Me and My Family

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Moderator. It seems there is thread drift creeping in t.
Just keeping the thread ticking over, until our friend becomes active again but I won't post anymore, and apologies for my input (no sarcasm intended).

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 24th 2017 at 2:40 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 12:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dale-Vaness
Just keeping the thread ticking over, until our friend becomes active again but I won't post anymore, and apologies for my input (no sarcasm intended).
Don't be silly. Threads tend to drift and it's a natural phenomenon - just like if you were in the pub talking with a group of people. The conversation will sometimes take a turn into another area briefly. I'm sure the OP will be back soon, but in the meantime you don't have to go anywhere.

Bealinehx, if you have a problem with a post/poster, the correct thing to do is to report the post so the mods can see it. They are volunteers who don't read every post. The report button is just next to the karma. It's the little blue button with the white ! in it.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Why the sarcasm?
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 2:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Why the sarcasm?
What's sarcastic? You have a grand total of 49 posts here, so thought you might not know how things like that work. Oh well, so much for trying to help newish posters to understand how the forum works.

Oh, and don't bother sending another shitty PM. It's not appreciated.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 3:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there Bealinehx

Dorothy wasn't being sarky. She was genuinely offering some helpful info.

The quickest way to gain mod attention is by using the report button and leaving a message.

There is no need to leave the thread Dale-Vaness. Thread drift happens all the time on BE. If needs be one can always split posts out to make a new thread.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there Bealinehx

Dorothy wasn't being sarky. She was genuinely offering some helpful info.

The quickest way to gain mod attention is by using the report button and leaving a message.

There is no need to leave the thread Dale-Vaness. Thread drift happens all the time on BE. If needs be one can always split posts out to make a new thread.
I said I wouldn't post anymore, because of what Bealinehx has said, as it seemed it was indirectly meant for me to read, and as a criticism rather than just a general comment/observation and that they weren't happy with my input for some reason? I'm not saying it was particularly interesting, and I know I'm not a ex-pat but my wife is Filipino so naturally I'm interested in threads like this and to see how Brits living over there are coping. Yes, threads drift so no need actually for that person to post what they did, and as I said, I was just keeping it going until the OP returns. However, I won't lose any sleep over it of course.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 11:12 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...again.

Not much to report really but just updates.

Gf father failed to repay the loan on time as he promised. Does that surprise me? No...of course not. But I noted that my lovely lady (who had no money to lend him the 1k) went and spent 38k on jewelry a few days later. This was money from her profits from her on-line shop. He apparently asked her to ask me for another loan to which she told him we both have no money. Anyway, I have decided to tell her that because of Brexit and poor exchange rate, I will no longer be in a position to lend money to anyone. Now here is the clever bit (I think). When waddly sister repays the full 7k she owes, then I might be in position to give out small loans again. That puts family pressure on her. Just waiting for the right time to make the announcement and see what the reaction is.

Waddly sisters improvements to the house is now finished. Her roof is now fixed and she has a new kitchen which has been built as an extension. But, illogically, (a common word I use now), the front door still does not have a lock. It is secured by a piece of string. I think this has been paid out of the rent to the Landlord. I think out of the 10k rent, my lovely lady only paid 7.8k. If this is true, it was never discussed with me by the two sisters. But I suppose if the land lady approved, then its got nothing to do with me. But I don't like the secrecy. Also, in the past the Landlady got fed up with rent deductions due to running house maintenance (all instigated by my gf) and stated I must buy the house after one year. That year has passed and I have heard nothing more. All the work to waddly sisters house was carried out by family friends. I have noted that one side of the new extension is made out of plaster board. Just waiting for a big gust of wind.

All for now

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:46 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...again.

Not much to report really but just updates.

