Bermuda Police

Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:55 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Bermuda Police

Originally Posted by DamianBlade
I sent my package out the other week and when the UPS tracking said that they received it I followed up with a phone call just to confirm someone has it, but apparently the HR people down there are useless... I asked if they received it and all she said is if the tracking says they they signed for it that they "PROBABLY" have it... what good is that!?!? lol... !
Welcome to the Caribbean! (Or northern Caribbean).
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudez999
Judging by the post, you appear over qualified for the BPS.
You get a truncheon - you will need to develop eyes in the back of your head. Body armour is not an option; it is considered inappropriate as it hinders the effective operation of police supervisors who are inclined to back-stab.
Helmets are standard issue as the primary role of an efficient Bermuda police is to attract tourists.
UK officers, if trained in Bermuda are permitted to drive police cars when trained (after a substantial period of time) but on a 21 sq. mile island, you'd be better off walking. Driving provides another means by which you can be disciplined - crashing, leaving dirty, allegedly climbing on .... been there, done that!
Caution ... you'll be pleased to know that no one really cares. 'You’re nicked' can work but it appears the legal system operates on a balanced basis; neither the crooks nor the criminals are considered to be telling the

truth. You might like to try "you are not obliged to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not at least try to come up with something plausible to save me the effort of putting damning words into your mouth”. Do remember “it’s a fair cop Gov’ “ has already been exhausted as a reply, even in Bermuda.
PACE has yet to take hold primarily because the island’s constabulary has yet to take to the idea of requiring ‘evidence’ to prosecute. It will come and one day the island may even have a Data Protection Act though I would not hold my breath that a Freedom of Information Act will arrive soon … ask yourself what civilised country would not promote such legislation. Do the public authorities have something to hide?
Speaking of which, do take a look at http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Category:Bermuda and http://www.bermuda.org.uk/ewart_brown.htm ... so many people to investigate … so little inclination.
Like lambs to the slaughter they just keep flocking. This poster has it perfectly right. I speak from experience and I got out without a blemish. If you do nothing else even if you have orders to go check out the website:

http://www.bermuda.org.uk/

At least then you will go in with your eyes open. I know, I know, it won't be like that for me mate I'm different.... Unfortunately, I and many others have heard it all before. It seems almost impossible that the website above is telling the truth but it really is absolutely true. And its not my website.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

I know Jon hasn't got a date yet, but how about the rest of you? How is your recruitment process going?