Reload this Page >

england rugby sat where to watch

england rugby sat where to watch

Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

robingeller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: england rugby sat where to watch

Originally Posted by The Comfys
Hi, you could try the Pacifico Bar in Vilamoura - it has got 4 TVs and is a nice sports bar. The owner is called Al and despite being Portuguese has been supporting England in the knock-out stages. Trust me I know, I was there last week! Pacifico Bar is not on the marina but can be found down the road opposite Macdonalds. There is a free car park behind MacDonalds. You cut through the shops into a small courtyard. There should be a board advertising the bar outside the shop. Well worth a visit.
Bless you (4 times over as my husband and kids will also be grateful). Sounds perfect. Now if only I had directions from the airport... (Not that I'm demanding or anything...)

take care,

Robin
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

The Comfys is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: england rugby sat where to watch

Originally Posted by robingeller
Bless you (4 times over as my husband and kids will also be grateful). Sounds perfect. Now if only I had directions from the airport... (Not that I'm demanding or anything...)

take care,

Robin
Hi Robin

We have done the following directions from memory and it is an automatic journey for us so forgive us if they are not exact however you should be able to get there hopefully as Vilamoura is well sign-posted.

From Faro Airport take the exit road and continue turning right at the exit signed posted Portimao/Lisboa/Loule. After that follow signs for Portimao on the EN125. Continue on this road for approximately 5kms and take the first exit road signposted Almancil EN125 you should pass Almancil on your left as this is a bypass. Continue until you come to big roundabout and a flyover in front of you, take exit signposted Vilamoura/Quarteria. Follow main road and you will pass the water park and Vila Sol on your right - continue to roundabout with BP garage on left, turn right at roundabout, go across next roundabout and follow road to traffic lights. Go straight on at these lights and the Sports Ground should be on left - take next left behind just after Sports Ground and follow road to stop sign. Turn left and immediately right and MacDonalds is on left hand side. Car park is behind MacDonalds.

Coming out of car park, cross road and walk down road opposite. Bear right through alley between shops and Pacifico will be in the courtyard opposite where you enter. Restaurant Cataplana is opposite Pacifico Bar although we would recommend Restaurant Concorde next door to Pacifico - owner is called Tony.

Enjoy your stay and enjoy the game.

Swing low sweet chariots ....

The Comfys

Last edited by jdr; Oct 16th 2007 at 7:12 pm. Reason: putting back quote tag
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

robingeller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Comfys
Hi Robin

We have done the following directions from memory and it is an automatic journey for us so forgive us if they are not exact however you should be able to get there hopefully as Vilamoura is well sign-posted.

From Faro Airport take the exit road and continue turning right at the exit signed posted Portimao/Lisboa/Loule. After that follow signs for Portimao on the EN125. Continue on this road for approximately 5kms and take the first exit road signposted Almancil EN125 you should pass Almancil on your left as this is a bypass. Continue until you come to big roundabout and a flyover in front of you, take exit signposted Vilamoura/Quarteria. Follow main road and you will pass the water park and Vila Sol on your right - continue to roundabout with BP garage on left, turn right at roundabout, go across next roundabout and follow road to traffic lights. Go straight on at these lights and the Sports Ground should be on left - take next left behind just after Sports Ground and follow road to stop sign. Turn left and immediately right and MacDonalds is on left hand side. Car park is behind MacDonalds.

Coming out of car park, cross road and walk down road opposite. Bear right through alley between shops and Pacifico will be in the courtyard opposite where you enter. Restaurant Cataplana is opposite Pacifico Bar although we would recommend Restaurant Concorde next door to Pacifico - owner is called Tony.

Enjoy your stay and enjoy the game.

Swing low sweet chariots ....

The Comfys
Thanks so much (on my behalf and that of the rugby playing and watching members of my family) - this is just great. I'll let you know when I get back if it all worked out!

Take care,

Robin
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Gutted.
Couple of silly penalties and a good try discounted.
So close....
But we can be proud.
No-one gave them a chance and they defended their title valiantly.
Thanks boys.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:17 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike
Gutted.
Couple of silly penalties and a good try discounted.
So close....
But we can be proud.
No-one gave them a chance and they defended their title valiantly.
Thanks boys.
So true, they did well. ;-))