Gf father failed to repay the loan on time as he promised. Does that surprise me? No...of course not. But I noted that my lovely lady (who had no money to lend him the 1k) went and spent 38k on jewelry a few days later. This was money from her profits from her on-line shop. He apparently asked her to ask me for another loan to which she told him we both have no money. Anyway, I have decided to tell her that because of Brexit and poor exchange rate, I will no longer be in a position to lend money to anyone. Now here is the clever bit (I think). When waddly sister repays the full 7k she owes, then I might be in position to give out small loans again. That puts family pressure on her. Just waiting for the right time to make the announcement and see what the reaction is.

Waddly sisters improvements to the house is now finished. Her roof is now fixed and she has a new kitchen which has been built as an extension. But, illogically, (a common word I use now), the front door still does not have a lock. It is secured by a piece of string. I think this has been paid out of the rent to the Landlord. I think out of the 10k rent, my lovely lady only paid 7.8k. If this is true, it was never discussed with me by the two sisters. But I suppose if the land lady approved, then its got nothing to do with me. But I don't like the secrecy. Also, in the past the Landlady got fed up with rent deductions due to running house maintenance (all instigated by my gf) and stated I must buy the house after one year. That year has passed and I have heard nothing more. All the work to waddly sisters house was carried out by family friends. I have noted that one side of the new extension is made out of plaster board. Just waiting for a big gust of wind.

All for now
Can't wait to see how the plasterboard copes in the rain...!

Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Can't wait to see how the plasterboard copes in the rain...!
I suspect the 'board' is Artiflex, thin but water proof and , most of all termites hate it.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings..

Could be Artiflex, no idea what that is. It just looks like a thin plywood. I assumed it was temporary until something concrete went in. (pun intended). Have to smile because whereas her original outside kitchen was the other side of the house and the smoke wafted up into atmosphere, now its the other side and enclosed it goes through her house instead. Paper burning does not smell too good.

But I might have discovered something disturbing. Let me explain...

She pays the rent immediately after receiving her allowance which is the 26th of each month. The rent is due on the 11th of each month. I always had the idea that the rent was 15 days overdue....rather than the landlady wanting it early. Maybe I am wrong...but that's by the by.

So, she gets her allowance and we went to Palawan, I assumed to pay the rent. But normally once we get back home she messages the landlady to say it has been paid. This did not happen. Quickly looked at the receipt and saw it was for 7.2k. I assumed it was the rent minus deductions for waddly sisters house improvements and posted as such this morning. Checked again later and found it was for a payment to her dealer. I asked her if she had paid the rent and she said yes. I asked for the receipt as I was now collating all receipts and she could not find it. I searched where she normally places all the receipts from Palawan and nothing could be found. She was adamant she paid it and had a message this morning confirming payment which I never saw. The receipt therefore was lost. Really?

Now, I have collated all receipts but never rent receipts until earlier this month. When I rescued the receipts from a cupboard where she stores all her receipts for payment etc for her on line business, I noticed a few was missing from last year. I assumed they got lost somewhere and wasn't too concerned. I did notice a double payment last year which would account for one receipt. But, this year there is a missing payment for last month (June) also.

Soooo....there you have it. No receipts for rent for the past two months. Have they been lost...or rent not paid. That is the question. We shall see,

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:46 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings..

Could be Artiflex, no idea what that is. It just looks like a thin plywood. I assumed it was temporary until something concrete went in. (pun intended). Have to smile because whereas her original outside kitchen was the other side of the house and the smoke wafted up into atmosphere, now its the other side and enclosed it goes through her house instead. Paper burning does not smell too good.

But I might have discovered something disturbing. Let me explain...

She pays the rent immediately after receiving her allowance which is the 26th of each month. The rent is due on the 11th of each month. I always had the idea that the rent was 15 days overdue....rather than the landlady wanting it early. Maybe I am wrong...but that's by the by.

