, Jet2. Manchester security took half an hour in queue as usual. Arrival at Faro along with other flights so a bit slow but not too bad, security inspected PLF and Vaccinations certs before we got to manual passport control, electronic readers not in use. Only problem was taxi driver farted all the way to the airport.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 5:37 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
Yes, flew Manchester to Faro today, Jet2. Manchester security took half an hour in queue as usual. Arrival at Faro along with other flights so a bit slow but not too bad, security inspected PLF and Vaccinations certs before we got to manual passport control, electronic readers not in use. Only problem was taxi driver farted all the way to the airport.
Thank heaven for small mercies!! Thanks for the laugh I wasn't expecting the last sentence 😂😂
Old Feb 11th 2022, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

I travelled MAN/FAO with Jet2 this morning. Check-in was swift and only Passports were requested to be checked. Agent presumed that we were vaccinated and simply asked if we were double or triple jabbed. Boarding passes were marked accordingly. Security went swiftly too; only 20 minutes and that included having the contents of one of the bags examined and tested. At the gate, agents were checking those passengers who had not had their docs checked at check-in. Passports and boarding passes were checked at the gate and upon boarding the aircraft the passes were checked again.

A one hour delay then ensued apparently due to a passenger being denied boarding at the gate; he had a bag in the hold that needed to be offloaded. Gate staff must have spotted something that check-in had not!!

Made some time up during the flight and arrived at FAO 35 minutes late. Security was checking vaccination certificates immediately before passport control. PLF’s were not asked for nor checked. Immigration was swift as was baggage reclaim. All this compensated for the initial delay and we were back on schedule.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ARCNET
I travelled MAN/FAO with Jet2 this morning. Check-in was swift and only Passports were requested to be checked. Agent presumed that we were vaccinated and simply asked if we were double or triple jabbed. Boarding passes were marked accordingly. Security went swiftly too; only 20 minutes and that included having the contents of one of the bags examined and tested. At the gate, agents were checking those passengers who had not had their docs checked at check-in. Passports and boarding passes were checked at the gate and upon boarding the aircraft the passes were checked again.

A one hour delay then ensued apparently due to a passenger being denied boarding at the gate; he had a bag in the hold that needed to be offloaded. Gate staff must have spotted something that check-in had not!!

Made some time up during the flight and arrived at FAO 35 minutes late. Security was checking vaccination certificates immediately before passport control. PLF’s were not asked for nor checked. Immigration was swift as was baggage reclaim. All this compensated for the initial delay and we were back on schedule.
I’m flying Jet2 from Stanstead to Faro next Monday. Although you said the PLF was not checked on arrival the airline is stating it needs to be filled in. Is this just a digi form on your phone or did you also print it out? I’m double vacced and have the latest cert already printed out. Thanks, Richard
Old Feb 15th 2022, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sportpix
I’m flying Jet2 from Stanstead to Faro next Monday. Although you said the PLF was not checked on arrival the airline is stating it needs to be filled in. Is this just a digi form on your phone or did you also print it out? I’m double vacced and have the latest cert already printed out. Thanks, Richard
I believe the PLF is required by the PT authorities and ought to be checked on departure and again upon arrival although in my case it was not. Here is the link to complete one and submit it within 4 days before arrival in PT https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/p...r-locator-card. You will then receive an email attaching a PDF copy in Portuguese and English. It will be password protected with your Passport number and you can either print it off or keep it on your phone to show electronically, if asked.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the PLF is required by the PT authorities and ought to be checked on departure and again upon arrival although in my case it was not. Here is the link to complete one and submit it within 4 days before arrival in PT https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/p...r-locator-card. You will then receive an email attaching a PDF copy in Portuguese and English. It will be password protected with your Passport number and you can either print it off or keep it on your phone to show electronically, if asked.
Our PLFs were checked at Manchester, along with vaccination certificates and again at Faro by security staff in queue before reaching passport control. We always print everything, quicker to check than phones which slow everyone down.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamF
Our PLFs were checked at Manchester, along with vaccination certificates and again at Faro by security staff in queue before reaching passport control. We always print everything, quicker to check than phones which slow everyone down.
Me too.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 7:13 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.
Yes I always print out everything and use the phone copy as a backup.