Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Good news re flying to PT

Good news re flying to PT

Old Feb 6th 2022, 11:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news re flying to PT

Originally Posted by GrahamF
We've heard various days this week for tests to be lifted so no idea which is correct. What I do know is we're flying back on Thursday and Jet2 still requiring "in person test" or no boarding. If their site hasn't changed by Wednesday morning, will take the tests anyway as airline check-in requirements don't always match true position.
This is the problem. I believe that tests will be lifted, but the communication has been poor from the government. An actual date needs to be confirmed, on the official government sites.

Ive seen/had problems previously from people reading a press release re border controls and making travel decisions. They arent always correct. That's why I will only commit when I have seen the official communication. Plus the message has to get out to the airline staff (especially check in). So taking the tests maybe 'safe rather than sorry' as you said

Good luckJon
Old Feb 6th 2022, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
Not just gov.uk, SEF haven't updated their site either, still saying until 9th February tests required but no mention of change on 10th. As I type this, I've been in Jet2 telephone queue now for 10 mins.
That was the original date the current restrictions were due to expire. Today's publication of the change passed last week has superseded that with effect from 7 February. I doubt Jet2 will change anything until .gov.uk is updated.
Old Feb 6th 2022, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
This is the problem. I believe that tests will be lifted, but the communication has been poor from the government. An actual date needs to be confirmed, on the official government sites.

Ive seen/had problems previously from people reading a press release re border controls and making travel decisions. They arent always correct. That's why I will only commit when I have seen the official communication. Plus the message has to get out to the airline staff (especially check in). So taking the tests maybe 'safe rather than sorry' as you said

Good luckJon
The effective date has been confirmed on the official PT government site. Article 4 of the decree states "O presente decreto-lei entra em vigor no dia seguinte ao da sua publicação." which translated means "This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.", i.e. 7 February. gov.uk is not going to be updated until the change is actually in force because that site only represents the "current" rules.

Last edited by ARCNET; Feb 6th 2022 at 11:26 am.
Old Feb 6th 2022, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't https://dre.pt/dre/detalhe/resolucao...2022-178716210 what defines the new rules? It also takes effect tomorrow (07/02/22) but because to refers to and changes older rules it's too hard to read with a foggy brain.
Old Feb 6th 2022, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Just to add, anyone travelling to PT from tomorrow (07/02/22) not fully vaccinated and without a Covid-19 Recovery Certificate who is utilising an antigen test to enter must ensure that is it completed within 24 hours and not 48 hours as this reduction in validity is also included in the same regulation change. A more important reason, perhaps, for airlines and gov.uk to update their respective websites as soon as possible.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 6:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Isn't https://dre.pt/dre/detalhe/resolucao...2022-178716210 what defines the new rules? It also takes effect tomorrow (07/02/22) but because to refers to and changes older rules it's too hard to read with a foggy brain.
Yes this is NOT the best, clearest presentation and planning around of new rules . We've done quite a bit of 'deep diving' to get here, on this thread, but for sure airline co's wont react immediately, without some publicity, and for UK based travelers the fgov site is updated. I cant see most people digging into e.g the link you added, Sic Noticias etc in Portuguese to get info.

In our case we have cancelled plans to go tomorrow. It means a 4am start, the flight prices have shot up (nearly doubled since Saturday) and even though we could get an antigen test today, ('just in case') its more cost, hassle etc.

Since everyone is expecting new regs to be implemented Feb 10 I suspect/hope this will have been decided and widely/clearly communicated by then.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 7th 2022 at 6:05 am.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 6:27 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of an aside here but it does relate to either lack of clarity or carelessness.

When the last set of measures was imposed on 1st December, it was announced that all failures to comply would be sanctioned with fines - between 300 and 800 euros for the passenger and between 20,000 and 40,000 per passenger for the airline carrying them.

Last week it was reported that 2,848 passengers travelling with 41 airlines arrived without negative tests during the period concerned. Given the level of fines on the carriers, I was quite surprised that many had managed to board. Doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence in the airlines geting it right even when the new regs are implemented.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

easyJet has updated their site which now shows that a pre-departure test is no longer required to enter PT. Neither gov.uk nor Jet2 have updated theirs yet.
Old Feb 7th 2022, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

From Diario da Noticias ... https://www.dn.pt/sociedade/obrigato...-14565520.html
Old Feb 7th 2022, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jet2 has now updated their website for entry into PT "Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 in-person test result or proof of full vaccination"
Old Feb 8th 2022, 6:26 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by ARCNET
Jet2 has now updated their website for entry into PT "Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 in-person test result or proof of full vaccination"
This has been handled so badly ... And if airlines, and their teams, haven't got the message, how can the the traveller? Airlines need to get less obstructions to flying = business for them

It's now here - much more in the public domain. This site is referred to on the official sites

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ths%20of%20age

Now the message needs to get out .... Properly!!
What a mess...
Jon
Old Feb 8th 2022, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

easyJet has updated their site which now shows that a pre-departure test is no longer required to enter PT. Neither gov.uk nor Jet2 have updated theirs yet.
I cannot believe that the UK Gov site is still not up to date this morning on the entry requirements to Portugal.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BillBullock
I cannot believe that the UK Gov site is still not up to date this morning on the entry requirements to Portugal.
It's now been updated but not completely correct as it is still showing 48 hours for the antigen test when that has been reduced to 24 hours.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, anyone travelling to PT from tomorrow (07/02/22) not fully vaccinated and without a Covid-19 Recovery Certificate who is utilising an antigen test to enter must ensure that is it completed within 24 hours and not 48 hours as this reduction in validity is also included in the same regulation change. A more important reason, perhaps, for airlines and gov.uk to update their respective websites as soon as possible.
i fcam in to lisbon last night from Dublin,i took a antigen test at 11am and got neg result at the airport.flew withTAPat boarding i was as am i double vac just asked showed nothing,on arrivalat lisbom first port of call was a barricade ofstaff who asked to see the double vac cert,if you had one you were given a blue arm band,on to passport control asked for passport asked for id card thats it did not ask to see antegen result did not ask for passenger locator form NADA.ON TO ARRIVAL HALL 2 STAF WITH TO LARGE SIGN BOARDS ON THE LEFT BOARD IT SAID IF YOU HAVE A BLUE WRIST BAND GO LEFT AND OUT ,RIGHT HAND BOARD SAID NO BLUE WRIST BAND GO RIGHT.I WOULD SAY A THIRD OF MY FLIGHT WENT RIGHT.PROALLY NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.soall that trouble to book a test in Dublin waste of time,on top of that i lost a shed load at the Dublin racing festival

Last edited by santaanita; Feb 8th 2022 at 11:21 am.
Old Feb 8th 2022, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

PJC61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Updated on gov.uk now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.