Me and My Family

Old May 19th 2018, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice
Default Re: Me and My Family

Bloody beautiful, disrespecting their culture of spending your money. Good for you. Remember a few years ago after we had bought the house turned up on holiday to find a dog, cat couple of geese and chooks in the back yard, all being fed left over rice etc. Lost my rag, all wildlife gone the next morning.
Old May 19th 2018, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse:

You have made a point that has been repeated before but I am happy to reiterate my answer.

Yes, 99% of the time we are happy together and our friends and acquaintances can vouch for that. If I post something, then I want it to be of interest. Posting lovey dovey stories of walking hand in hand on the beach wouldn't garner much interest. Yes, I have posted about scamming but I do not have 100% proof. If I did, then it would be a different story. I am not going to risk a relationship on something that I cannot prove. But, I do feel reasonably sure it has happened. Now, I am not going to defend the indefensible, but I understand the reason why. It is not for her personal gain.....but she has been pressurized by her family. They are disappointed I haven't bought them a house, paid off their huge loan and I guess they blame her for that. I am not defending her or excusing her....just stating the reason. I know that most of her earnings go to them also. Will the altercation I posted about change things? Hope so....but doubt it. Will I ever trust her again? Given time....yes. But it wont be today, or maybe tomorrow. One day, she will have my 100% trust.

Regards

PS. I agree about the term lovely lady. But I cant change that now....nor can I change Waddly or Worm Boy and the rest....

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 19th 2018 at 6:03 am.
Old May 19th 2018, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

David M,

My answer to your post is the same as that to Scouse.

You mention being defensive. I think all I have done is try to explain the misconceptions that get posted here. I certainly haven't defended her. However, if explanation is the same as being defensive....then I am guilty as charged. Hope that doesn't sound too defensive!

I am constantly amazed at the dire warnings I see here. Also, the triumphant "told you so's". You see, it doesn't bother me one jot. Why should it? I welcome all comments and if they were not forthcoming I would not be typing on page 103.

This altercation with the family has drawn us even closer. She has been continually thanking me for my support.....but of course I would always support her. She is after all....my lovely lady.

Regards
Old May 19th 2018, 9:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings and Salutations...

Back from BI yesterday and I am sad to say they have increased my sentence in this prison for another 6 months.

Before I try to answer any comments, you may be interested in the furious confrontation the family had with my lovely lady that left her distraught.

About a week or so ago, her mother developed a pain in the lumbar region and as the family had neither the wit nor money to admit her to hospital here, it fell upon my lovely lady to organize a trip to the local semi-private hospital here. She stayed there for 3 days and of course the medical expenses were all paid by her. Her family has no money you see. However, the pain didn't disappear and she was told she required a CT scan cost of which was 3k. The first I heard about that was when her father saw me at the ATM and told me that I was to take his wife for a CT scan today at a hospital 2 hrs away....pay the 3k....which he will pay back later this month. I was a touch taken aback about all this and told him to speak to my lovely lady.

Long story shortened. Lovely lady gets irate phone call from her father and she goes to their house. The whole family were there waiting. She apparently had told them previously, that she did not have the 3k for the CT scan. (What??!!!!!). They tore into her and lambasted her for not doing enough for the family. I was mentioned also. She came back home completely distraught and after I got the story from her, she also said that she told the family that she and I are going to leave the area and let them fend for themselves. This is the second time she has made that threat. She also said she was shy to ask me for the 3k.

Now. I am normally a mild mannered happy chappy but this irked me somewhat. I told her that I will lend them the 3k, and have a few words of advice for them.

I got to the house (lovely lady stayed home) and fortunately they were all still there. Her mother was crying bless her. I gave her a hug and a kiss and gave her the 3k and comforted her. Then I rounded on the family. Waddly speaks the best English so I used her to explain to all the others. I asked her a simple question. Why cannot you and the family budget for such situations. Her answer was that they were all poor. The fuse was then lit. I pointed to the new furniture, new tv, two dogs, fish tanks, lechon for worm boy on his last birthday. And they are poor? I asked Sloth why wasn't she at a call centre earning 30k pm after lovely lady and I financed her 4yrs at college. I reminded her that she has a poorly paid job earning 5k pm and she has a phone with a 12 month contract costing 2.2k pm. She also has a mother who cannot pay for medical treatment. She ran out of the room. I turned on two more and asked them what happened to the 2 small business that my lovely lady had set up? They were too bone idle and preferred hand outs. Sadly...I think I overdid it a touch. I mentioned non-payment of loans and said the money was not important as respect for me. And I went on.....too much to type here. They were quiet with mouths dropping to the floor. The father stood with the demeanor of Manny Pacquio about to fight for a world title. The mother was weeping again. I asked if there was anything they wanted to say to me. Total silence. I turned and hugged the mother, dried her tears and wished her well. I shook the fathers very flaccid hand as I walked out and asked Waddly to let me know the outcome of the scan.

