Me and My Family

Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
In conversations read in passing I get the impression that the UK does count. Deposit is about $1500 and fees about $1400. Look up a youtube channel Philippines info channel, he seems heavily involved in SRRVs.
Fee is the same as I paid but if you can get away with a $1,500 deposit, that sounds really good, I had to pay $20,000 but my annual fee is $10 and I believe new applicants have to pay $360 a year.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Now THAT is excellent information! The power of BE.... When I am called forward to BI to renew my Visa after my Motion of Reconsideration is approved I will ask about that. Seems all my Xmas's and birthdays have all come at once in the last week or so. Thanks 👍
In conversations read in passing I get the impression that the UK does count. Deposit is about $1500 and fees about $1400. Look up a youtube channel Philippines info channel, he seems heavily involved in SRRVs.
I thought once you had been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you needed a local police report, not your home country.
Originally Posted by Stokkevn
When I did mine I had been in the country for a year and they asked for both.
Originally Posted by freebie
However do remember where you are.... you can talk to them but its not guaranteed that you will get the " correct " information. ....
Do not accept the first answer as The Answer to your question and do look for information on all the various expat boards. Research will be your friend and guide And have fun getting the Police clearance from UK which has to be apostilled before Philippines Embassy in UK will accept it....Been there and done that.
Below in italics, is a copy of PRA correspondence on the subject, which addresses some of the queries raised above:

'In order to qualify under the Expanded Courtesy scheme, with required deposit under PRA of US$1,500.00, you need to be a Retired/Service Military personnel (country with diplomatic ties with the Philippine Government eg. US, British, Australian etc), 50 years old and above, (not necessary stationed or served Philippines) with the following documents – over and above the regular requirements:

1. DD Form- 214 or Honorable Discharge Certificate from the Military Service;
2. Proof of Pension or Certificate of not less than US$1,000.00 monthly (SSS or other organization)

3. Police Check/FBI or certificate of no criminal conviction (if stay in the Philippines less than 1 year) or Barangay Certificate (if stay in the Philippines 5 years and up)’

In follow up correspondence, the PRA stated that the items had to be ‘apostilised’. However, accordingly to item 3, you should be spared the Police Check from UK based on your length of stay in the Philippines. I trust P11 maintained good relations with his Barangay Captain! Finally, as highlighted by Freebie, getting the relevant PRA rep to confirm these points and in a timely and straight forward manner is another matter. Good luck!

Old Sep 29th 2021, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Below in italics, is a copy of PRA correspondence on the subject, which addresses some of the queries raised above:

'In order to qualify under the Expanded Courtesy scheme, with required deposit under PRA of US$1,500.00, you need to be a Retired/Service Military personnel (country with diplomatic ties with the Philippine Government eg. US, British, Australian etc), 50 years old and above, (not necessary stationed or served Philippines) with the following documents – over and above the regular requirements:

1. DD Form- 214 or Honorable Discharge Certificate from the Military Service;
2. Proof of Pension or Certificate of not less than US$1,000.00 monthly (SSS or other organization)

3. Police Check/FBI or certificate of no criminal conviction (if stay in the Philippines less than 1 year) or Barangay Certificate (if stay in the Philippines 5 years and up)’

In follow up correspondence, the PRA stated that the items had to be ‘apostilised’. However, accordingly to item 3, you should be spared the Police Check from UK based on your length of stay in the Philippines. I trust P11 maintained good relations with his Barangay Captain! Finally, as highlighted by Freebie, getting the relevant PRA rep to confirm these points and in a timely and straight forward manner is another matter. Good luck!
This is excellent information and thanks very much for taking the time and trouble for posting it. Apart from just being something for me to obtain, it gives me yet another valid excuse to extend my visa if necessary.

Regards
Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:24 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Glad Phil has extricated himself from the problems he mostly brought upon himself, and hope he learned something from it all.

The whole saga to me is very sad. Not from the point of view of Phil, but from the point of view of a lot of Filipina women. What must it be like to be born in a country where women have to live by their wits? Apparently, most young Filipinas that marry old white foreign men believe that if they try hard enough they will learn to love the man that chose them. That must be OK at first, when he is buying you food, jewels, clothing and a little spending money. He controls all the money, and doles out what he thinks you need.

This probably works for a while, especially with women that are naturally subservient, but it won’t work for all women. I don’t care where you were born, most people don’t want to be controlled, and it can get old and cause disruption in the arrangement.

Thinking about this thread, most of the comments on Filipina women are from men. Most of the comments are put downs against Filipina women. How difficult it must be to have to throw your life away in order to have some nice things. It makes me very sad in this day and age that women are living like this.

Phil must be about 73 years of age now, and has already said that he has another gal on the side. People have been warning him to date these women, but do not marry them!!! This thread was an eye opener to me. The way women live and are treated in developing countries is very sad.

Not putting Phil down, as I know he was very generous with her - but how is that a relationship? An older man doling out money to a woman half his age? She went batty, and I probably would too.

Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Glad Phil has extricated himself from the problems he mostly brought upon himself, and hope he learned something from it all.

The whole saga to me is very sad. Not from the point of view of Phil, but from the point of view of a lot of Filipina women. What must it be like to be born in a country where women have to live by their wits? Apparently, most young Filipinas that marry old white foreign men believe that if they try hard enough they will learn to love the man that chose them. That must be OK at first, when he is buying you food, jewels, clothing and a little spending money. He controls all the money, and doles out what he thinks you need.

