Me and My Family

Old Jul 2nd 2018, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Rete:

You make a very good point. Yes, she has two children, one of which lives in the next village with his father. The other one here with her family. Why she does not want any one of them living with her is a mystery to me. Not something I have discussed with her to be honest. I suspect it suits her way of life to let others take practical care of them although she supports them financially. Now, I have no problem if they lived here with us. They are good well behaved kids, but I have thought of the scenario to which you allude. If her family throws a strop on this rent arrears problem and dumps the son they are taking care of against lovely ladies will, I will stop my monthly allowance of 3k pm for her fathers medicine (with her approval) and I am sure she will stop her 50% contribution to their rent (2.5k pm). I suspect they know that we hold the aces.... However, I doubt if it will come to this.

Regards
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Matey boy will end up stumping emergency funding........he always gives in. New motor cycle, eh! Do yourself a big favour and forget about the wedding, and run like hell. Your L/L as mentioned before is an Oscar performing actress and a compulsive spendthrift ( won’t mention the lies, don’t want to offend).
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Must say, P11 doesn't get a chance to get bored!
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

No cars but a motorbike. money now invested in all major asset classes.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

David63 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the entire 108 pages over the past days, and I agree with the guy who said it was time to run a page 2, and the plethora of respondents who told you to quit. Don’t get married, this will go extremely “pear shaped” days or hours after the wedding. Run while you Still can. Lies, lies and more lies, and you excuse it all as if it were nothing. I thought the 2 undeclared children might bring you to your senses? Not so, just more justification and excuses. You have may a bad choice. Fix it by moving on. There are plenty of good fish in the sea.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Rete:

You make a very good point. Yes, she has two children, one of which lives in the next village with his father. The other one here with her family. Why she does not want any one of them living with her is a mystery to me. Not something I have discussed with her to be honest. I suspect it suits her way of life to let others take practical care of them although she supports them financially. Now, I have no problem if they lived here with us. They are good well behaved kids, but I have thought of the scenario to which you allude. If her family throws a strop on this rent arrears problem and dumps the son they are taking care of against lovely ladies will, I will stop my monthly allowance of 3k pm for her fathers medicine (with her approval) and I am sure she will stop her 50% contribution to their rent (2.5k pm). I suspect they know that we hold the aces.... However, I doubt if it will come to this.

Regards
I could just about understand LL hiding the existence of her kids for so long, but now the truth is out her not wanting to bring at least one of the two to live with her is not just mysterious, but to my mind worrying. Yes. it might cramp her attempts at being a successful businesswoman. But there are ways to mitigate that. Worrying because very few women would make a choice that reduces the bringing up of children to mostly a financial matter, if they have another good option. And the OP is Ok with it, and I think would even like it.

You wonder if LL is happy to keep the boarding arrangement going with her family precisely because it is something that will continue to be an argument to use for emergency funding from the OP whenever the family get into difficulties?

Whatever the reason I think the OP should elevate this issue from one which is not discussed to one which is a major one for them going forward. "LL, I've been thinking..."

With the one child out of the family house then the OP can stop the P3,000 monthly medical help and LL review reducing her rental subsidy. The OPs help to the family would then only be on a case by case basis.

I think that before the OP loses one of his aces by marrying he should deal with this issue. As the children get older the OP will be increasingly asked for help with funding them, given both are boarded in two obviously financially struggling households. Then, better they are in his household where he would have more control.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 3rd 2018 at 12:59 am. Reason: Fixed cocked up quote
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

"others take practical care of them although she supports them financially."
This is of course how so many families with OFWs survive. It' probably just a hangover from those days.
as for the other subjects P11 must realise that being such a decent person that he is,that once he is married in. He will loose all his aces.
sadly I think a leapod never changes her spots.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Well P11, if you really can’t give it up, take L/L and the 2 kids, get about 3 islands away (600kms) and see how that works. Don’t forget to settle up at the Pawnbroker before you leave!
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Thanks for the comments so far.

To clarify: It is fair to say that I am mystified why she does not want her two sons to live with us. She has said that she wanted to settle down and have a family with me....this was when we first lived together. But of course she already has two sons and I have already told her I would be happy to take them on. Many foreigners do of course. But if I am honest with myself, I suspect it may be that it will cramp her socialite life style if they stay here. A selfish attitude if that is the case. Interestingly, her youngest son has now been transferred from her family's house and living with Waddly and her BF. No idea why. The eldest son lives with father in the next village.....and apart from weekend visits, prefers to remain there.