But I had made matters worse.

I got home and lovely lady was packing. She received a call from her father that I was very angry and I think disrespecting their culture was mentioned. She was not happy that I was a bit strong with them and she needed to go away for a while to clear her mind. I accepted that and told her to take her time and come back when she was ready.

I went for lunch on my own and made a mental note of buying a bottle of something nice to enjoy this evening. I then received a msg after about 20 mins from my lovely lady asking me to bring home a take out for her. Bless her.

We went to renew my prison sentence next day...a 5 hr bus journey. I came back yesterday and I have received a msg this morning that lovely lady will come back today. I also received a curt msg from Waddly that the scan was clear. I noticed the absence of any thanks.

The father said he will repay me tomorrow. We will see,...I wont hold my breath. If he tries to pay me back, I will tell him to keep the money as my contribution to their family budget and they must build on it.

Finally. Waddly didn't stay at her house here last night. She came...grabbed a few things and stayed at her mothers house. One of the kids pitched up this morning to grab a few things from her house and after a cheery good morning....away he went. I don't know how all this is going to pan out, but I hope normal relations will be resumed after a while and all is back to normal. With lessons learnt. Well..... we all can all hope. Cant we?

Rgards
Good stuff. Something you should have done a long time ago. I'd be wary of the fact that you've made them lose face big time though, and a metaphorical line in the sand has been drawn. They know all this stuff anyway of course, but no one likes to have the cold hard facts of day shoved in their face. Be interesting to see how or if anything changes with their attitude towards you. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Old May 19th 2018, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt very much if anything will change. That L/Ls father states that you do not understand the culture.There are no references available to justify that the culture of Filipinos is one of perpetual sponging, and expecting Johnny Foreigner to provide indefinitely for his spouses family. Clearly the OP has chosen the wrong family. I have mentioned before my wife’s family do not expect us to subsidise them in anyway, and should we feel the need to help out, it’s always received gratefully and without expectation.
The L/L has suggested that she move away from her family, this could be the OPs best option, leaving behind waddly and all the other woeful spongers. Somehow I doubt this will happen and the OP will eventually realize that he is involved in a situation he cannot possibly win.Like others had said this is a train crash ,not if but when.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings!

My lovely lady came back the other day after spending 3 days with close friends of ours. One thing that I have pondered about is why she didn't raise the 3k for her mother. Or bring it to my attention. But sickness in the family can be a serious business and help should be a priority. Maybe she just got fed up with bailing them out. They have the money, but its all spent when received and there are no savings. One day millionaires is the phrase.

I think she has made up with most of them except maybe her father and elder sister Waddly. I have not seen Waddly here for a number of days at her house here and she is staying at the family's house. My lovely lady goes to visit the family now when the father and Waddly are not about. In other words, not first thing in the morning as she used to. I felt sorry for her TBH and hope relations get back to normal with lessons learnt.

She now has another cunning plan regarding business. Be an Estate Agent. All it requires is a 2 day seminar (free) and she can make a profit of up to 100k on a house. She is already advertising houses on fb. Best of luck with that then!

She has already shown an interest in selling insurance and has been to several seminars. But she seems to have baulked at the final 7 day course which I believe will cost her 3k.

Next year....we will be millionaires Rodders comes to mind.

Regards all
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner's interested, I have a lovely bridge in Sydney going cheap. It's quite famous and very well used as it spans the Sydney Harbour. Reason for sale: I want to buy some gold jewellery and am a bit short this month. AU$1,000 which includes free return flights with Unicorn Airways, a never to be repeated offer!
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

HA HA very droll
Old May 22nd 2018, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Philosophical 11;12503387]Greetings!

...She now has another cunning plan regarding business. Be an Estate Agent. All it requires is a 2 day seminar (free) and she can make a profit of up to 100k on a house. She is already advertising houses on fb. Best of luck with that then!

She has already shown an interest in selling insurance and has been to several seminars. But she seems to have baulked at the final 7 day course which I believe will cost her 3k.

Regards all

Using the Only Fools.. characters, LL sounds more like a female Del Boy to me than Rodney, who if I remember correctly often tried, though usually unsuccessfully, to limit Del Boy's business ventures. At first anyway, then he got drawn in by the emotional hold that Del Boy used on him.

I haven't seen a three wheeler van here, but there are plenty of trikes around to complete the picture!
Old May 22nd 2018, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Raffin;12503565]
Greetings!

...She now has another cunning plan regarding business. Be an Estate Agent. All it requires is a 2 day seminar (free) and she can make a profit of up to 100k on a house. She is already advertising houses on fb. Best of luck with that then!

Regards all

Using the Only Fools.. characters, LL sounds more like a female Del Boy to me than Rodney, who if I remember correctly often tried, though usually unsuccessfully, to limit Del Boy's business ventures. At first anyway, then he got drawn in by the emotional hold that Del Boy used on him.

