So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:34 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by txmogga
Oh Lynn!!

I am crossing everything for you that you will hear something right away!
txmogga
Still nothing on system just checkin there just now. It only says arrived in sydney not departed Sydney!!? Have they lost it. Will phone tomorrow if nothing overnight happens.

Lynn
Old Dec 24th 2004, 4:56 pm

ANMC Modified assessment signed for this morning!!!!! Phew it made it before closing time on Xmas eve. Will not get processed until New year, but at least the new 2 day rule from reciept of payment will apply - should be quick

Merry christmas to you all - hope everyone hears something soon.

Lynn x
Old Dec 24th 2004, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew!!! That's a relief!! Hopefully now you can relax and enjoy the holiday.
I am trying to decide what day to post off application to DIMIA. I think I want it to get there after they get back to work from the new year celebrations.
I am daydreaming of my most recent trip (spent 8 days camping on North Stradbroke) and it was heaven. Here and now, it is well below freezing with a bit of snow on the ground. Next Christmas I hope to be in a much warmer place. Merry Christmas everyone.
txmogga
Old Dec 24th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by txmogga
Phew!!! That's a relief!! Hopefully now you can relax and enjoy the holiday.
I am trying to decide what day to post off application to DIMIA. I think I want it to get there after they get back to work from the new year celebrations.
I am daydreaming of my most recent trip (spent 8 days camping on North Stradbroke) and it was heaven. Here and now, it is well below freezing with a bit of snow on the ground. Next Christmas I hope to be in a much warmer place. Merry Christmas everyone.
txmogga
A Very Merry Christmas to one and all!

Spending most of the time thinking about next crimbo Bayside in the sun mmmmm. Email from Senior nurse at PA Brissie to say job letter on its way hooray and even better £758.31 debited from C.C. on the 23/12 funny how we are so pleased to see money leave our hands!
All the aussies we met during our stay in nov were brilliantly friendly, we could not get over their welcoming attitude and the pride in their country.

Ann we are only a few days behind you so wil keep an eye out for journey good luck

Well peace and harmony to us all

Charlie and Family
Old Dec 24th 2004, 7:03 pm
ad4ozz

Happy xmas and new year Charlie and all.

So where and doing what nursey job have you managed to get you jammy *******... ? and did you interview over phone or over there?

We will all have to meet up in Brisi if we all make it.

to everyone.

Old Dec 24th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Happy Christmas everyone

Well it is a very grey and dull xmas morning in Sydney.. very windy too Still we are determined to enjoy our first Australian christmas regardless, although it does feel very strange not to be with our family. Just had text from friends who we usually spend christmas eve with.. they are in the pub which is packed with people.

Took the kids to the cinema last night to see The Polar Express and cinema was empty, no christmas music in the mall either, just feels very different!

Hoping to get on the beach later for a special bbq and salad.... if the sun comes out
Old Dec 27th 2004, 7:51 pm

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I had a lovely day but really suffering from indigestion and have my top button undone because i've got so fat

The events in Indonesia and huge surrounding area have saddened me - I feel so useless and can't believe the scale of the disaster. It kind of makes all our worries seem so trivial when you have seen these poor people running for their lives from huge tidal waves.

Sorry to be so depressing,

Lynn
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:50 am

Credit card was debited on 24th December after all thet worry about my ANMC modified skills asessment getting there on time If there new 2 day processing policy is anything to go by I would imagine that they would process my application on 4th/ 5th of January and return it to me. With the snail mail I should get it back in a week or so!!! Do they e-mail you usually about ANMC assessment?

Good news anyway (I'm getting there, slowly but surely!)

Lynn
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I have applied for my registration in New South Wales, so Im only at the beginning of the process.
My account has been debited of the $50 by the NSW board and £45
(I think ) by the NMC.
I have the modified skills assessment form 1/2 completed, health checks and medicals are to be sorted. Its all a bit complex, the worry is making sure it is all correct as mistakes are goint to delay the process. We will wait to hear if we have a visa before selling the house although may put it on the market in a month or so.
We looked into animal transport also:
Horse £6500!!!! :scared:
Dog (very small terrier) £2000 includes the various fees on arrival.
Im gonna have lots of questions to ask so please be kind.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulb
I have applied for my registration in New South Wales, so Im only at the beginning of the process.
(I think ) by the NMC.
I have the modified skills assessment form 1/2 completed, health checks and medicals are to be sorted. Its all a bit complex, the worry is making sure it is all correct as mistakes are goint to delay the process. We will wait to hear if we have a visa before selling the house although may put it on the market in a month or so.
My hubby was trembling at £2500 for the dog- G retreiver thank goodness we don't have a horse or one of the kids would definitly be staying at home!!

Good luck we are also at the start of everything just got to get my employer letter done and my copies signed and it can go.
Chris
Old Jan 4th 2005, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
(I think ) by the NMC.
Thats good you are going the registration and modified skills assessment route - you are going to need to save every penny you can with quotes like that for a horse and a dog!!! I will just have my dog Poppy to ship - she is a bit smaller than a retriever so would imagine 2000- 2500 would be about right for shipping her.... then there's quarantine for 30 days, and transporting her from Sydney to Brisbane

Its police checks and medicals for us next, Oh and references....need to break it to the DN sister I work with 1st about my plans before I can ask for a reference! Due to all the delay and hassle getting my refs for the QLD registration I have already got the blank headed paper and am going to type refs myself for each job detailing my hours etc. and everything else they are looking for - and then shove it under the bosses noses to sign! Should b much faster that way My hours are a bit confusing and I will have to provide detailed duty statements to prove I meet the 20+ hours per week, 12 months out of the past 18 months basic requirement for the skilled independent visa. I think I will have to quite literally need to detail each shift worked for each month to make sure my application is ok - I have already checked and I just made it! phew! I def meet the requirement for skill (worked 3 out of the past 4 years)

Anyway fingers crossed for you both!

Lynn
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Just got myself a job!!!!!

(Via telephone interview)
Old Jan 5th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by primrose

CONGRATULATIONS. What is the job and where? I was offerred the opportunity of 'casual' work where I plan on going if there were no full time vacancies that intrested me. (CPN going to Northern Rivers, North NSW)
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by primrose

Congratulations!!!!! Tell us more, don't leave us in suspense like that

What kind of Q's did they ask you?

Well done again!

Lynn
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:25 am

GOT MY ANMC MODIFIED SKILLS ASSESSMENT BACK.......AND IT WAS

POSITIVE!!!!!!

Very quick turnover - it was signed for on 24th December!

Payment taken for on 24th December!!!

Granted on 24th December!!!!!!!!!!

And posted back to me on wait for it.....24th December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only just got it back today because of Royal mail being closed over Christmas holidays. Can't believe how efficient ANMC were (and Queensland nursing council)

On to the next stage now!

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.