Me and My Family

Old Jul 7th 2018, 11:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We got married 39 years ago at Chester Registry Office. The only guests were our parents, my sister and BIL and my SIL. Went for a quick pub lunch afterwards. We didn’t have a honeymoon...couldn’t afford it.

I repeated the above to the wife of one of my husband’s biz colleagues. She went on to tell me every detail of her huge wedding held in Liverpool Cathedral...followed by an equally extravagant honeymoon. I found out a few months later that they had decided to call it a day.

It’s not about the wedding or honeymoon IMO...but what you make of the following years.
Absolutely. We got married on a Friday and thought as we had a weekend, we might as well go away for it so I went to the travel section of my firm and they got me a cheap deal to Jersey that we could afford. Wasn't important to do, we had the money and thought sod it.

Anyone who considers the event and the money spent on it to be the important part is not wanting a marriage, they're simply wanting a party where they are the centre of attention, nothing more, nothing less.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Short comment from me on the misunderstanding that appears to have surfaced. I stated quite clearly a page or so back that it was MY idea to continue with the wedding at the resort. When the loan was not being paid, my lovely lady suggested that we could have an el cheapo wedding instead. So it was NOT her idea that we continue with the beach wedding.

We have a strict budget for this as I have previously stated and so far we are within that. However, I am allowing a certain amount of lee-way. Now, the only bone of contention for me is the pre-nup wedding shoot. I have been told 4 photographers will be present which I think is a nonsense. The pre-nup is included in the cost of wedding photos and the total cost of that is 15k. I am also told that I have to pay for food and drinks during the full day of the pre-nup at various locations. I just have visions that it will be breakfast, lunch at dinner for 2 photographers plus 2 mates. Not forgetting ladyboy matey who will be in attendance for the day to take care of her make-up etc. He wants 3k on the day....plus feeding. I can see this pre-nup being kicked into touch.

I mentioned her father had been admitted to hospital with breathing problems. He is still there. It appears it was palpitations and he had an ECG test which was ok and BP normal. Prescribed aspirin and is on IV of dextrose. He appears to be fit as a fiddle but they have confined him because of his blood test. The only thing that appears to be keeping him there is his Sodium level is borderline. I am not a doctor, but why do I smell a rat? This is a semi private hospital and for various reason.....greatly under-used. Hardly anyone uses it. They need every patient they can get I reckon. I understand the ECG costs about 5k ....so this could be a big bill. I will pay half after seeing the final bill. The outstanding rent has been paid....not by me. I suspect lovely lady bowed to pressure.

Regards
Old Jul 8th 2018, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I am not a doctor, but why do I smell a rat?
Every patient here is a potential prisoner. The locals will do as they are told by a doctor because they are frightened to ask questions or challenge their decisions. I know of one who was kept in for 2 days for Acid Reflux and another for 9 days for mild pneumonia.

That is why foreign patients are generally not liked - because they ask questions.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

P-11

contact david 63 , he is extremely rich and wealthy, he might lend you a few bob!
Old Jul 8th 2018, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Exactly.

I would tell the LL that I can only afford a quick ceremony with parents only and that’s it. If she truly loves him she will accept that.
We got married in Ph and as it was the 1st time I had been here so it was her family only. After the party at cousins house all 200 guests expected to take home a sizable 'doggy bag', wife's cousin was in charge of this operation and handed out blue plastic bags of BBQ'd meats and other tasty bits. The following day he said that someone was going to be very disappointed with their doggy bag, some, obviously impatient, guest decided they were going to jump the queue and took the blue doggy bag that was hanging on the kitchen wall. I can only assume that when they got home with their treasure they found out that it contained the scrapings of all the plates and not BBQ'd goodies. The take outs were the biggest expense of the whole wedding.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Jul 8th 2018 at 3:46 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 6:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
We got married in Ph and as it was the 1st time I had been here so it was her family only. After the party at cousins house all 200 guests expected to take home a sizable 'doggy bag', wife's cousin was in charge of this operation and handed out blue plastic bags of BBQ'd meats and other tasty bits. The following day he said that someone was going to be very disappointed with their doggy bag, some, obviously impatient, guest decided they were going to jump the queue and took the blue doggy bag that was hanging on the kitchen wall. I can only assume that when they got home with their treasure they found out that it contained the scrapings of all the plates and not BBQ'd goodies. The take outs were the biggest expense of the whole wedding.
Never know but it might have been the best couple of meals they had in a long time!
Old Jul 9th 2018, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

What an insulting post !
Old Jul 9th 2018, 9:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
What an insulting post !
Lost your British sense of humor already?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

No, and by the way have you performed a spellcheck recently?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

At least the dog would have got a good dinner..
Old Jul 10th 2018, 6:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No, and by the way have you performed a spellcheck recently?
It would be much easier for everyone if you quoted the post you're replying to. I guess you're replying to Rete in which case I can't see any error. She's American if that helps.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It would be much easier for everyone if you quoted the post you're replying to. I guess you're replying to Rete in which case I can't see any error. She's American if that helps.
Oh I see. As the site is British Expats I wrongly assumed that the Queen's English would be used.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 7:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see. As the site is British Expats I wrongly assumed that the Queen's English would be used.
Yes, the site is called British Expats. However it is American owned and there are posters from all over the world.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:00 pm
Concierge

I've been a member of BE for over 17 years when the US marriage-based visa forum group on Deja Vue / Usenet was pulled into BE by its founding members Paul and Sue. I was a super moderator for over 12 years. BE is the home for expats and volunteers from all over the world and one does not have to be a passport carrying Brit to participate. BTW spell check works just fine for American English. It always has ;-) Peace!
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAX to one and all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.