CTT Mail Box

Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute
Default CTT Mail Box

Trying to register for this today, have done all the necessary box filling, so far so good.

Came to send the scanned documents and it keeps getting rejected by "CTT Rules" Have even tried sending a "Test" mail and the CTT email rejects that.

Address can't be wrong as it is a link on their registration site.

Anybody else encountered this and found a workaround before I give in and send hard copies via post.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CTT Mail Box

Once you have set up an email for them to contact you, you will get an email that asks you to send them documents. This verifies you have enter a correct email address and then you can scan and email your documents to the email they supply. Once you have done that they should send you an activation key for the CTT account. Email from them will be something like this:
1 - ENVIAR OS SEUS DOCUMENTOS DE IDENTIFICAÇÃO PARA O SERVIÇO VIACTT

1.1) Documentos necessários para a sua identificação pessoal:
a. "Comprovativo de Certificação" assinado conforme Documento de Identificação introduzido no registo (documento disponível na sua Caixa em “Perfil Geral > Ativar Caixa Postal Eletrónica > Enviar Documentos”);
b. Cópia do documento de Identificação que introduzido no registo;
c. Cópia do Cartão de Contribuinte.

1.2) Modo de envio dos documentos de Identificação para o serviço ViaCTT:
a. digitalizar e enviar os documentos por email, para o endereço [email protected]
ou
b. enviar os documentos para o seguinte endereço (não necessita de colocar selo);
Remessa Livre 27250
LJ. CTT Praça do Município
1144-003 Lisboa
Old Jan 19th 2021, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fergus
Once you have set up an email for them to contact you, you will get an email that asks you to send them documents. This verifies you have enter a correct email address and then you can scan and email your documents to the email they supply. Once you have done that they should send you an activation key for the CTT account. Email from them will be something like this:
1 - ENVIAR OS SEUS DOCUMENTOS DE IDENTIFICAÇÃO PARA O SERVIÇO VIACTT

1.1) Documentos necessários para a sua identificação pessoal:
a. "Comprovativo de Certificação" assinado conforme Documento de Identificação introduzido no registo (documento disponível na sua Caixa em “Perfil Geral > Ativar Caixa Postal Eletrónica > Enviar Documentos”);
b. Cópia do documento de Identificação que introduzido no registo;
c. Cópia do Cartão de Contribuinte.

1.2) Modo de envio dos documentos de Identificação para o serviço ViaCTT:
a. digitalizar e enviar os documentos por email, para o endereço [email protected]
ou
b. enviar os documentos para o seguinte endereço (não necessita de colocar selo);
Remessa Livre 27250
LJ. CTT Praça do Município
1144-003 Lisboa
Yes, had that mail Fergus and replied to it via the link there in contained but it wouldn't accept it at the other end.

I'll have another bash tomorrow.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

tom99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this some kind of mail forwarding or mail dropbox run by the pt postal service .If so it is just what I need at the moment and can it be arranged at a local post office?
Old Jan 19th 2021, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom99
Is this some kind of mail forwarding or mail dropbox run by the pt postal service .If so it is just what I need at the moment and can it be arranged at a local post office?
Tom, it is a secure electronic method of recieving bills. I only want it for the IMI initially but will look at getting others sent there in due course.

I haven't got fully in yet due to the email issue described previous so can't really comment on how it performs.

But (as we read it) having the Tax bill sent electronically does away with the need for a fiscal rep for non resident property owners....we hope!!
Old Jan 20th 2021, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Fergus, it appears to have worked today 😃😃, must have been user error 😭
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Chislenko... Could I ask why you think this would replace a fiscal rep? I would be very interested in using this method too, but on what fergus has copied I don't see how it works. Isn't it just a mail collection storage box? if it does do the rep replacement thing why doesn't everyone use it? Would save money paying someone to do basically nothing.
Have been on other expat sites and have been told it doesn't do the job. Whoever represents you(I think) needs to be registered with Financas.(as your rep)
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Chislenko... Could I ask why you think this would replace a fiscal rep? I would be very interested in using this method too, but on what fergus has copied I don't see how it works. Isn't it just a mail collection storage box? if it does do the rep replacement thing why doesn't everyone use it? Would save money paying someone to do basically nothing.
Have been on other expat sites and have been told it doesn't do the job. Whoever represents you(I think) needs to be registered with Financas.(as your rep)
Toots

It was my / our interpretation of the post by Tony in this thread.

Tax payer representative for UK nationals

Whether we are right or wrong I don't know. Any definitive clarity would be appreciated.

As it happens I have not received my activation key for the box yet so can't access it yet.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't give definitive clarity but I'm afraid I think your interpretation is not correct.

Clause 1 of Article 19 says your tax domicile is your usual place of residence.

Clause 2 says your 'tax domicile also includes the electronic tax domicile, which includes the public service of electronic notifications associated with the unique digital address, as well as the electronic mailbox,' i.e ViaCTT

Unfortunately Clause 6 then says 'Taxable persons residing abroad, as well as those who, although residing in the national territory, are absent from it for a period exceeding six months', 'must, for tax purposes , designate a representative with residence in the national territory.'

Anyone tax resident in Portugal can use ViaCTT to receive communication from the tax man which presumably may be easier than relying on the post.

However if you are not tax resident in Portugal, do not pass Go, and go direct to Clause 6.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

In other words clauses 1 and 2 only apply if you are resident for tax purposes in Portugal (see https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.p...ribuintes.aspx)
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by appman999
In other words clauses 1 and 2 only apply if you are resident for tax purposes in Portugal (see https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.p...ribuintes.aspx)
I see your point but am confused within every clause it stipulated someone with a Portuguese VAT number not NIF.

Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, that's just Google Translate. The original says NIF.

Old Jan 23rd 2021, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, that's just Google Translate. The original says NIF.
Cheers appman.

Old Jan 24th 2021, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TonyJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't give definitive clarity but I'm afraid I think your interpretation is not correct.

Clause 1 of Article 19 says your tax domicile is your usual place of residence.

Clause 2 says your 'tax domicile also includes the electronic tax domicile, which includes the public service of electronic notifications associated with the unique digital address, as well as the electronic mailbox,' i.e ViaCTT

Unfortunately Clause 6 then says 'Taxable persons residing abroad, as well as those who, although residing in the national territory, are absent from it for a period exceeding six months', 'must, for tax purposes , designate a representative with residence in the national territory.'

Anyone tax resident in Portugal can use ViaCTT to receive communication from the tax man which presumably may be easier than relying on the post.

However if you are not tax resident in Portugal, do not pass Go, and go direct to Clause 6.
You need to read the whole article - the relevant part of the law for non residents is 19-14
Old Jan 24th 2021, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I have looked at the article that Tonyj mentions. https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.p...ges/lgt19.aspx This seems to have been formalised from a draft that was done in 2018. There is no other associated dates that I can see. However, the requirement for a fiscal rep was made on 23rd December 2020. The final paragraph of this new requirement states that for those that register with AT after 1st January 2021 that the appointment of a fiscal rep is mandatory. I presume that as the latest and most recent law that it would take precedent over previous law? I appreciate that it is quite explicit with regards to new registration after 1st January 2021, but I do not see anything that states if you were registered before then, that you do not need a fiscal rep if you use a digital email service. Apart that is for the (contradictory) article on the AT site (link above). Is it possible the AT have simply not updated this in line with the new legislation made on 23rd December 2020? Here is a link to the December law which also happens to be on the AT web site.
https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.p..._2020_XXII.pdf
Anyone care to comment??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.