Moving to.philippnes

Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to.philippnes

Originally Posted by jaygee68
"Electricity. About £10 pm. I live alone and dont use the ac here. I prefer a fan. In the UK from memory I was paying about £150 pm."

You must have been one of the UK's biggest weed cultivators with an electric bill that size every month!!
Fair point. As I said from memory I was paying about £150 pm.....perhaps my memory is fading after over 6 yrs away. But then I was living with my wife and two kids. Here my landlady has said that my electricity bill is lower than most of the others. In this small compound there are I believe 6 dwellings and we all have our separate meters tied into the landlady's house. All but one use air con. I dont. At my last place when there were two of us, average bill was 2300 php.....with aircon about 2800. Each area as you know has different tariffs and mine works out at about 10 php per KW. I have one fan, TV, fridge, lighting (not candles) and electric kettle used once in the morning. No immersion heater for showers.

HTH
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Johnkalbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Fair point. As I said from memory I was paying about £150 pm.....perhaps my memory is fading after over 6 yrs away. But then I was living with my wife and two kids. Here my landlady has said that my electricity bill is lower than most of the others. In this small compound there are I believe 6 dwellings and we all have our separate meters tied into the landlady's house. All but one use air con. I dont. At my last place when there were two of us, average bill was 2300 php.....with aircon about 2800. Each area as you know has different tariffs and mine works out at about 10 php per KW. I have one fan, TV, fridge, lighting (not candles) and electric kettle used once in the morning. No immersion heater for showers.

HTH
sounds about right to me mate where in uk are you from we are in West Yorkshire
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
P11 states that he does not cook and eats at his local restrobar. If he were to cook he would notice the price of, butter, cheese, milk, yogurt, chocolate, beef, fish ( gone expensive) pork , bread ,condiments etc.
I don’t know if he cleans his house, but the price of washing powder, bleach, soap etc is expensive.
To answer your two posts. I cannot compare fruit with the UK because I never did the shopping then. But since I have been here bananas have remained static at between 60 - 70 php per kilo. How does that compare with the UK. Oranges I believe are imported so expect to pay more. I pay between 20 -25 php each for my dose of vitamin C. Apples I never buy because I believe are imported and tasteless .Talk to the locals? Certainly do. Rice is capped and so is pork and also I believe chicken. Never heard a complaint, but there again most are happy with dried fish and rice etc. Inflation twice what is reported? I see no evidence of that. I dont buy veggies so I cannot comment. If it is so expensive all the more reason for eating out. The house hold items you mention I dont buy. I buy lots of toilet roll because I have been suffering from a heavy cold for the past month or so. 10php per roll.......No idea of the cost in the UK. Do I clean the house? Let me say this, if bleach and soap has risen in price by a few peso, I havent noticed it. Besides an extra few peso if that is the case is not going to break the bank.

Oil prices. You are obviously unaware that demand for oil has increased over the past few months and supply has dropped. Resulting in increased prices at the pump world wide. Oil prices have climbed about 60% this year to highs of approaching nearly 80 USD a barrel earlier this month. As an example, in the US price per gallon has risen to an all time high of over $3 per gallon (poor sods) and could nearly double that in the near to medium future. So it is a world wide problem....not just affecting the Philippines. We are all in the same boat.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jul 15th 2021 at 2:12 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Johnkalbo
sounds about right to me mate where in uk are you from we are in West Yorkshire
I am a mongrel. In that my father was in the Army and therefor moved every 3 years or so. Joined the RAF and again spent 24 years all over the UK and the world. Originally born in Berkshire and eventually retired from the RAF and spent 24 years in N. Lincs. in between Scunthorpe and Grimsby. Next to Humberside Airport and was self employed. Incidentally, I have a son in Leeds who runs the Thai Restaurant there.

Regards
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

I am a mongrel. In that my father was in the Army and therefor moved every 3 years or so. Joined the RAF and again spent 24 years all over the UK and the world. Originally born in Berkshire and eventually retired from the RAF and spent 24 years in N. Lincs. in between Scunthorpe and Grimsby. Next to Humberside Airport. I have a son in Leeds who runs the Thai Restaurant there.

Regards
so been about a.bit I.lived uk Cyprus Thailand philippines tell you what the UK.is being destroyed I only came back for mum who was suffering from dementia
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

so been about a.bit I.lived uk Cyprus Thailand philippines tell you what the UK.is being destroyed I only came back for mum who was suffering from dementia
Think we should move this conversation to private message so we don't get away from the crux of the thread and my anonymity if you don't mind. Thanks!

Regards
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Think we should move this conversation to private message so we don't get away from the crux of the thread and my anonymity if you don't mind. Thanks!

Regards
agreed
I am new on this site has it got the capacity for private or use messenger

Last edited by Johnkalbo; Jul 15th 2021 at 1:23 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

agreed
I am new on this site has it got the capacity for private or use messenger
found it on the search bar
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I don't know how you manage 650 pesos a month for electricty we use about 5000 which is nearly twice our UK combined gas and electric. My free UK medication is about 4000 a month here. I think you are also under estimating the rate of inflation here as well.
I use electricity all the time. I don't have gas. Nor do I use candles. I don't know how many people are in your family but before when there was two of us . It was max about 3800.. I know you have read my story and I also had two lodgers living adjoining my house. So in fact 4 in all...plus one boy.. all the ex pats there were paying slightly less than me. Which I can well understand. Maybe you have your Aircon all the time or some one has tapped into your supply. Here I pay approx 10 PHP per kwh .... with no add ons. But that maybe included in the price by my land lady.

Regards
Old Jul 15th 2021, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

So to all.expats living in philippines are glad you are there.or.have you no.other option as in you have burt your boats
Old Jul 15th 2021, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

I would never call my boat burt, maybe bertha.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Raffin
I would never call my boat burt, maybe bertha.
yup I am the same always leave a door to open the reason I asked this, 9 out of ten while I was in Angeles stated they would never go back to there home land I wounder what has happened to them now a lot of them were daddy's in the bar !!
Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

But since I have been here bananas have remained static at between 60 - 70 php per kilo. How does that compare with the UK.

Currently tesco's 50.6 pesos per kg.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
But since I have been here bananas have remained static at between 60 - 70 php per kilo. How does that compare with the UK.

Currently tesco's 50.6 pesos per kg.
But they're Cavendish I find them bland, not nearly as tasty as Lacatan.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I use electricity all the time. I don't have gas. Nor do I use candles. I don't know how many people are in your family but before when there was two of us . It was max about 3800.. I know you have read my story and I also had two lodgers living adjoining my house. So in fact 4 in all...plus one boy.. all the ex pats there were paying slightly less than me. Which I can well understand. Maybe you have your Aircon all the time or some one has tapped into your supply. Here I pay approx 10 PHP per kwh .... with no add ons. But that maybe included in the price by my land lady.

Regards
Edit.... should read 2800 max.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.