Frontex Border Guard

Old May 14th 2020, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by A Romanian
in my opinion, the simplest and most logical explantion would be that the Romanians and the Spanish were just better, no offense intended to other nationalities
No offence but that is ridiculous. The average police officer in Romania was paid around 350 euros a month in 2017. So I think that says enough about what the simplest and most logical explanation is for a high number of applicants from Romania. And don't get me wrong, I've worked with Romanian police officers before and I'm not saying they are bad but they're definitely not better in any way than other European police officers. Unfortunately from the available data they're poorly equipped and underpaid, therefore lack of motivation and bribery are often present. "Likewise, the majority of citizens perceive bribery and abuse of power as being common among Romanian police officers (European Commission, Feb. 2014)"
Old May 14th 2020, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yiannis1
Does anyone know what is the difference between the two steps regarding the money?Why is the step 2 better paid? Does the years of duty matter or what?
Yes, that is correct. Border guards will be divided into different pay grades based on their position and into steps based on years of experience.
Old May 14th 2020, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MiguelAD
I don't remember well if it was on Finkedin, facebook or Twitter, but in the comments that were generated after an Fx post, a British guy asked the Agency if he, in his situation and anticipating the approaching BREXIT, could run for office and be eligible.
Frontex replied personally confirming that YES he could run, as nothing changed with respect to British nationals in relation to BREXIT.
I think that might be incorrect. I know what comment you're talking about and if I'm not mistaken, Frontex replied that you need to be a citizen of one of the Member States of the European Union or the Schengen Associated Countries and enjoy full rights as its citizen on the day of your application. And since that was in 2019 all the UK citizens could apply without a problem. However, that will probably be different for the next recruitment process.
Old May 14th 2020, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Yiannis1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
Yes, that is correct. Border guards will be divided into different pay grades based on their position and into steps based on years of experience.
Thanks..
Old May 14th 2020, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Juzhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, as I understand the salary shown in table above is after remuneration applied? Because it states that after all deductions. Thanks
Old May 14th 2020, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Juzhu
Hello guys, as I understand the salary shown in table above is after remuneration applied? Because it states that after all deductions. Thanks
Yes these numbers are after taxes.
Old May 14th 2020, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tkadunc;12852802]No offence but that is ridiculous. The average police officer in Romania was paid around 350 euros a month in 2017. So I think that says enough about what the simplest and most logical explanation is for a high number of applicants from Romania. And don't get me wrong, I've worked with Romanian police officers before and I'm not saying they are bad but they're definitely not better in any way than other European police officers. Unfortunately from the available data they're poorly equipped and underpaid, therefore lack of motivation and bribery are often present. "Likewise, the majority of citizens perceive bribery and abuse of power as being common among Romanian police officers (European Commission, Feb. 2014)" .

It was never 350 €/month, not even minimum, and you are talking about average. I gained 500 in 2011 when i resigned and since then it improved alot. You and my fellow romanian should stop with this kind of debates here. We are all here for a common purpose. If any of you consider than a nation is better than the other, well, you are in the wrong place. If we will work together, we will wear the same uniform, we will have the same rights and obligations and we will speak the same language.
Old May 14th 2020, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A Romanian
in my opinion, the simplest and most logical explantion would be that the Romanians and the Spanish were just better, no offence intended to other nationalities
Stop embarassing yourself and other romanians by claiming such nonsense. If you want to work with Frontex, leave your stupid romanian pride at home! <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 17th 2020 at 4:43 pm. Reason: As per site rules - English only pls
Old May 14th 2020, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IONUT
Stop embarassing yourself and other romanians by claiming such nonsense. If you want to work with Frontex, leave your stupid romanian pride at home! Nici aici nu vă puteți abține?
+ 1

Admin, please ban this kind of malicious comments. This so-called "A Romanian" should first learn something more about the "respect for diversity" ...
Old May 14th 2020, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

It was never 350 €/month, not even minimum, and you are talking about average. I gained 500 in 2011 when i resigned and since then it improved alot. You and my fellow romanian should stop with this kind of debates here. We are all here for a common purpose. If any of you consider than a nation is better than the other, well, you are in the wrong place. If we will work together, we will wear the same uniform, we will have the same rights and obligations and we will speak the same language.[/QUOTE]

+1 I agree with you Ionut.
Old May 14th 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

galactus is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two steps regarding the money?Why is the step 2 better paid? Does the years of duty matter or what?
for the colleagues more informed than me, can somebody provide examples or more precise information regarding the salaries we will receive? i didn't understand this correction coefficient, since the salaries in the selection notice are net payable.
thank you and goodluck to everyone, since we still need it!
Old May 14th 2020, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

galactus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
It was never 350 €/month, not even minimum, and you are talking about average. I gained 500 in 2011 when i resigned and since then it improved alot. You and my fellow romanian should stop with this kind of debates here. We are all here for a common purpose. If any of you consider than a nation is better than the other, well, you are in the wrong place. If we will work together, we will wear the same uniform, we will have the same rights and obligations and we will speak the same language.
+1 I agree with you Ionut.[/QUOTE]
+2 definitely in the wrong place, and probably there isn't such a place for discussions of differences between EU countries/nations/police officers.
Old May 14th 2020, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by galactus
for the colleagues more informed than me, can somebody provide examples or more precise information regarding the salaries we will receive? i didn't understand this correction coefficient, since the salaries in the selection notice are net payable.
thank you and goodluck to everyone, since we still need it!
If someone knows for sure,i would like to know more details about the payments.
Old May 14th 2020, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

If someone knows for sure,i would like to know more details about the payments.
I think the most reliable source is the one from the selection notice. it will depend a lot on the country of deployment. Nothing is clear though, we can just speculate, and so far almost all the speculations from the forum failed

Last edited by IONUT; May 14th 2020 at 1:03 pm.
Old May 14th 2020, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

A Romanian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
No offence but that is ridiculous. The average police officer in Romania was paid around 350 euros a month in 2017. So I think that says enough about what the simplest and most logical explanation is for a high number of applicants from Romania. And don't get me wrong, I've worked with Romanian police officers before and I'm not saying they are bad but they're definitely not better in any way than other European police officers. Unfortunately from the available data they're poorly equipped and underpaid, therefore lack of motivation and bribery are often present. "Likewise, the majority of citizens perceive bribery and abuse of power as being common among Romanian police officers Feb. 2014)"
It appears that you have no idea how a selection process develops from the very begining to the very end. From my experience, 23 years of police, on national and international level, with UN, UE and OSCE missions, the best candidates are selected from a pool of candidates for a certain position. This has nothing to do with salaries or the corruption you mentioned. From what you said, one may believe that you are frustrated and discriminating. The fact that you are trying to back your beliefs, by referring to EC materials, it.s both sad and questionable. Instead of doing this, I suggest you learn better, train harder and you will succeed too. Otherwise, the next selection process may conclude, again, that you are not the candidate they were looking for. Again, I apologize for those who do not share your narrow view and poor understanding of how things work. I suggest we both stop here this dialogue. Wish you best and good luck next time✌

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.