Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Amazon deliveries (again!)

Old Jun 12th 2021, 7:25 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazon deliveries (again!)

So, Amazon Spain now covers Portugal,eh?

I ordered a hosepipe and some connectors...... it started its journey in the UK! They split the order into 2 to "aid rapid delivery".

The hose and connectors then moved on to Belgium, then to Madrid..... where they were handed over to Correos Express, who, strangely, then sent the connectors to Evora, but not the hose. The connectors arrived in Evora the next day and the hose was then sent, this was June 3rd. It hasn't reached Evora yet!!

Then they "tried to deliver" the connectors on June 4th.... but the address was "incorrect or incomplete". This reminded me of the old Seur non-deliveries....

In 2016 I wrote

" I'm here waiting for the axe to fall.....

I ordered a plumbing part from the UK, gave full address, CP, postcode the lot.

Received an email to say "dispatched by Amazon.es via Seur".

Second email from Seur suggesting delivery tomorrow, but to a town 30km away. Tried to contact Seur by email, system won't accept full postal code, just the fist four characters .... and won't accept postal town as it doesn't concur with the restricted postcode that they accept.

Doesn't bode well.......
"

Guess what - same issue. Only the first four Postcode digits accepted and tthe locality ignored (because my Portuguese address doesn't fit their system!. Difference this time is that Correos Express dropped the last 3 digits of the mobile number too!!

Again, they want me to call Madrid so they can lie to me in Spanish! But I managed to get a couple of mails into them (though the resonses are pitiful). As of today, they are due to try to redeliver the connectors.... but still no mention of the hose!!

Amazon.es meanwhile have done much hand-wringing and offered me a 5 euro voucher, but solved nothing. Their answer is to wait until 16th and then claim my money back!

How can they survive like this? 5 years on and still the same issue delivering to Portugal. What a farce!!

Last edited by macliam; Jun 12th 2021 at 7:46 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Re: Amazon deliveries (again!)

When you eventually find the amazon.es 'contact us' page on which you can correspond with them, if you write in English they will reply in English.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

FWIW. I order very often from Amazon.es and the only "problem" I have is that often the delivery is days early!
Old Jun 13th 2021, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by zoff
FWIW. I order very often from Amazon.es and the only "problem" I have is that often the delivery is days early!
Me too. Very few problems. In Spain we get Sunday deliveries too.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:16 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
When you eventually find the amazon.es 'contact us' page on which you can correspond with them, if you write in English they will reply in English.
I have spoken to Amazon, that is not the problem. It is their carrier who apparently can't actually deliver or reply meaningfully to contact. The issue with Amazon.es is that after 5 years the issue I had with their chosen carrier has been repeated .. for the same reason. All the reassurances in the world are not delivering my goods and a refund is a failure exercise, not a solution
Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I understood that. Just a point of information. If you already knew it fine.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:20 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
Me too. Very few problems. In Spain we get Sunday deliveries too.
I would hope a Spanish carrier could deliver to Spain.... My issue is with their failure to deliver to Portugal, which they claim to do - and the fact that their failed process is unchanged after 5 years.

Correos Express don' t even offer contact at the weekend, let alone deliveries!
Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope you can get it sorted soon.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

And now Amazon claim that they are extending their Prime services including free rapid deliveries to Portugal via the amazon.es ... if they cannot work with the postcode they are going to have fun with that.
I suppose you have an account with Amazon - go back to your profile details and check your address (first marking up that you are in Country - Portugal) and check your delivery address. We have no problem with Amazon deliveries to Central PT and no problem with the phone number or entering postcode. Perhaps the mess up here is to do with the parts setting off from UK? And can only think that the phone number problem is with the 351 at the front taking the space of the 3 last digits - check the way the phone number is written on the website - is there a section to chose the country, rather than typing in 351 ?
Old Jun 13th 2021, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on the carrier, dpd being the worst ime, we ordered something from amazon. Es.
It arrived when we were away, they tried twice to deliver at the house, then they left a card to tell us it was at a local pick up shop, we called the warehouse and they said it was still in the warehouse but it would be in the shop the next afternoon and it wasn't possible for us to pick up at the warehouse.

Went to shop next afternoon to be told its not there, lady in shop called warehouse to be told still in warehouse be there next afternoon, went back nrxt afternoon, still not there, received message same day from amazon telling us, problem with delivery goods returned to amazon please request refund 🙄🙄

Confused? you bet!!!
Old Jun 13th 2021, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

We've bought garden stuff from a supplier in PT near Portimao. Not too expensive and took 2 days to get here(Up near Santarem).Sohorta.pt
Old Jun 13th 2021, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

macliam, with all my deliveries, except for CTT (Portugese post), I get a phone call before delivery asking for help finding my house. This is just my experience but maybe the phone call part of the process could be your problem.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 11:37 am
Resident Cynic

There's nothing wrong with my address, etc. on Amazon..... and I use them without issue in the UK and have had successful deliveries from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de here in Portugal in the past. The UK start point was only a smile from me... the post-Brexit internal Amazon journey to Madrid went like clockwork.

The problem lies with Amazon.es choice of final-leg carrier - the internal system used by Correos Express (and previously by Seur) only accepts address details relevant to Spain. Thus it only pulls off the parts that fit it's Spanish-oriented internal system. It is here where the postcode is mangled, the locality ignored and even the postal district changed to fit the mangled postcode. This leaves the driver looking for a housename, with no other detail, in a town 25km away, and that isn't going to fly.!! The issue with Amazon is, as has been said, they claim to cover Portugal and are responsible end-to-end, yet, five years on, they still use a carrier who can't deliver to Portugal and has zero customer service.

I also normally get a phonecall from carriers, but since they could not fit a mobile number with the national indicator, they just truncated it. Normally we also have items left at the Taberna opposite our postbox ... but again, there is no way to pass on this information via the systems used. I don' t live on the moon, the drop-point is 50 metres from the main Lisbon-Albufeira road..... so other carriers have no problem (Worten even delivered a washing machine to us next day, to our door and without needing to be guided in!)

However, I raised all these issues regarding the address details both with the carrier and Amazon on June 4th.... yet the carrier has just claimed to have attempted another delivery on Friday..... which "failed" due to incorrect details. No phonecall, no sign of them at the Taberna (and believe me, nothing passes the Taberna without being spotted!!)

The other issue is the hosepipe (50m) which has simply vanished from the system after leaving Amazon in Madrid on June 4th!!

I too hope for a successful outcome..... but it's hard work!!!

Last edited by macliam; Jun 13th 2021 at 11:41 am.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 2:06 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered entering GPS coordinates on one of the spare address lines. This seems to improve the delivery rate for me, only DPD have failed since I started doing that.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 3:16 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Score76
Have you considered entering GPS coordinates on one of the spare address lines. This seems to improve the delivery rate for me, only DPD have failed since I started doing that.
Given that Correos Express ignore the localidade and anything else that doesn't comply with their system, I'm not sure that would work.

However, I provided the GPS coords both of my house AND the drop point to Amazon and CE, but apparently they've ignored them. As they say, you can take a horse to water......... except in this case a donkey might be more appropriate!

Seriously though, I have asked Amazon to suggest how a further repeat if this fiasco might be avoided.... but so far they are stil providing 90% stock responses, not answers. I have requested escalation, so let's see if that gets anywhere....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.