I asked about the rent arrears this morning and she will go to the owner and have a talk with him. He has had other people who wish to rent the house....so the pressure is on. But not on me. I flatly refuse to help them again except obviously in medical emergencies. As someone commented...the English ATM is closed. .... for good.

Not sure how getting married means the loss of aces. If it went pear shaped, I would leave her. She will have the loss of face...not me.

Regards
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Socialite status? Sounds like a champagne lifestyle on (your) lemonade budget.

Pity she values herself so highly over her kids though. Although in hindsight that might be doing them a favour.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:01 am
Just Joined

“Not sure how getting married means the loss of aces. If it went pear shaped, I would leave her. She will have the loss of face...not me.”

Well go ahead, get married! The ensuing drama will generate more interesting reading than the pawnbroker, Waddly, and the rest of the family combined! The sad part is many people advising you in here know exactly where this going, and i agree, 100% it won’t work out well for you. Your situation is in no way unique, there were plenty before you, and many many more will follow.

You have had the benefit of much advice, and heeded none of it. If the marriage fails, she won’t walk away. If you left and she loses face, a simple police report and you are in more strife than you ever possibly imagine. Brit guy up here is looking at 12 years for supposedly hitting his Wife. Everything was perfect until his money ran out and he couldn’t complete the expensive dream house. He should have run, but chose to stay and fight it. Same scenario, he will lose everything.

i showed a few posts to my wife. She was shaking here head and said “he needs to run as fast as he can, that’s just so not right”

There are none so blind as he who will not see.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by David63
“Not sure how getting married means the loss of aces. If it went pear shaped, I would leave her. She will have the loss of face...not me.”

Well go ahead, get married! The ensuing drama will generate more interesting reading than the pawnbroker, Waddly, and the rest of the family combined! The sad part is many people advising you in here know exactly where this going, and i agree, 100% it won’t work out well for you. Your situation is in no way unique, there were plenty before you, and many many more will follow.

You have had the benefit of much advice, and heeded none of it. If the marriage fails, she won’t walk away. If you left and she loses face, a simple police report and you are in more strife than you ever possibly imagine. Brit guy up here is looking at 12 years for supposedly hitting his Wife. Everything was perfect until his money ran out and he couldn’t complete the expensive dream house. He should have run, but chose to stay and fight it. Same scenario, he will lose everything.

i showed a few posts to my wife. She was shaking here head and said “he needs to run as fast as he can, that’s just so not right”

There are none so blind as he who will not see.

A dose of reality can be a wake up call, in the case of P11 an atomic bomb might be more appropriate.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Not sure how getting married means the loss of aces. If it went pear shaped, I would leave her. She will have the loss of face...not me.

Regards
Careful about just leaving, if she has any idea she could try and get a restraining order blocking you from leaving the country for having outstanding responsibilities, normally this is in the form of outstanding loans or similar but it would not surprise me if also covered what she thought you owed her.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Jul 3rd 2018 at 4:33 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

David,

** If you left and she loses face, a simple police report and you are in more strife than you ever possibly imagine*** This remains true whether married or not. The worst threat she has made was to get me deported a year or so ago......for allegedly talking behind her back. Also, I have threatened to leave her a few times over various issues with the result she has mended her ways and actually apologized. A rarity indeed ....an apology that is.

I neglected to mention that she was asked by her father to talk to the landlord.....so it wasn't on her own volition. She has no idea what good that will do. However I note with interest that Waddly's place here is now empty. Big enough for a mother and father..... ..

On a personal note....anyone have any idea whats happened to Quiltman? Not seen him about recently on any of the threads if I am correct. Admin?

Just seen Stokkevn's comments. This thread consisting of 108 pages would refute any allegations made by her.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jul 3rd 2018 at 4:42 am. Reason: Extra sentence
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen Stokkevn's comments. This thread consisting of 108 pages would refute any allegations made by her.

Regards
I am sure this thread would but it could be painful years between being blocked from traveling, being allowed to use this thread as evidence, translating into Tagalog etc. Being a bit sneaky if I was going to do a runner I would make sure it coincided with a visa run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.