Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Oddities in the Philippines

Oddities in the Philippines

Old Dec 12th 2021, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oddities in the Philippines

Yes, those corn syrups in nearly everything the young like. My wife drinks the diluted lemon unsweetened but like most people I prefer some sweetness and pure honey is so expensive. Sugar wouldn't make the drink smooth. Just a teaspoon of that honey syrup.. Apart from sweetening those syrups apparently thicken and keep foods fresher by maintaining moisture, so not all bad.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Not fake but definitely deceptive:

Old Dec 13th 2021, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Not fake but definitely deceptive:

Often a casual grance won't te!l you and you need to revert to the ingredients.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Was in the bank the other day taking out Ph50k in Ph1,000 notes. The girl did not have any so a quick ask and one other gave her a clipped bunch of notes that had obviously been paid in by another customer. She hand counted the bunch of 1,000s then took one out, recounted them by hand and then put them in the machine which showed it was Ph50k. Surely it would be quicker to just remove one from the pile and put it in the counting machine. Or maybe that is just too obvious.
Old Jan 22nd 2022, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

fear is the key, if they go short they get salary deduction....so no chances are taken
Old Mar 4th 2022, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

The other night we got broken into which I noticed at about 02:30am so we checked everything, wife had lost about P3,000 from her wallet and a bunch of relatively inexpensive jewelry. So off to the police she went, meanwhile I noticed my shampoo bottle had been moved from the window where he got in and a muddy hand print above the window. Six police turned up to check the place out, they only had one torch so they had to take it in turns to do the checking outside. I offered them the shampoo bottle and pointed out the hand print for finger print evidence, no they were not interested in that, on the way out of the house I pointed to next doors CCTV camera and suggested that they could ask them later in the day if there was anything on there, they never bothered to ask them. As I knew who had done it ( he had been in before while under age ) I suggested to the police that he would be safer locked up than if I caught him, they agreed and basically left it up to me to hand out any punishment. Just wondering what the 35 or so police do in such a small village
Old Mar 4th 2022, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously not a lot !
Old Mar 4th 2022, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
..... As I knew who had done it ( he had been in before while under age ) I suggested to the police that he would be safer locked up than if I caught him, they agreed and basically left it up to me to hand out any punishment. ....
Your thief is lucky that he's not living in the US. Entering a home in the US for the purpose of theft, or in fact for any purpose not at the invitation of the owner or tenant, is often a mistake that people only make once.
Old Mar 4th 2022, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had occasion recently to report someone to the police for attempted deception. They did nothing. The person had a record with them for the same thing. Are they all that concerned if it involves an Expat?

Stokkevn, you never got that dog, did you?
Old Mar 5th 2022, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
We had occasion recently to report someone to the police for attempted deception. They did nothing. The person had a record with them for the same thing. Are they all that concerned if it involves an Expat?

Stokkevn, you never got that dog, did you?
I was thinking of advertising "Two F***ing useless dogs for sale" but he got in over the ground floor roof at the back of the house, so the dogs were forgiven.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

On my Jeepney trip this morning I saw a first, man, wife and baby on a motorbike, I hear you say nothing odd with that except that the baby was breast feeding. I think that must be a first.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

On my Jeepney trip this morning I saw a first, man, wife and baby on a motorbike, I hear you say nothing odd with that except that the baby was breast feeding. I think that must be a first.
I hope it wasn't sitting on the gas tank at the time.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I hope it wasn't sitting on the gas tank at the time.
No baby and mother were pillion passengers.
Old Jun 25th 2022, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have noticed that some of the vehicles going over the sleeping policeman out the back of our house turn their lights out before going over it and then turn them back on about 20m down the road. Any ideas?
Old Jun 25th 2022, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have noticed that some of the vehicles going over the sleeping policeman out the back of our house turn their lights out before going over it and then turn them back on about 20m down the road. Any ideas?
Perhaps they think the shock of bumping over the obstacle will break the hot filament in the bulb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.