I haven't seen a three wheeler van here, but there are plenty of trikes around to complete the picture!
This makes p11 rodders
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:05 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

My lovely lady came back the other day after spending 3 days with close friends of ours. One thing that I have pondered about is why she didn't raise the 3k for her mother. Or bring it to my attention. But sickness in the family can be a serious business and help should be a priority. Maybe she just got fed up with bailing them out. They have the money, but its all spent when received and there are no savings. One day millionaires is the phrase.

I think she has made up with most of them except maybe her father and elder sister Waddly. I have not seen Waddly here for a number of days at her house here and she is staying at the family's house. My lovely lady goes to visit the family now when the father and Waddly are not about. In other words, not first thing in the morning as she used to. I felt sorry for her TBH and hope relations get back to normal with lessons learnt.

She now has another cunning plan regarding business. Be an Estate Agent. All it requires is a 2 day seminar (free) and she can make a profit of up to 100k on a house. She is already advertising houses on fb. Best of luck with that then!

Regards all
Not looking like Baldrick I hope!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.....
Old May 23rd 2018, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Not looking like Baldrick I hope!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.....
Trying to get my head around a cross between Del Boy and Baldrick in this Phil sit com! But M, I don't think P11 can be called a Rodders..Granted there is an emotional bond of sorts but the scriptwriter has his character holding on to his dhosh, with just the occasional successful attempt made on it...so far anyway. If LL ever gets anywhere with anything then he may come in cautiously at sometime in the future.

Difficult to think of a sit com character that fits the bill for P11 as when they are tight with money they are very tight eg Arkwright in Open All Hours.

All I can say is "Luvely Jubbly"....the situation is producing such an interesting, entertaining and thought provoking thread.
Old May 23rd 2018, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Regards all
Your LL sounds like my missus, over the years she has wanted to or has started a
  • Beauty parlor - she is very good at that but it would have ended up as a "Gossip Shop" - so no for that one
  • Restaurant - again she would be very good but she would use too much meat and other expensive ingredients, it would have bee too expensive and the family would have eaten free - so no for that one.
  • Pig farming - of which she knows nothing - I agreed to start with 1 pig. Kept at her cousin's place so I built a sty ( later found out I had funded 3, the extra two for cousin,s pigs ), the food was expensive until I realised that she was buying food for the other 2, as they looked so sad when they did not get any, upshot was that I ended up with a pig costing P472 a kilo.
  • Sari-Sari store - she was very keen on that until I pointed out that she would be spending about 15 hrs a day in there for about P200 profit, so she kicked that into touch
  • Invest in the local garage/petrol station - bound to make money out of that - two months later it closed, it had gone bankrupt
  • Chicken farm - was started as someone had pawned their land to us, 150 chickens laying eggs all over the place, she could not bear to kill any so the dogs did well by getting the ones that died of old age The ones that did not die of old age very quickly learnt to fly as Yolanda went straight over us. Never found one chicken, despite knowing which direction they all went.
  • Mango farm - of which she knows nothing about, she has just visited Guimaras where they come from and brought back some seeds, she was going to plant them on a family members plot, that was a no from me remembering the pig farming days and it was a no from her when I told her it could be up to 9 years before she gets a mango and longer if the family spots them first.
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Raffin;12503565][QUOTE=Philosophical 11;12503387]Greetings!

Yes, "come one come all" is the phrase that comes to my mind with real estate agents here. A few "looking professional" with offices, bank employees doing a sideline, attorneys, just about anyone locally with some time on their hands. And now people can make their own property sale effort on a number of websites. And if it's at very local level it can get complicated. Some years ago my wife and I were looking at properties in a subdivision... we contacted an agent who after showing us a couple of properties asked us to pick up a second agent, then a third...so we ended up driving around and looking at properties with three agents.
Old May 24th 2018, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings

A rather grim faced "old boy" pitched up this afternoon with the 3k he borrowed to pay for his wifes scan. He gave it to one of the kids whilst he waited outside the gate. I thanked him for repaying the loan and asked him if he had any savings to which he replied in the negative. I gave him back the 3k and told him that was my contribution and the family should build on that. Doubt if that would do any good....but at least I tried.

It appears that in the heat of the argument my lovely lady told her elder sister (Waddly) that as she and her boyfriend are now earning, she can now find another place to live and not live rent and amenity free with us any more. This is why she no longer stays here. I just assumed she got the hump. She appeared for a few minutes to pick up a few things without a word. She also demanded to know why she borrowed from me and failed to pay me back. Waddly answered that she had no money to repay the loan. Then why did she borrow in the first place knowing she could not repay was her withering question. No reply.

"Times they are a'changing" sang Bob Dylan. Maybe...Maybe not. But in a way its a sad state of affairs that a family can be torn apart like this..

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.