NCR llockdown

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
To both Red ape and Mikemike. You can can believe what you wish. I have seen that statement from the PNP chief which was issued a few days ago. I suspect the information was passed on by those who were informed by the US embassy advising them to move because of the possible unrest. I personally can see that happening soon.

As far as MikeK1 is concerned only he can say what he did with the photo. Not me
I hate to say this P11 but as a lurker on your thread about your family I now have a serious doubts about the veracity of the whole story. I'll believe you when Mike1 posts the supposed photo but I suspect thats not going to happen.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
To both Red ape and Mikemike. You can can believe what you wish. I have seen that statement from the PNP chief which was issued a few days ago. I suspect the information was passed on by those who were informed by the US embassy advising them to move because of the possible unrest. I personally can see that happening soon.

As far as MikeK1 is concerned only he can say what he did with the photo. Not me
i do believe what I wish

more importantly I disbelieve bola bola when I sniff it. That any sane intelligent person can believe that such a poorly crafted statement is official suggests they have lost the plot. To the point that any other posts they make or may have made be treated with same thoughts.

Things are hard enough for people here without irresponsible and plain dumb posts being made.

I wonder how offended US embassy staff are at being accused of making such poorly crafted ''official'' statements.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

More disasters with this virus. Went to have my hair cut again today but barbers still shut, there are 3 guys who cut hair and normally at least one is there. The security guard opposite told me that it has been shut for over 2 weeks. Apparently someone told them they had to use lots of alcohol to keep from getting the virus but seemed to have neglected to tell them it was for washing their hands and face, so they have been on a two week bender with Tanduay. Still a pony tail is in fashion apparently.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Try to have your beard trimmed when the barber insists you wear a mask!
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't the first time this has happened.With a very convincing announcement template, too. Amazing what photoshop can produce!

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/fa...-vfa-scrapping
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 5:55 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
This isn't the first time this has happened.With a very convincing announcement template, too. Amazing what photoshop can produce!

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/fa...-vfa-scrapping
Some people are easily fooled. They'll believe anything even when all evidence points to the contrary
Old Mar 24th 2020, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
More disasters with this virus. Went to have my hair cut again today but barbers still shut, there are 3 guys who cut hair and normally at least one is there. The security guard opposite told me that it has been shut for over 2 weeks. Apparently someone told them they had to use lots of alcohol to keep from getting the virus but seemed to have neglected to tell them it was for washing their hands and face, so they have been on a two week bender with Tanduay. Still a pony tail is in fashion apparently.
What's important is not just grocery and medical. As well as barber shops it seems to me there are a number of other useful and necessary services that with certain protocols could be operated quite safely during the coming months. Eg last week no notary publics were open locally, all small car shops were shut, hardwares too. Yet a housing construction site was still working near us. Even two branches of a regional chain of pawn shops were shut, with no notices outside. People need something to do as well as to earn money.

Guidance can be tweaked eg quantity restrictions at supermarkets are causing problems for Sari Sari stores.

How long can the government here afford to support poor families? If as seems likely we are looking at a wave of virus spread middle class families will also begin to run out of money. The Philippines is not big for online shopping, so a small government budget with many more months of lockdown will ruin the economy. People will get sick, or sicker, and maybe die from other existing physical or mental health conditions because they can't afford their medicines.

Some relaxation of the lockdown after the first month can mitigate the damage. I think the Barangays must be wanting to be less restrictive, but are being stopped by those at the top..
Old Mar 24th 2020, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly enough we ran out of cooking gas this morning. The usual source advised that were not allowed in as not exempt from the lock down!! Had to go get it myself passes in and passes out etc etc
Old Mar 24th 2020, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
What's important is not just grocery and medical. As well as barber shops it seems to me there are a number of other useful and necessary services that with certain protocols could be operated quite safely during the coming months. Eg last week no notary publics were open locally, all small car shops were shut, hardwares too. Yet a housing construction site was still working near us. Even two branches of a regional chain of pawn shops were shut, with no notices outside. People need something to do as well as to earn money.

Guidance can be tweaked eg quantity restrictions at supermarkets are causing problems for Sari Sari stores.

How long can the government here afford to support poor families? If as seems likely we are looking at a wave of virus spread middle class families will also begin to run out of money. The Philippines is not big for online shopping, so a small government budget with many more months of lockdown will ruin the economy. People will get sick, or sicker, and maybe die from other existing physical or mental health conditions because they can't afford their medicines.

Some relaxation of the lockdown after the first month can mitigate the damage. I think the Barangays must be wanting to be less restrictive, but are being stopped by those at the top..
Agree entirely. Had to get a quarantine pass to enter town.

I see on the news that some parts of manilla will have a 24 hour curfew in the coming days. They say its to combat the virus. I don't believe that for one moment.

Troops and police abound here where we have been locked down for about one week now

​​​​​​Regards

Old Mar 24th 2020, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

we have a 24 hour lockdown with exemptions as identified

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fam...43C?li=AAnZ9Ug

This has been in place since sunday, passes are free and car tyres are being sprayed
Old Mar 25th 2020, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

The main Philpost recently closed here in Paranaque. Obviously not seen as an essential public service!

So once you are able to find a bank manager, doctor etc actually at his or her desk to sign your "Proof of Life" form it may be difficult to find a Philpost open.. But even if you can I'm guessing the service might be poor as passenger flights to the UK are greatly reduced. So an alternative like LBC, whose offices seem to be open, might be better. Even if costing a lot more.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Don't count on LBC, offices they declared open have not been in operation since the lockdown started. Suggest a Skype call to DWP.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Forget what I have just posted about calling DWP.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Don't count on LBC, offices they declared open have not been in operation since the lockdown started. Suggest a Skype call to DWP.
Maybe, but I found one open today in Paranaque. Long wait social distanced outside though.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

barangay Bel air in makati have in effect closed 7/11 and other food/grocery stores to non Bel air residents. To enter you have to have a Bel air Barangay pass. So much for ensuring vital foo supplierss are exempted from draconian stupidity when local despots can behave like this. The main footfall for such places in that area is the BPO industry, You know the one that has NATIONAL exempt status not recognised by Barangay Bel air!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.