Me and My Family

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 8:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Me and My Family

Please take every care to ensure whatever agreement is drawn up is as watertight as possible until the end of time. Look at how you would try and screw her over after it's signed to find gaps in it. Include things to do with making sure the marriage is cancelled / annulled / dissolved / ended etc, to make sure she commits to it.

Whatever it takes to protect yourself in the future from this lunatic.

Oh, and maybe don't get married again. Have your fill of girlfriends but christ on a stick, don't make it legit.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

How has your new squeeze at your local bar taken the news.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 10:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Please take every care to ensure whatever agreement is drawn up is as watertight as possible until the end of time. Look at how you would try and screw her over after it's signed to find gaps in it. Include things to do with making sure the marriage is cancelled / annulled / dissolved / ended etc, to make sure she commits to it.

Oh, and maybe don't get married again. Have your fill of girlfriends but christ on a stick, don't make it legit.
This. Please.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

P11 please take note.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
How has your new squeeze at your local bar taken the news.
Already been to the local barangay to get her CENOMAR
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"Already been to the local barangay to get her CENOMAR"
Wickedly funny!
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You need to come back to update the story once the documents are signed and filed. Until that time, this is not over cause the fat lady is only tuning up her voice and ain't sung yet.

I'm very glad the end is in sight. One question, however. Is this 12K/15K pm for a limited time or a lifetime?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Potentially a very good ending, though still the marriage status to resolve - presumably in a way that does not put the "wife" in jail - though I would guess she is keen to get another foreigner to pay off her accumulated debt, so freedom will be mutually beneficial - as soon as she is in the money again the Filipino BF will be singing songs under her balcony and the whole cycle will repeat itself.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You need to come back to update the story once the documents are signed and filed. Until that time, this is not over cause the fat lady is only tuning up her voice and ain't sung yet.

I'm very glad the end is in sight. One question, however. Is this 12K/15K pm for a limited time or a lifetime?
Pretty sure he said it was just for one year. Hope so anyway!
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Pretty sure he said it was just for one year. Hope so anyway!
He did!

What was surprising, given her track record and very recent statements, was that she settled without asking for more. Which could be explained by her mental state or by some sudden monetary issue. Something very urgent and serious which allows her no time to extract more from you and forgo the bragging rights of seeing you jailed, deported etc. She probably still believes she could do that. You didn't get to starting the bigamy so that threat was not yet credible to her. I think the second explanation is more likely. If she signs up quickly that will add weight to that being the reason.

If she is desperate for money is there any mileage for you in offering her it over a shorter period of time? As presumably some things you need to do to regularize your retirement here are dependent on paying her off? If she is desperate she may like to have the money quicker than over 1 year.

After a traumatic time healing takes a while to even start as you will keep going over what happened. You may not be able to pay greater monthly installments. But whatever you can do to end your connections with her as quickly as possible will help
Old Sep 24th 2021, 12:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Raffin
He did!

What was surprising, given her track record and very recent statements, was that she settled without asking for more. Which could be explained by her mental state or by some sudden monetary issue. Something very urgent and serious which allows her no time to extract more from you and forgo the bragging rights of seeing you jailed, deported etc. She probably still believes she could do that. You didn't get to starting the bigamy so that threat was not yet credible to her. I think the second explanation is more likely. If she signs up quickly that will add weight to that being the reason.

If she is desperate for money is there any mileage for you in offering her it over a shorter period of time? As presumably some things you need to do to regularize your retirement here are dependent on paying her off? If she is desperate she may like to have the money quicker than over 1 year.

After a traumatic time healing takes a while to even start as you will keep going over what happened. You may not be able to pay greater monthly installments. But whatever you can do to end your connections with her as quickly as possible will help
I'd be tempted, if I had it, to give her the 12 monthly payments in one lump sum now and be done with it and her immediately. Having to think about her every month for another year just seems like self imposed cruelty to me. I don't see what the difference would be between one lump sum and 12 smaller amounts.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
He did!

Those are my thoughts also. P11 needs to sever all links with the family, they we’re probably in on the scam from day one. I would not pay quicker as this might cause the LL to assume that P11 has more money and she got a poor settlement.
This saga is now over (?) and I thank P11 for a very entertaining and sometimes frustrating episode. Maybe, just maybe, P11 will not make the same mistakes again.After all it has been one expensive, emotional,roller coaster.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 8:02 am
Just Joined

marmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's taken us seven years of A Philosophical Gentleman Abroad to get here. Critics may have panned some of the earlier seasons as flabby with weaker story arcs but wow haven't seasons 6 and 7 delivered with both cliffhangers and resolutions!

Based on the popularity of this thread I'm now looking forward to the prequel series as told from the other side, A Lovely Lady Indeed, being launched in a couple of years.

In all seriousness well done P11, you stuck to your guns despite some pretty intense criticism and you delivered.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sort of a lame ending to a long running soap. Reminds me of the last episode of " Friends" where the scriptwriters didn't know in which direction to go.
Interesting that after all this time Mr Philosophical now posts this as a lesson to newbies wherein he made every newbie mistake its possible to make.
Happy ending and I'm glad hes out of the woods but had he listened to others, a tad more experienced in this country tan himself, maybe his life would have been way less stressful.
Newbies beware.. no matter your age, unless you have lived here in Philippines, dated many ladies here, your radar may well be defective. His most certainly was....
Old Sep 24th 2021, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
Sort of a lame ending to a long running soap. Reminds me of the last episode of " Friends" where the scriptwriters didn't know in which direction to go.
Interesting that after all this time Mr Philosophical now posts this as a lesson to newbies wherein he made every newbie mistake its possible to make.
Happy ending and I'm glad hes out of the woods but had he listened to others, a tad more experienced in this country tan himself, maybe his life would have been way less stressful.
Newbies beware.. no matter your age, unless you have lived here in Philippines, dated many ladies here, your radar may well be defective. His most certainly was....
Sorry it's a lame ending for you. This is not a soap opera ...nor never intended to be.

Now explain to me constructively where you think I should have listened to others.

Moving on......

Thanks to all the others who have given constructive replles in the last few days.... most appreciated. I shall respond accordingly in full shortly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.