BERMUDA POLICE

Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:07 pm
Banned

Bermudabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Originally Posted by Jezzer B
Thanks for the info re immigration Fabled Bananna, I've tried to PM you but can't untill I've done 3 posts.....
Jezza B and Fabled...
Sounds like you're part of the 'new batch'. I think they'll want to progress you lot quickly such was the fiasco surrounding the last lot.

I will be actually joining the service on March 3rd. (I leave on the 24th Feb). So if you need any advice please contact me. I'll give you a few tips on the interview if you so wish!

I'm a bit lucky in that I have been recruited specifically for their intel unit. Such was my background in the UK. Most people have to do a few years in uniform. But another guy I met is joining as a DC in the Narcotics Dept.

I had a tour of the department last year and although it does need some improvements there is huge potential.
If your interviews are not until April you may consider spending a few days here and meet some of the people, as I did. If fact, if my place is ready by then you can drop by!

With a bit of luck my work in the intel will enable more pro-active tasking for those of you in the front line. And not just wasting your time going from call to call.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

I've spoken to them and this is seperate from us who already have been offered jobs. Apparently we are unaffected by this new stuff.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:23 pm
Banned

Jezzer B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
I've spoken to them and this is seperate from us who already have been offered jobs. Apparently we are unaffected by this new stuff.
Hi Daisy, did they give you a start date? Just wondering as my interview is in April and I was hoping to start (if successful) a few months after. Any interview tips would be greatly appreciated. Jez
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Hi Daisy, did they give you a start date? Just wondering as my interview is in April and I was hoping to start (if successful) a few months after. Any interview tips would be greatly appreciated. Jez
Sorry Jezzer - we were all interviewed in September 2008 and those that were given conditional offers had to complete medicals and drugs tests at our own expense to send to them. We're all still waiting for start dates even now.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info re immigration Fabled Bananna, I've tried to PM you but can't untill I've done 3 posts.....
Immigration wasn't the problem - money was. They took a bit of a nose dive when the recession hit because a lot of their money comes from the finance industry in the US.

Just a tip though - look at the price of renting. The Pay is good their, but you'll lose a lot of it in rent straight away (an I'm talking between $3,500 - to $5,000 a month just for a 2 bedroomed place). The cost of living is a lot higher too and you'll never afford to buy over there - most properties start around the $1,000,000 mark.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

csbrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Purchase of properties by non-Bermudians requires a license and payment of a fee of 22% of the value of the property. My understanding is that fee is supposed to be rising. Unless you have a ton of coin saved up you will need to rent.

Good luck to all of you in the process.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csbrew
Purchase of properties by non-Bermudians requires a license and payment of a fee of 22% of the value of the property. My understanding is that fee is supposed to be rising. Unless you have a ton of coin saved up you will need to rent.

Good luck to all of you in the process.
Oh yeah - I forget to add that bit. Thanks. And also not all properties are available to buy, or even rent, to non-bermudians.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:57 pm
Banned

Sorry Jezzer - we were all interviewed in September 2008 and those that were given conditional offers had to complete medicals and drugs tests at our own expense to send to them. We're all still waiting for start dates even now.
Still no start date yet you were interviewed in Sept 2008? That doesn't sound good or at all organised. How can they justify such a long delay? It must be more than money..... These Offshore Banking Islands have loads of cash.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:59 pm
Banned

Oh yeah - I forget to add that bit. Thanks. And also not all properties are available to buy, or even rent, to non-bermudians.
Rent wise - I'd be looking at sharing with fellow cop, a nice bachelor pad in the tropics!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Still no start date yet you were interviewed in Sept 2008? That doesn't sound good or at all organised. How can they justify such a long delay? It must be more than money..... These Offshore Banking Islands have loads of cash.
Not when the companies there were mainly American and they withdrew they don't.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

csbrew is an unknown quantity at this point

DaisyD,
If you get a chance please check your inbox...I sent you a PM.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Bermudez999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it really the case that funds for a police constabulary have anything to do with investment banks, recession etc. There are monies in the Government coffers and there is an allocation policy. In a recession is it not more likely there will be increased demands upon a constabulary and call for greater funds. As with all governments, there are budgetary considerations and most talk about ‘value for money’ which just means spend as little on something and squeeze as much out.

Read the on-line press and ask yourself some questions; why does the Bermuda Government want control of the police? Is there an alternative agenda to minimising the Bermuda police budget? Is the gang warfare, taking over the island, beneficial to anyone?

With regard to the cash flow, if you need to know where the money haemorrhage is, why not try:

www.bermuda.org.uk/485_million.htm

www.bermuda.org.uk/lost_file.htm

www.bermuda.org.uk/more_silence.htm

Having read the above, the obvious questions are “who took all the money and why have they not been caught?”. But if the offences are not investigated appropriately ….

Bermuda … magical islands; the only magic being practiced however appears to be the illusory actions, considered magical by naive observers, that enable huge sums of money to disappear.

Having considered that little lot, are there people in Government who are quite happy that the island has the distraction of gangs, killing and other crime (plus a high road fatality rate) to keep everyone’s mind off whose hands are in the till.

So, when joining the Bermuda police, my advice: go in with eyes wide open and mouth firmly shut … and don’t forget to squirrel away as much copy correspondence as you can – you never know when you may need it!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:30 pm
Banned

Just curious, but, if you completed the medical and drugs tests in 2008 they would surely require more recent ones before you were employed. I'm not going to spend cash on these tests (if successful) more than once. Have they reimbursed you yet?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:20 pm
Banned

Bermudabound is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious, but, if you completed the medical and drugs tests in 2008 they would surely require more recent ones before you were employed. I'm not going to spend cash on these tests (if successful) more than once. Have they reimbursed you yet?
Jezzer,
I cant speak for the others but I suspect they like me, will be reimbursed for medical expenses upon arrival in Bermuda.

A doctor I was speaking with did specify that the medical results were good for a period of 12 months from date of exam, then you would be correct in thinking new tests have to be taken.

On a side note, I got my ticket for travel through today and the international shipment company came on Friday to pack and ship my frieght.

All seems very efficient and going according to plan
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bermudabound
Jezzer,
I cant speak for the others but I suspect they like me, will be reimbursed for medical expenses upon arrival in Bermuda.

A doctor I was speaking with did specify that the medical results were good for a period of 12 months from date of exam, then you would be correct in thinking new tests have to be taken.

On a side note, I got my ticket for travel through today and the international shipment company came on Friday to pack and ship my frieght.

All seems very efficient and going according to plan
Thanks for that information, can I ask how long after you were interviewed did your ticket arrive? Your experience (and mine to a certain degree) so far seems quite different to others on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.