Me and My Family

Old Nov 10th 2020, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Raffin
Out of curiosity what is APOR?
Thank you once again for your daily COVID updates very much appreciated. Judging by the news yesterday that vaccines will not be available until 2022, it seems that you have created full time employment for yourself LOL
P11, if you do manage to travel take extra care particularly hand washing.
Wishing you safe journey and a positive outcome.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Raffin
Out of curiosity what is APOR?
Thank you once again for your daily COVID updates very much appreciated. Judging by the news yesterday that vaccines will not be available until 2022, it seems that you have created full time employment for yourself LOL
P11, if you do manage to travel take extra care particularly hand washing.
Wishing you safe journey and a positive outcome.

Thanks B.

APOR authorised persons outside residence was originally people I think 15 to 60 years, essential shopping, medical, must travel to work, frontliners etc. But Seniors always had the not well publicized exemption for essential shopping if no one else could get out. Non APOR therefore was supposed to include us for going out for leisure and tourism. As I said it seems for travel from GCQ to other non-restricted areas and vice versa is now Ok for Non APOR persons. Think P11 can get permission for essential travel.

But our experience with a certain city in Mindanao was all last minute. It was all coordinated through the tourism office there and needed the help of someone locally to expedite. They sent a 7 page list of two hundred or so passengers from Manila who were cleared to travel, including our 3. Early in the morning of their flight. Not individual certificates. It didn't say but maybe for different flights,not just theirs.

This is the latest list of areas I could find:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1...cted-provinces

Old Nov 10th 2020, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

A relation of ours flying to her mums funeral was stuck in Manila for about 10 days waiting for an infrequent flight to Dumageute then was quarantined in a hotel for 14 days when she arrived their.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 5:22 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
A relation of ours flying to her mums funeral was stuck in Manila for about 10 days waiting for an infrequent flight to Dumageute then was quarantined in a hotel for 14 days when she arrived their.
Was she permitted out of the airport transit area at Manila?
Old Nov 11th 2020, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Was she permitted out of the airport transit area at Manila?
No she had to stay in quarantine in Manila until her flight, something like 10 days, waiting for the flight was the delay. She was then put into a hotel in Dumaguete for 14 days.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 10:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
No she had to stay in quarantine in Manila until her flight, something like 10 days, waiting for the flight was the delay. She was then put into a hotel in Dumaguete for 14 days.
Wow so the best part of a month in quarantine
Old Nov 11th 2020, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

I have had verbal agreement from the police and Town Hall that I can travel irrespective of the fact that I am a senior citizen. As long as I have a valid reason.....which I have to see my attorney which I am told is good enough. The travel pass though is a joke. It is valid for one day only and can be picked up at the town hall after 10.00 am on the day of travel. I was hoping to stay overnight at the airport before I get my flight. Instead I have to pick up the pass and travel to the airport on the same day hoping the booked taxi pitches up. I am told I can use the travel pass to return back here after 3 days.....which I wont. Why dont they give us 3 days to travel from date of issue? The Philippines sadly has no logic or common sense. And where else in the world do you require a travel pass? And what purpose does it serve? Rhetorical questions.

I will stay with a good friend and then see my attorney so we can have a face to face meeting. Depending on what she says I may stay there if I can find suitable accommodation so I dont have to keep going through this palaver of travel passes and flights etc. My accommodation will have a hot shower...a bed.....good internet and tv I can watch. Amongst other things until judgement day....

Keep safe
Old Nov 11th 2020, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulry
Wow so the best part of a month in quarantine
Your miles may vary but that's about the size of it. My sister in law a few weeks back came back to the Philippines into Manila from Dubai, she was an OFW so she was put up in the Holiday Inn for a few days until her negative result came back, she was then moved to her province, Bataan where she was put in lodgings in Balanga for the rest of the 14 days and given another swab test. She was then allowed home where she then had to do another 14 days quarantine

Last edited by Gazza-d; Nov 11th 2020 at 11:30 am.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Small update....

I mentioned earlier that I was hoping to get away from here for a week or two and visit a good friend but that has been stymied by an enhanced lockdown. Hopefully that will change on the review at the end of the month.

Got a msg from the wicked witch last Friday making a jibe that our appeal had failed and she now has the date of the trial. She wouldnt tell me. My attorney found out today that the schedule has not been finalised and agrees with me that she is trying to intimidate me.

Keep Safe
Old Nov 21st 2020, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
And where else in the world do you require a travel pass?
Actually, travel passes (or similar) have been required in any number of countries during their worst Covid-19 outbreak phases. In my case, I needed to have, and periodically refresh, an "essential worker" permit entitling me to travel to/from work (and for limited other purposes) during an extended state-wide lockdown period.
And what purpose does it serve?
Knocking "community-spread" Covid-19 cases on the head, to the point where the economy can re-open again, even before a vaccine is generally available.
Rhetorical questions.
Errm, no. As a result of the lockdown in my area, there have been zero new Covid-19 cases, and zero new deaths, for over two weeks.

That hard-core approach, in a first-world "island" country, might or might not have been as relatively affordable, enforceable, or quite as effective, in a country like the Philippines. But even attempting it might well have achieved better outcomes than we are seeing today.

