Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Old Jun 30th 2021, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon deliveries (again!)

My missing parcel showed up today; after 4 or 5 days of getting a new delivery notice each morning.

One day, Portugal will decide it's important to name the roads. And maybe have a public GPS database like other countries do.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 3:35 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Issue "solved".

Correos Express finally replied (late Friday) "We inform that the shipment is delivered at the Freguessia Board to customer" - it took over 2 days and complaints to Amazon to get this out of them.

From this I guessed that they had dumped the package at the Junta de Freguesia in the village which is the Postal District (but not at my locality, let alone my house).

So I called the Junta and sure enough, my package was there, so today I drove the 8km and picked it up. Unfortunately the Junta don't have the other items that were never delivered......... but at least I've got this one.

The address label on the box shows my address clearly - House name, Locality, Post code for the locality, etc. - so they did have the full, correct address - why they chose to dump it at the Junta,I don't know. Why they didn't phone, I don't know.

I am thinking of amending my address to remove the Postal District name altogether and replace it by my mobile number...... who knows it might be a hint!

Amazon have not yet completed their "case" regarding the non-delivery. I'll wait to see what they come up with.......
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 4:27 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Steam cleaner turned up yesterday afternoon no problems by an independent courier in a plain white van. No tracking update, that still shows as it has yet to leave amazon handling centre. But it arrived.