Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

england rugby sat where to watch

england rugby sat where to watch

Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

gazzer888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default england rugby sat where to watch

hi all we will be in tavira sat,does any one know where the rugby will be shown live.
bearing in mind portugal have an euro 2008 football match!!!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: england rugby sat where to watch

Originally Posted by gazzer888
hi all we will be in tavira sat,does any one know where the rugby will be shown live.
Why don't you try one of the bars down in Cabanas, they usually show the rugby, that is where I watched the last rugby world cup when ITV4 got awkard about showing it.
Joao
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

gazzer888 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ill try quassies..............
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

I think you would do better to go down to the other end, that is where I watched it last
Joao
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: england rugby sat where to watch

The Austrailian bar in Tavira is showing all the rugby.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: england rugby sat where to watch

Hope you caught the game and enjoyed it gazzer, please let me know 'cos I'm hoping to spend more time in Tavira (Q da P) and would like to think I can keep in touch with rugby there!

What a Game!!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lelandy
Hope you caught the game and enjoyed it gazzer, please let me know 'cos I'm hoping to spend more time in Tavira (Q da P) and would like to think I can keep in touch with rugby there!

What a Game!!
for those further East....

LJ's down at Vila Real do Santo Antonio shows all the games
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:06 am
Just Joined

robingeller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazzer888
I will be landing at Faro airport next Saturday, October 20 at 7:20 p.m. My family is Rugby mad and I am trying to find the closest place to the airport where we can watch the Rugby World Cup Final... Any guidance most gratefully appreciated. We are ewventually staying in Praia de Luz but I'm worried that by the time we get there, we will have missed most of the match.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Saz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really nice

Hiya
Seeing as you are heading west anyway, I would head towards Vilamoura area, there is a sports bar in the marina called the 18th Hole (or is it 19th - not being a golfer - I get confused) which is bound to be showing it. Vilamoura is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. However, there must also be bars in Faro showing the rugby. But I am sorry, I dont know of any.

We are in a bit of a quandry also , as last time we were out, we unknowingly asked our Portuguese neighbours round for dinner on the night of the final and him indoors thinks it will OK to postpone it! He thinks they will understand. I am not so sure.

Anyway, hope you and your sons enjoy the game.

Saz1
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Saz1. I thought, though, that Praia de Luz was east of Faro, not West...

Robin
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Saz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really niceSaz1 is just really nice

Hiya
Me and the girls in the office (who I demanded to immediately come and check on my Algarve Map) all agree its West of Faro. Please dont tell me all those years at Brownies, were to no avail.

Saz1
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:54 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Found this place in Quatera,near Villamoura dunno if its any good,there is a phone number
http://www.guiadanoite.com/bar/Sports-Bar.00mnf4.html
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

There's a place just outside of Faro on the N125 heading West (right direction for Praia da Luz!) called The Australia Bar or something similar, I would have thought they would be showing it.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cleri
Found this place in Quatera,near Villamoura dunno if its any good,there is a phone number
http://www.guiadanoite.com/bar/Sports-Bar.00mnf4.html
thanks so much - will check it out.

Robin
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

The Comfys is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: england rugby sat where to watch

Originally Posted by robingeller
I will be landing at Faro airport next Saturday, October 20 at 7:20 p.m. My family is Rugby mad and I am trying to find the closest place to the airport where we can watch the Rugby World Cup Final... Any guidance most gratefully appreciated. We are ewventually staying in Praia de Luz but I'm worried that by the time we get there, we will have missed most of the match.
Hi, you could try the Pacifico Bar in Vilamoura - it has got 4 TVs and is a nice sports bar. The owner is called Al and despite being Portuguese has been supporting England in the knock-out stages. Trust me I know, I was there last week! Pacifico Bar is not on the marina but can be found down the road opposite Macdonalds. There is a free car park behind MacDonalds. You cut through the shops into a small courtyard. There should be a board advertising the bar outside the shop. Well worth a visit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.