Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Old Jun 14th 2021, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon deliveries (again!)

Originally Posted by toots sweet
We've bought garden stuff from a supplier in PT near Portimao. Not too expensive and took 2 days to get here(Up near Santarem).Sohorta.pt
I know them, I go to the shop. Nice guy, I buy oxygen from him too.

I had some trouble with Amazon.es, but they were quick to respond and sorted it ok.

One problem I have with Amazon is that it's really hard to tell where a product is being sent from; I avoid anything outside EU.

It can be very frustrating when things get lost; your mind starts thinking of that petty annoying problem all the time until it's sorted, the value of your lost thought usually greater than the parcel.

GLS notification, very efficient, said they would deliver Friday; of course they didn't, but it came today (Monday), and they now keep drivers within an area so he knew my house.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Just had my first Amazon delivery as a test, a book from the UK. Driver phoned for guidance to our un-numbered countryside house, sent him a dropped pin and he was here within 5 minutes. GLS.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 4:12 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

The problem lies in Amazon's choce of carrier.... over which you have no control. I'm pleased that others have successful deliveries, but Correos Express have just claimed another attempted delivery (the 3rd) which failed due to.... wait for it..... an incorrect or incomplete address.

No prior notification, no telephone calll, no confirmation that they have even used the information I've sent them - and, oddly, their own site says the delivery is still in progress!! Plus other earlier details now appear to have been wiped from the delivery history.....

Amazon have also confirmed that they have no idea where my hosepipe is...... clue: It was booked out of Amazon.es (Getafe) by Correos Express on 3rd June!

In 2 days I can claim a replacement or refund. I want the replacement, but Amazon will need to explain how they think it will be delivered to me......
Old Jun 15th 2021, 11:09 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots (Correos Express) sent me an email yesteday, finally showing all the correct address information including mobile number, GPS coords, etc., etc. and saying that delivery was set for the next working day (nice opaque reference...).

Then today Amazon say the goods have been returned to their depot and they will refund the money in a few days...

The hosepipe is still missing, but if it hasn't arrived by yesterday, I can claim a refund, say Amazon.

Amazon seem very keen to refund the money and make this a complate failure exercise, but I intend to press for replacements.

The ineptitude of Correos Express goes beyond the low standard for carriers..................
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

my last 4 orders from amazon spain have all come within 48hrs via ctt express ,yesterday in the prime offers i ordered a kango drill at 2.30pm it arrived at 8.41 am this morning,
the tracking on the app reads
created dispatch 18.08
dispatched 23.59
reception centro de tratamento Coimbra07.02
out for delvery 07.22
delivered 08.41
we are 52 k from cct office in coimbra so i think we have done very well today
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 9:30 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by santaanita
my last 4 orders from amazon spain have all come within 48hrs via ctt express ,yesterday in the prime offers i ordered a kango drill at 2.30pm it arrived at 8.41 am this morning,
the tracking on the app reads
created dispatch 18.08
dispatched 23.59
reception centro de tratamento Coimbra07.02
out for delvery 07.22
delivered 08.41
we are 52 k from cct office in coimbra so i think we have done very well today
Lucky you - I too have multiple stories of successful deliveries - it is just this repeat of a scenario 5 years ago and Amazon's total inability to rectify it that is the problem. Surely we want close to 100% success, not closer to 50%.

Equally, Amazon's failure to suggest any way in which a repeat could be avoided and their immediate rush to refund and "close the book" on their failure is a concern..... and now they don' t even answer messages to Customer Services. Is that good service?
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Lucky you - I too have multiple stories of successful deliveries - it is just this repeat of a scenario 5 years ago and Amazon's total inability to rectify it that is the problem. Surely we want close to 100% success, not closer to 50%.

Equally, Amazon's failure to suggest any way in which a repeat could be avoided and their immediate rush to refund and "close the book" on their failure is a concern..... and now they don' t even answer messages to Customer Services. Is that good service?
no i agree with you,i have had some problems in the past but those were always with delvs from china,but i found amazons ring back service amazing ,the phone would ring the second i stopped typing
Old Jun 24th 2021, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

My Amazon delivery came to my un-numbered gate on my un-named road today.

DHL on the other hand, now says my house is a postbox and they can't deliver to it.
Even though they have done so many times in the past.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard

DHL on the other hand, now says my house is a postbox and they can't deliver to it.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 10:47 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by liveaboard

As of yesterday, Amazon.es refunded the price of my hosepipe, case closed. No offer to resupply, no advice on how to avoid a similar fiasco in future, nothing. Just close the case and move on.

I'm really happy for those of you who have a better service..... but the issue with Correos Express remains (as with Seur in the past). You can hardly claim to cover a territory when your chosen carrier can't even extract the address from Amazon correctly....
Old Jun 29th 2021, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Postman came and delivered 2 parcels out of 3.
Amazon tracking for the the missing parcel says "delivery attempted" an hour before.

Those tracking systems are just for laughs really.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 2:25 pm
Resident Cynic

Well, brave or stupid.....

Amazon.es had a polesaw I wanted - and it had "bonus" discounts that made it €40 cheaper than on Amazon.de. (largely due to the last fiasco).

I also had the "offer" of a free trial of Prime...

So I bought the polesaw and joined Prime, thinking their carrier for Prime deliveries would be better.

WRONG! The carrier is, once again, Correos Express.

I've changed the address on Amazon slightly (removing spaces and the PO box number, replacing it by my locality). But although Amazon say the item is dispatched with a tracking number, it doesn't yet appear on the CE website, so I can't check what a dog's breakfast they've made of transposing the address this time......

I'm just expecting the worst...... so maybe it'll arrive on Thursday, as promised.

Anyone seen a ??
Old Jun 29th 2021, 3:20 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a steam cleaner winging it's way to me via same. I included a GPS reference though to give the driver a clue, our road doesn't even have a name. Crossed finger all round.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

my missing parcel tracking says there's an address error; so even if we ignore the 2 deliveries made by the same company today, CTT, the question remains, why not just ask the lady at the local post office?
Or call me, as my number is on there?

No use fretting, if it doesn't get here I'll just order it again.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 6:46 pm
Resident Cynic

Here we go again....

2 items bought.

1 over €100 .... sent bt Correos Express
1 under €5 ...... sent by CTT PT Express

The latter arrived at my gate at around noon - no call, the guy just asked directions (I am 2km down a dirt road from the "locality").

The former clains to have been delivered to the Postal District (not locality), no call and nothing delivered to me. The village named is 8kn from me and there's no clue as to where they left it.

Emailed Amazon to ask where it was. They've "opened a case" and if it doesn't (miraculously) arrive by Friday they'll take action.....

Emailed Correos Express. No answer.

Muppets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.