Anyone help?

Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone help?

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Yes it's no problem living in the Philippines for part of the year, easily done using the visitor visa and renewing as and when necessary. It's qualifying for the UK/Philippines reciprical aggrement that may be the sticking point.
This may help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pension in Phils.pdf (93.3 KB, 636 views)
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

This may help
From the pensions website you must living in the country with the RA for 6 months or more a year. no sure how you prove thsat though.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

The pension is paid four weekly. You can choose to have it paid into a UK account, or an account here.
I started receiving my UK pension last month. I downloaded the forms from the Internet:

https://secure.tes.dwp.gov.uk/eservi...tes.dwp.gov.uk

Although now part of HMRC, Newcastle Upon Tyne, are efficient.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that is the one if you want to do it online.

This takes you to the forms to print out and send:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_181245.pdf
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

noshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it's no problem living in the Philippines for part of the year, easily done using the visitor visa and renewing as and when necessary. It's qualifying for the UK/Philippines reciprical aggrement that may be the sticking point.
Thanks Gazza, If I can get an address for six months in the Philipines, I could just get my pension paid in to my UK bank. I will come and talk to UK expats, I know there must be some with a Philipines address I can use for six months of the year.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:48 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noshow
Thanks Gazza, If I can get an address for six months in the Philipines, I could just get my pension paid in to my UK bank. I will come and talk to UK expats, I know there must be some with a Philipines address I can use for six months of the year.
Would that not be fraudulent? I'm not sure many would entertain such an idea.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kevray
As long as the 6 months in country requirement is met, no it wouldn't be fraudulent, immoral perhaps. Non-dom is a very common game to play to avoid UK tax by the rich so why shouldn't we.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:05 am
Red Horse

bootleultras is an unknown quantity at this point

If youre flying into Clark (Angeles) use tiger, they have great rates for this flight, if you arrive at night, arrange with the hotel you book to send a transport/taxi for you as the taxis there will rip you off. Youll have to pay around 300 but its better than what the airport taxis will charge. Daytime is much easier, just get in the jeepneys just down from the arrivals and they'll drop you at SM Clark, from there ask a security guard to get you a trike and give him your hotel name, only about 80 pesos, if they're trying to be smart, give them no more than 100p
Lots of hotels in Angeles, you could just walk in, Sunset Garden i can recommend as Ive stayed there, cheap and clean with a nice pool etc. you can reserve the room online at their website and pay when you arrive....its about 1000 baht a night but they do discounts for longer stays.
If you go to Manila instead, try to head to Makati, theres lots of expats around the area and although its nit as cheap as Angeles, its nice. Couple of bars you would surely meet a fair share of expats would be the howzat or heckle and jeckle, im usually in one if those anyway!
Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers,
Chris
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackthehat
BKK to Clark (CRK) definitely. Then a Bus to Angeles (Which is a Hole!) Lots of Hotels available, just do a Google Search. However you may have to pay in advance by Internet Transfer (It's the way they do things here, and many do not accept Credit Cards.) Do not believe what any of their Web Pages say about facilities, etc. Do not expect Hot Water (That is Extra), and meals at the hotel will be very limited - If at all!

Keep in mind that Angeles is 'Bandit Country' and a European will 'Stick-Out like a Bulldog's Balls!'

Is there any reason why you have settled on Angeles City? I have been there only once for a wedding, and could not wait to get out! - There are so many other better options in The Philippines.
Do you you mean besides the 1000,s of Americans Hey when I do go to sm its with my wife and its only a matter of time before i get a slap from the Old Farts and Young Tarts, so sad these poor old men that's all they can get
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevray
Well you are so right i for 1 will not use a UK address that's for sure. Just because i,ve worked since i was 15 and paid my taxes ever since and even so the freeloaders can claim i will still never try and trick the UK Government of whom i trust wive my life. Ok its 5 years off i may change my mind by then