BERMUDA POLICE

Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:18 pm
Banned

Bermudabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Originally Posted by Jezzer B
Thanks for that information, can I ask how long after you were interviewed did your ticket arrive? Your experience (and mine to a certain degree) so far seems quite different to others on here.
Jezzer,
I was interviewed in September 09. However I did not get a formal offer until November for some reason. (That was the only unusual dealy as far as I was concerned).

They said I'd get my flight tickets / intiniary approx 1 month before departure. So that was near enough spot on.

Have you heard anything more?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:54 pm
Banned

Jezzer B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudabound
Jezzer,
I was interviewed in September 09. However I did not get a formal offer until November for some reason. (That was the only unusual dealy as far as I was concerned).

They said I'd get my flight tickets / intiniary approx 1 month before departure. So that was near enough spot on.

Have you heard anything more?
That all sounds quite promising. I haven't heard anything more apart from the interview date. I was sent some information about the Force and Bermuda. They have recently contacted Personnel for copies of my appraisals and confirmation of skills. it's all moving along nicely!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:18 pm
Banned

Bermudabound is an unknown quantity at this point

That all sounds quite promising. I haven't heard anything more apart from the interview date. I was sent some information about the Force and Bermuda. They have recently contacted Personnel for copies of my appraisals and confirmation of skills. it's all moving along nicely!
Jez,
I've PM'd you, some really interesting news!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Just curious, but, if you completed the medical and drugs tests in 2008 they would surely require more recent ones before you were employed. I'm not going to spend cash on these tests (if successful) more than once. Have they reimbursed you yet?
Mine were done throughout 2009. They do say they will reimburse you when you're there, but at this rate I suspect a lot of people will be billing them anyway. You'll see there are quite a few on here that are still waiting to hear anything.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

mhfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I am still waiting to hear something/anything from BPS, I received a conditional job offer (based on medicals etc) in Toronto on Sept 6 2008 and my conditional job offer expires March 2010. I'm a little disappointed that they have gone ahead to recruit new people rather than deal - in one way or another- with the people that they have already given hope to. Having said that- congrats to the successful candidates. I envy you.
If anyone hears anything about Canadian officers being hired, or more overseas recruiting drives occurring at any time, I would love to hear about it.

Cheers, and stay safe everyone.

Mike
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mhfoster
Hi everyone

I am still waiting to hear something/anything from BPS, I received a conditional job offer (based on medicals etc) in Toronto on Sept 6 2008 and my conditional job offer expires March 2010. I'm a little disappointed that they have gone ahead to recruit new people rather than deal - in one way or another- with the people that they have already given hope to. Having said that- congrats to the successful candidates. I envy you.
If anyone hears anything about Canadian officers being hired, or more overseas recruiting drives occurring at any time, I would love to hear about it.

Cheers, and stay safe everyone.

Mike
Mike, I can see why you are concerned, Other people have been offered interviews and yet they are refusing to honour their conditional offer to you.... I'm a bit concerned and I haven't even been to my interview yet! Have you asked the Recruiting Dept 'what is going on'?

I see they are after AFO's - this might be why I was 'fast tracked' but as a Canadian Officer you would be routinely armed wouldn't you?
Cheers Jez
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

yes, i am routinely armed plus serve on a collateral duty basis with a tactical response team. so i am mystified, and frankly just wish they would simply say `piss off' rather than just say nothing.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:11 pm
Banned

yes, i am routinely armed plus serve on a collateral duty basis with a tactical response team. so i am mystified, and frankly just wish they would simply say `piss off' rather than just say nothing.
As per the last ad in Police Review, they are in need of AFO'S. Get on to them!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

i have! phone, email, fax....next option- carrier pigeon!

thanks brother.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:21 pm
Banned

i have! phone, email, fax....next option- carrier pigeon!

thanks brother.
What about going out there ? Bermudabound did this and he's sorted with a job......
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

I'm thinking about that. I have also got a line on some senior BPS members gonna be close by on my turf for a training thingy some time soon. I have half a mind to invite them for a fraternal feed at my local `hot women and cold beers' establishment, and just ask them straight out what I oughta do.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:26 pm
Banned

I'm thinking about that. I have also got a line on some senior BPS members gonna be close by on my turf for a training thingy some time soon. I have half a mind to invite them for a fraternal feed at my local `hot women and cold beers' establishment, and just ask them straight out what I oughta do.
That I think would work in your favour!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Well, gotta tread carefully, I know that there are a lot of very religious types on the BPS, and I also don't wanna be seen as trying to get hired because I bought someone a few pints...just to get some advice I suppose, and then if someone there chooses to champion my cause back at Prospect HQ, then so be it.

Thanks for the info and encouragement Jezzer. maybe I shall see you there!

(failing getting on with them, I may be out for the rugby 7's and/or the marathon in 2011, so maybe our paths will cross!)
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:38 pm
Banned

Well, gotta tread carefully, I know that there are a lot of very religious types on the BPS, and I also don't wanna be seen as trying to get hired because I bought someone a few pints...just to get some advice I suppose, and then if someone there chooses to champion my cause back at Prospect HQ, then so be it.

Thanks for the info and encouragement Jezzer. maybe I shall see you there!

(failing getting on with them, I may be out for the rugby 7's and/or the marathon in 2011, so maybe our paths will cross!)
You never know, our paths may cross. I hope so. The religiousness is very hypocritical (so my sources tell me) PM Bermudabound - he's a top bloke.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Bob-le-ponge is an unknown quantity at this point

I am waiting for an interview next week after answering the AFO advert in police review. I am in two minds as to whether it is a good idea.

Has anyone any advice on how viable it is moving out there with a family? Any housing allowances paid etc.

It would appear that the cost of renting a suitable property would be prohibitive?

It seems that the service is trying to professionalise its firearms response but reading some comments posted I'm not sure if I would be part of a solution or end having to bite my lip and get frustrated.

Any views on schooling and jobs for spouses, nursing in particular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.