My wife's extended family is already paying the price for the official Philippines response in their area...

Last edited by abner; Nov 21st 2020 at 6:02 am.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Actually, travel passes (or similar) have been required in any number of countries during their worst Covid-19 outbreak phases. In my case, I needed to have, and periodically refresh, an "essential worker" permit entitling me to travel to/from work (and for limited other purposes) during an extended state-wide lockdown period.

Knocking "community-spread" Covid-19 cases on the head, to the point where the economy can re-open again, even before a vaccine is generally available.

Errm, no. As a result of the lockdown in my area, there have been zero new Covid-19 cases, and zero new deaths, for over two weeks.

That hard-core approach, in a first-world "island" country, might or might not have been as relatively affordable, enforceable, or quite as effective, in a country like the Philippines. But even attempting it might well have achieved better outcomes than we are seeing today.

My wife's extended family is already paying the price for the official Philippines response in their area...
I work 20 minutes away from home, however work is in NSW and I'm in QLD so have needed, and continue to need a border permit simply to come home from work on a daily basis. My 20 minute drive is regularly taking 40 minutes, an hour etc. Irritating? Yes but given how low QLD COVID numbers have been, definitely worth the irritation.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
Actually, travel passes (or similar) have been required in any number of countries during their worst Covid-19 outbreak phases.....

What? Manila's lockdown was very restrictive with going out of the house, travelling for any reason, masks and shields. No face to face schooling. Not up to Wuhan standards but well observed and enforced by a militaristic approach. One of the longest in the world too. Eventually opening up had to take place.in Manila and Calabarzon. People were hungry. Dole outs not getting through. A political choice was made of economy first. It was gradual but could not avoid generating a surge in August. Maybe not enough testing was done

Of course your extended family may be paying an economic price wherever they live here. Or they may be more directly affected by slow local responses, as occurred in Cebu City, Bacolod City and now Davao City. But starting from March 15 with Manila, Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) involving serious restrictions was imposed in stages over Luzon, its islands, parts of the Visayas and MIndanao.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings....

Covid 19 has now spread to my page....so I will make a few observations for what it is worth;

1. The Philippines is an archipelago....there are over 7000 islands and that is where the travel passes if we have to have them should begin and end. The current system is depriving people of their work, livelihood, and meeting their loved ones. Businesses have gone bust...never to be recovered. Suicides in the Philippines have trebled this year.

2. 99.9% of us will not die of Covid 19. Covid 19 will be with us probably for ever. Such as TB,,,Flu...etc

3. If Social distancing works....why have face masks? If face masks works....why have social distancing? If all of those work....why have face shields and travel passes.? If
all of those work why are we now seeing second and third waves across the world?

Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings....

Covid 19 has now spread to my page....so I will make a few observations for what it is worth;

1. The Philippines is an archipelago....there are over 7000 islands and that is where the travel passes if we have to have them should begin and end. The current system is depriving people of their work, livelihood, and meeting their loved ones. Businesses have gone bust...never to be recovered. Suicides in the Philippines have trebled this year.

2. 99.9% of us will not die of Covid 19. Covid 19 will be with us probably for ever. Such as TB,,,Flu...etc

3. If Social distancing works....why have face masks? If face masks works....why have social distancing? If all of those work....why have face shields and travel passes.? If
all of those work why are we now seeing second and third waves across the world?
1. 7000 islands is irrelevant when travel between the islands is as common as other countries driving to another town. All of those things are happening everywhere. This is a first of its kind pandemic in our lifetime, governments are doing what they can. Will some have got it wrong? Absolutely. Will some have got it right? Absolutely. There isn't a one size fits all.

2. And? The main reasons for the preventative measures are a) keep numbers low in hospitals so they can cope and b) to try and prevent greater numbers of the vunerable from dying.

3. Because sometimes social distancing isn't possible or people don't do it. Face masks stop you spreading your germs to others however COVID isn't just spread by airborne particles. Travel passes - in Australia anyway - are to prevent people travelling whilst having been in contact with COVID so you (general) don't spread it from area to area. All of those things work PROVIDED EVERYONE follows the rules. However some humans don't believe they have to care for their fellow man, that the rules don't apply to them and thus we're getting the second and third waves.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
1. 7000 islands is irrelevant when travel between the islands is as common as other countries driving to another town. All of those things are happening everywhere. This is a first of its kind pandemic in our lifetime, governments are doing what they can. Will some have got it wrong? Absolutely. Will some have got it right? Absolutely. There isn't a one size fits all.

2. And? The main reasons for the preventative measures are a) keep numbers low in hospitals so they can cope and b) to try and prevent greater numbers of the vunerable from dying.

3. Because sometimes social distancing isn't possible or people don't do it. Face masks stop you spreading your germs to others however COVID isn't just spread by airborne particles. Travel passes - in Australia anyway - are to prevent people travelling whilst having been in contact with COVID so you (general) don't spread it from area to area. All of those things work PROVIDED EVERYONE follows the rules. However some humans don't believe they have to care for their fellow man, that the rules don't apply to them and thus we're getting the second and third waves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.