So, she gets her allowance and we went to Palawan, I assumed to pay the rent. But normally once we get back home she messages the landlady to say it has been paid. This did not happen. Quickly looked at the receipt and saw it was for 7.2k. I assumed it was the rent minus deductions for waddly sisters house improvements and posted as such this morning. Checked again later and found it was for a payment to her dealer. I asked her if she had paid the rent and she said yes. I asked for the receipt as I was now collating all receipts and she could not find it. I searched where she normally places all the receipts from Palawan and nothing could be found. She was adamant she paid it and had a message this morning confirming payment which I never saw. The receipt therefore was lost. Really?

Now, I have collated all receipts but never rent receipts until earlier this month. When I rescued the receipts from a cupboard where she stores all her receipts for payment etc for her on line business, I noticed a few was missing from last year. I assumed they got lost somewhere and wasn't too concerned. I did notice a double payment last year which would account for one receipt. But, this year there is a missing payment for last month (June) also.

Soooo....there you have it. No receipts for rent for the past two months. Have they been lost...or rent not paid. That is the question. We shall see,

Regards

Pete
Dunno why, but I assumed you were the one making the physical payment of the rent. I suspect you will be soon

At least you know where the working capital for the jewelry business has come from.

Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

No working capital required for the on-line business. She is a dealer and advertises other sellers goods on her fb page. A fb friend then will buy and she contacts her seller who sends the goods to her fb friend. She receives the money before the goods are sent. She then sends the money plus her profit via Palawan to her dealer. Dealer keeps her profits until she sees something she wants to buy. No outlay required.

As far as me making the physical payment of rent.....can you imagine how lack of trust that would look? Supposing I am wrong? She has been paying the rent for the last year or so without any problem which I know about. Except once. Landlady's husband who works in Saudi contacted me by Skype late last year. It is documented somewhere on these exalted pages. They were both getting fed up with rent deductions due to house repairs etc and asked me to buy the house. They needed the full rent or house purchase. I told him I would look after any future repairs to keep him happy. I assume that if they were not getting any rent, he would soon let me know.

Regards

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

This did not happen. Quickly looked at the receipt and saw it was for 7.2k. I assumed it was the rent minus deductions for waddly sisters house improvements and posted as such this morning. Checked again later and found it was for a payment to her dealer.
you may wish to expand on what the dealer deals in to avoid the possible arrival of a hit squad.
To avoid the 'lost receipt' syndrome I pay all the bills so I know that they have been paid and where the receipt is, in case of dispute at a later time, which I have had to invoke a couple of times with the power company who seems to be convinced that white men should pay double. This has now been resolved after I insisted that the customer service ( that's a joke ) manager visited me. I sat him outside guarded by the dogs who growled at him every time he moved while I made myself a cup of coffee, he now sees it my way and promised it will not happen again, in 7 months it has not.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 11:13 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

No working capital required for the on-line business. She is a dealer and advertises other sellers goods on her fb page. A fb friend then will buy and she contacts her seller who sends the goods to her fb friend. She receives the money before the goods are sent. She then sends the money plus her profit via Palawan to her dealer. Dealer keeps her profits until she sees something she wants to buy. No outlay required.

As far as me making the physical payment of rent.....can you imagine how lack of trust that would look? Supposing I am wrong? She has been paying the rent for the last year or so without any problem which I know about. Except once. Landlady's husband who works in Saudi contacted me by Skype late last year. It is documented somewhere on these exalted pages. They were both getting fed up with rent deductions due to house repairs etc and asked me to buy the house. They needed the full rent or house purchase. I told him I would look after any future repairs to keep him happy. I assume that if they were not getting any rent, he would soon let me know.

Regards
you must be psychic or something as you seemed to have answered my post some 13 mins before I posted it.

Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Regards
Trust no-one except yourself, is the moral of the story and if the lovely lady doesn't like it then too bad really. She's clearly still happy (and fortunate) to be with you and I think she should show gratitude by understanding your right to question all money related matters when your suspicions are aroused. Yes, you can't be sure of any deceit, but if everything always tallied (her duty to explain when it doesn't), then you'd have no reason to ask questions, of course...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.