Anyone help?

Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:23 am
Just Joined

noshow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone help?

I am coming to look at the Philipines some time next month for a few days to look around and talk to ex pats with a view to staying there for part of the year. I live in Thailand just now. Can anyone tell me about flights from Bangkok, book return online, or travel agents? How easy is it to get a reasonably cheap hotel, about 1000 Thai Bahts per night in Angeles City? again book online, or walk in.
In a nutshell, what's the best way to do everything?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone help?

Originally Posted by noshow
I am coming to look at the Philipines some time next month for a few days to look around and talk to ex pats with a view to staying there for part of the year. I live in Thailand just now. Can anyone tell me about flights from Bangkok, book return online, or travel agents? How easy is it to get a reasonably cheap hotel, about 1000 Thai Bahts per night in Angeles City? again book online, or walk in.
Easy to book flights. Use Google you may get a flight direct to Clark.
I can think of better places to visit if you want to look at the Philippines. Then if you want to look at young girls dancing then you have picked the right place.
Be careful though I have heard the girls in Angeles are only after your money no matter what you look like.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Easy to book flights. Use Google you may get a flight direct to Clark.
I can think of better places to visit if you want to look at the Philippines. Then if you want to look at young girls dancing then you have picked the right place.
Be careful though I have heard the girls in Angeles are only after your money no matter what you look like.
Thanks Desert-rat, I'm not looking for girls, I am happily married in Thailand, I am looking for a way to spend some time in the Philipines and time in Thailand as I will soon be getting British state pension, and if I stay in Thailand all the time I won't get my annual pension increases. I am sure there must be expat OAPs who are splitting their time between another country and the Philipines. I want to meet and talk to them, and I know the best place to find them is in Angeles City and Manila.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

BKK to Clark (CRK) definitely. Then a Bus to Angeles (Which is a Hole!) Lots of Hotels available, just do a Google Search. However you may have to pay in advance by Internet Transfer (It's the way they do things here, and many do not accept Credit Cards.) Do not believe what any of their Web Pages say about facilities, etc. Do not expect Hot Water (That is Extra), and meals at the hotel will be very limited - If at all!

Keep in mind that Angeles is 'Bandit Country' and a European will 'Stick-Out like a Bulldog's Balls!'

Is there any reason why you have settled on Angeles City? I have been there only once for a wedding, and could not wait to get out! - There are so many other better options in The Philippines.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackthehat
BKK to Clark (CRK) definitely. Then a Bus to Angeles (Which is a Hole!) Lots of Hotels available, just do a Google Search. However you may have to pay in advance by Internet Transfer (It's the way they do things here, and many do not accept Credit Cards.) Do not believe what any of their Web Pages say about facilities, etc. Do not expect Hot Water (That is Extra), and meals at the hotel will be very limited - If at all!

Keep in mind that Angeles is 'Bandit Country' and a European will 'Stick-Out like a Bulldog's Balls!'

Is there any reason why you have settled on Angeles City? I have been there only once for a wedding, and could not wait to get out! - There are so many other better options in The Philippines.
Hi again, I only mention Angeles City as I believe both there and Manila are where most of the UK expats are. I will soon be an OAP and I won't get my Annual pension increases while living all the time in Thailand. So I want to find out if anyone else splits their time between another country and Thailand. Noshow.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Jonnyivy is an unknown quantity at this point

Pop down to Cebu island,..not much further, much cleaner , and not so much congestion with traffic etc.
The city there has many smaller pension houses that are cheap and you won't go hungry with all the malls around about you.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Jonnyivy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jack,..just noticed,... Jonnyivy,..just joined ( 9 posts ) !!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:08 am
Just Joined

BorderReiver is an unknown quantity at this point

If you only coming for a look round then I would stick with Manila or maybe look at Cebu, you should find expats there.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BorderReiver
If you only coming for a look round then I would stick with Manila or maybe look at Cebu, you should find expats there.
Thanks, I very well may look at Cebu.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I beleive to get your pension increases in the Philippines you will need to become a resident and take your pension from the Philippine government via the UK reciprical arrangement.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I beleive to get your pension increases in the Philippines you will need to become a resident and take your pension from the Philippine government via the UK reciprical arrangement.
Yes, it's things like that I want to find out. Can expats actually become Philipines residents? Here in Thailand we are not residents, we are living on annual extensions and 90 day reporting. When I come to the Philipines next month I will find out more.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's things like that I want to find out. Can expats actually become Philipines residents? Here in Thailand we are not residents, we are living on annual extensions and 90 day reporting. When I come to the Philipines next month I will find out more.
You can become a resident but as you are not married to a filipina it's not so easy. You would need to obtain an SSRV which will require you to lodge a bond in a specified Philippine bank. I beleive at your age it is something like $10,000. Once you have been given the visa you can then use the money for a few restricted things like buying a condo or paying a golf club membership.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

You can become a resident but as you are not married to a filipina it's not so easy. You would need to obtain an SSRV which will require you to lodge a bond in a specified Philippine bank. I beleive at your age it is something like $10,000. Once you have been given the visa you can then use the money for a few restricted things like buying a condo or paying a golf club membership.
What I forgot to mention is that you would both need one.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:33 am
Just Joined

What I forgot to mention is that you would both need one.
As far as I'm aware, I can live in the Philipines for part of the year without being a resident, I stand to be corrected, but all I need is a permanent address in the Philipines then I can get my annual pension increases. I will come to the Philipines and talk to expats and see what they are doing.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

As far as I'm aware, I can live in the Philipines for part of the year without being a resident, I stand to be corrected, but all I need is a permanent address in the Philipines then I can get my annual pension increases. I will come to the Philipines and talk to expats and see what they are doing.
Yes it's no problem living in the Philippines for part of the year, easily done using the visitor visa and renewing as and when necessary. It's qualifying for the UK/Philippines reciprical aggrement that may be the sticking point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.