Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Buying land in the Algarve (Loulé)

Buying land in the Algarve (Loulé)

Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying land in the Algarve (Loulé)

40 acres...not being modest are we? Maybe we should team up. You'll be lonely all by yourself on such a vast spread And I could help you with renewable energy technologies. I'm finishing my degree in it, Very useful and practical stuff. Never been to Loule though. I think it's a good few kilometres inland. I like water.. . I have been looking fora place for sometime but it not proving to be easy.. .
Old Dec 9th 2013, 1:16 am
Just Joined

AdeV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlackBeardie
40 acres...not being modest are we? Maybe we should team up. You'll be lonely all by yourself on such a vast spread And I could help you with renewable energy technologies. I'm finishing my degree in it, Very useful and practical stuff. Never been to Loule though. I think it's a good few kilometres inland. I like water.. . I have been looking fora place for sometime but it not proving to be easy.. .
Yeah, I figured 40 acres would be about the minimum come the end of civilization Plus, it's a hill top, so very defendable

In fairness, I could live with the plot if it were just the ~8 acres of Urban land, having the other 32 of hillside/"farm"land is just a nice bonus. Too many years of pizza, beer and long hours in the office have left me in altogether the wrong shape, so the hill will be good motivation to fix that (goal: TO climb the hill once a week to begin with. Once that starts to get too easy, twice; then four times, then 7 times/week. By then, I should have worn a nice track into the hill so I can start biking up it. First once a week, then....... you get the idea. Basically... kill or cure.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Realme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really niceRealme is just really nice

Just wanted to add...be careful about your Internet connection. We live in the hills you describe and work over the net and need fast speeds...our village only gets 2mbs- 3mbs download speed through the landline...the village across the way gets fibre optic, with no hope of it coming here. We had to install satellite Internet connection, so get 12Mbs in order to work at all. If you job relies on it, be careful to enquire. Dongles not really good enough for most work. Your circular thingie sound like an eira.. A round circle used with a donkey to grind grain. Good luck with everything. We love living here.