Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Does this exist? Someone to drive my car to Portugal for me?

Does this exist? Someone to drive my car to Portugal for me?

Old Feb 27th 2017, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does this exist? Someone to drive my car to Portugal for me?

Originally Posted by ejntaylor
comfy audi a6
If it was an RS6 I would do it for free!
Old Feb 27th 2017, 12:22 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

I had an idea and wasn't sure if this service existed. Perhaps you can help.

I want someone to drive my car full of stuff to Portugal from the UK. I will meet them in Portugal by plane.

Does this service exist and if so, what is it called? Has anyone done anything like this or have any warnings or advice?

I think it's a neat idea (unless prohibitively expensive!)

Thanks
no easy way unless you drive the vehicle yourself

too much hassle trying to find someone else to do this for you as posted above

The other option

Have the vehicle shipped,

check quotes

https://www.shiply.com/vehicle-deliv...o-portugal.php

http://www.cars-go-transport.com/por...-car-transport

http://www.anchorvehiclelogistics.co...tportugal.html

Last edited by not2old; Feb 27th 2017 at 12:51 am.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

comfy audi a6
Whereabouts in the UK are you and when do you want it done by?
Old Feb 27th 2017, 7:03 am
Just Joined

ejntaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Whereabouts in the UK are you and when do you want it done by?
I'm near Newhaven (ferry direct to Dieppe, France). I'm looking for around April, but I'm flexible.

I'm really just trying to see if this is possible and find costs associated. If it's all in the right ballpark, then I'd go for it.

Thanks for feedback on this
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:26 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this exist? Someone to drive my car to Portugal for me?https://www.service-p

I'm near Newhaven (ferry direct to Dieppe, France). I'm looking for around April, but I'm flexible.

I'm really just trying to see if this is possible and find costs associated. If it's all in the right ballpark, then I'd go for it.

Thanks for feedback on this
Hi, butting in from the France forum! The French Customs site is down, but I have the impression, from a search for a query on the France forum some time ago, that the animals must be accompanied by their owner, not a third party. Something to check when the site is back to normal.
Voyage : venir en France avec mon animal de compagnie
Meanwhile, take a look at
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...vosdroits/F806
for the regulations on bringing pets into France yourself.

P.S. Here's a site in English for the regulations
http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Importi...to-France,2780

Last edited by dmu; Feb 27th 2017 at 10:36 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Vaapukka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ejntaylor,

we are a couple moving from UK to Porto in mid July. We will be driving through France and Spain with our cat. We have Eurotunnel train and AirBnbs booked but no car - would this be a perfect match?

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to bring your dog as we have the cat, but perhaps you could use a pet courier for him/her? We would also need to fit in some of our stuff.

How full of stuff would your car be? Do you think this might work?
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

ejntaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vaapukka - I'm afraid plans have changed and I wont need to goto Portugal any more. Thanks for the offer though.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Vaapukka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vaapukka - I'm afraid plans have changed and I wont need to goto Portugal any more. Thanks for the offer though.
ok - thanks for your quick reply!
Old Apr 4th 2017, 9:31 am
Just Joined

wrighty2205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default second hand cars

Hi, does anyone know some reasonable places to get a second hand car from? It seems they are quite expensive in Portugal and even more hassle to bring one over from the uk. Is it possible to buy one in Spain? we are in Tavira.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: second hand cars

Originally Posted by wrighty2205
Hi, does anyone know some reasonable places to get a second hand car from? It seems they are quite expensive in Portugal and even more hassle to bring one over from the uk. Is it possible to buy one in Spain? we are in Tavira.
No point in buying in Spain as you'll have to register it in Portugal and pay the tax. Just need to bite the bullet...

some sites:

www.olx.pt

www.custojusto.pt

www.standvirtual.pt

Alternatively I'll sell you my
Kia Sorrento