This probably works for a while, especially with women that are naturally subservient, but it won’t work for all women. I don’t care where you were born, most people don’t want to be controlled, and it can get old and cause disruption in the arrangement.

Thinking about this thread, most of the comments on Filipina women are from men. Most of the comments are put downs against Filipina women. How difficult it must be to have to throw your life away in order to have some nice things. It makes me very sad in this day and age that women are living like this.

Phil must be about 73 years of age now, and has already said that he has another gal on the side. People have been warning him to date these women, but do not marry them!!! This thread was an eye opener to me. The way women live and are treated in developing countries is very sad.

Not putting Phil down, as I know he was very generous with her - but how is that a relationship? An older man doling out money to a woman half his age? She went batty, and I probably would too.
I have brought this upon myself?. A sweeping statement. A constructive explanation would be good so we can all learn from your expertise in this matter.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 2:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have brought this upon myself?. A sweeping statement. A constructive explanation would be good so we can all learn from your expertise in this matter.

What exactly did you think she was attracted too? I am sorry but the saying holds true for most relationships where one is elderly and the other is young.

“What does she see in the rich, old man?”

OK you may not be rich by western standards…but you get my drift…
Old Sep 29th 2021, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What exactly did you think she was attracted too? I am sorry but the saying holds true for most relationships where one is elderly and the other is young.

“What does she see in the rich, old man?”

OK you may not be rich by western standards…but you get my drift…

Do you live in the Philippines? If so you would have seen many happily married women living with the older man. WW was 34 when I met her. A mature woman..Try again...

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Sep 29th 2021 at 2:53 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live in the Philippines? If so you would have seen many happily married women living with the older man. WW was 34 when I met her. A mature woman..Try again...
She may have been 34 but there was still a enormous age difference. You can deny it all you like, but almost everyone on here could see that she used you for money. Yes you may have been blissfully happy for a while, but it was bound to end this way. I think you are a really nice guy who has been used by a much younger woman.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She may have been 34 but there was still a enormous age difference. You can deny it all you like, but almost everyone on here could see that she used you for money. Yes you may have been blissfully happy for a while, but it was bound to end this way. I think you are a really nice guy who has been used by a much younger woman.
"It was bound to end this way"...so you think that all relationships of this nature in the Philippines are "bound to end this way"? Do you actually live in the Philippines? Or are you speaking from an ignorant point of view who knows no better not living here?
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Aren't the majority of our personal problems, problems that we brought on ourselves.

This is how women have lived for hundreds of years. It is only in the last century that women in first world countries have had the freedom to chose their own way of living and chose their own lifetime partners.

Fathers and society have always dictated how a woman should live and who she should marry. And, yes, money and status was always the reason for Daddy's choice of a son-in-law.

Yes, it is sad that some countries, cultures and economics are still a century behind our standards today. Woman have always been subservient to their husbands and fathers and social mores. India, for example, still practices arranged marriages. That young woman has no say in the choice of a husband.

Good for him. I'm 73 also and if I were single I would be looking for a companion or love interest and I'd be honest and say upfront that his economic status would have a bearing on our relationship. So does that make me as as mercenary as a Filipina?
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

34 so options limited particularly I would imagine in the Philippines

I would imagine hypergamy is common world wide

I am sure we can all think of examples in the western world.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Aren't the majority of our personal problems, problems that we brought on ourselves.

This is how women have lived for hundreds of years. It is only in the last century that women in first world countries have had the freedom to chose their own way of living and chose their own lifetime partners.

Fathers and society have always dictated how a woman should live and who she should marry. And, yes, money and status was always the reason for Daddy's choice of a son-in-law.

Yes, it is sad that some countries, cultures and economics are still a century behind our standards today. Woman have always been subservient to their husbands and fathers and social mores. India, for example, still practices arranged marriages. That young woman has no say in the choice of a husband.

Good for him. I'm 73 also and if I were single I would be looking for a companion or love interest and I'd be honest and say upfront that his economic status would have a bearing on our relationship. So does that make me as as mercenary as a Filipina?

I very occasionally read this thread---it has been going on so long---out of curiosity---no idea why I did today!
But I must correct your view of "arranged marriages in India" . You are thinking of illegal 'forced' marriage. An arrangement is more of a marriage bureau/introduction type system. Traditionally started by the girls female relatives get together in a kitchen and discuss 'where the boys are? and their family type), meetings are arranged and it proceeds or doesn't according to the pair. I have know mothers begging girls to go and choose their own after so many turn downs! Certainly in ultra-wealthy families there is sometimes more 'persuasion' for money purposes!

Old Sep 29th 2021, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rete
IMO no because as you say…you would be upfront about your intentions.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 5:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

"It was bound to end this way"...so you think that all relationships of this nature in the Philippines are "bound to end this way"? Do you actually live in the Philippines? Or are you speaking from an ignorant point of view who knows no better not living here?
I take it back about you being a nice man.

Old Sep 29th 2021, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
34 so options limited particularly I would imagine in the Philippines

I would imagine hypergamy is common world wide

I am sure we can all think of examples in the western world.
I think options here get limited well before 34. Especially if there are kids, given the ease with which fathers here can abandon them. Aging Western men are happier to take them on as well as having the pensions to do so. It's more usual in Western countries. And the women in that situation see local men as unreliable. There are those Western men who just need a carer, but many are fitter, healthier than local men of the same age to take on a small family and cement all the other advantages they get here.

They would draw the line at a larger family and if the number of kids is lied about then there can be trouble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.