Queensland Health October 2007 Job Offers

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Queensland Health October 2007 Job Offers

Hi,
I got offered a job by Queensland Health at a interview I had with them in October last year. They have had my references and my criminal history check has come back, that was at the beginning of this month, but still haven't had any contact from any of their hospitals offering me a job with them.

I was just wondering how far other people have got with theirs - has anyone got an offer from one of their hospitals yet?

I'm a CCU nurse hoping to get a job on either a CCU or a cardiology ward, it's probably just me being too impatient to get there and start working but I'm beginning to think that they don't need anyone with my skills and experience

Mark
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Queensland Health October 2007 Job Offers

I am the person who send you a private message some time ago as I was also interviewed etc but then told them to hang onto my CV as we changed our mind due to family moving to Perth. I will let you know if I hear anything from them again as they said they will only hang onto my CV for a month which is the end of January. By the way Health Staff is coming to the UK in February; let me know if you want the details but they were looking for people who want to go to NSW.

Anyway, good luck as this is frustrating and I can understand you starting to feel impatient with them!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by vlooi
I am the person who send you a private message some time ago as I was also interviewed etc but then told them to hang onto my CV as we changed our mind due to family moving to Perth. I will let you know if I hear anything from them again as they said they will only hang onto my CV for a month which is the end of January. By the way Health Staff is coming to the UK in February; let me know if you want the details but they were looking for people who want to go to NSW.

Anyway, good luck as this is frustrating and I can understand you starting to feel impatient with them!
Hi Annemarie,
Thanks for your reply and thanks for telling me about Health Staff coming to the UK, I have actually seen the advert about them coming but even though we'd love to live near Sydney the price of the property there put us off.

Mark
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Hi Mark

I've still not heard anything either - I may give them a ring tonight as I'm working - will let ya know if I get anywhere (as long as my shift stays sane!!)

Jo
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by katamina
Hi Mark

I've still not heard anything either - I may give them a ring tonight as I'm working - will let ya know if I get anywhere (as long as my shift stays sane!!)

Jo
Hi Jo,
Yeah, please do let me know what they say if you do phone them.

Hope you have a good shift tonight,

Mark
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:57 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
I got offered a job by Queensland Health at a interview I had with them in October last year. They have had my references and my criminal history check has come back, that was at the beginning of this month, but still haven't had any contact from any of their hospitals offering me a job with them.

I was just wondering how far other people have got with theirs - has anyone got an offer from one of their hospitals yet?

I'm a CCU nurse hoping to get a job on either a CCU or a cardiology ward, it's probably just me being too impatient to get there and start working but I'm beginning to think that they don't need anyone with my skills and experience

Mark
Sent you a PM.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

I was also offered a job by Queensland Health in October - I am a Midwife hoping to work on the Gold Coast.

I have been contacted by Queensland Health asking for a snapshot of my situation ie visa application status and time frames etc so that they can keep me in their system.

He has given me his contact details and has proved to be very helpful. his name is Ben - has he contacted anyone else?

Jackie
x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:44 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

Originally Posted by noofie
I was also offered a job by Queensland Health in October - I am a Midwife hoping to work on the Gold Coast.

I have been contacted by Queensland Health asking for a snapshot of my situation ie visa application status and time frames etc so that they can keep me in their system.

He has given me his contact details and has proved to be very helpful. his name is Ben - has he contacted anyone else?

Jackie
x
Hi Jackie,

Like you Ben made contact with me asking the same stuff, this was way back in September 07 ( I was offered a job following interview in June). I have been in contact to keep him up-to-date and he always replies. There must be quite a few people heading to QLD, I hope the boom doesn't make the place to expensive before we get there.

Mark, why not drop them a line, I bet it is difficult keeping up-to-speed with everyone heading out there, so just getting in touch may be enough for them to remember you.

Good luck to everyone.
Paul
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Have just spoken to them & they're just requesting my criminal history check. They said that they've only just got my 2nd reference through (Grrr - my manager!!). They said that once the criminal history check is through, they'll send my details off to the local health boards & I'll hear directly from them.

Mark - give them a ring (if you can manage to stay up late enough!) - they were really nice

Jo
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
I just got an email from Queensland Health saying:

"Further to our previous correspondence, we would like to confirm that your details have been circulated within Queensland Health facilities. "

I notice from this that it doesn't mention the two areas of Queensland that I said I'd like to work in, i.e. Brisbane and Sunshine Coast. Does this mean that due to the lack of response from the hospitals in these areas of Queensland that they are now widening the search for me and sending my details to the whole of Queensland?

I was going to phone them on Sunday night to ask them but Monday is Australia Day so I don't think they will be working, so I'll ring Monday night instead.

Mark
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

It could just be a bog standard email - the one I got said after completing my criminal history check, they MAY then send out my details - may!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

It could just be a bog standard email - the one I got said after completing my criminal history check, they MAY then send out my details - may!!
Yeah I'm hoping that it is just a standard one. However on the 11th Jan, after an email enquiry that I made asking how far the process had gone, they sent me an email saying:

"We have received your Criminal History Check and have now referred your application to the Health Services Districts within the Brisbane area for their direct contact with you in the near future. "

So if it's just a standard email saying that they've passed out my details to the areas I've asked for why has it taken two weeks

One of my friends here on BE has told me that she has just been contacted by them telling her that a hospital is interested in employing her, which I'm pleased about but my references / criminal history check was completed a few days before hers so it just makes me think that may be they don't want CCU trained nurses at this present moment in time

Mark
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Give them a ring Mark, put your mind at rest.

Jo
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:18 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Give them a ring Mark, put your mind at rest.

Jo
Good luck to all of you i have worked for Queensland Health...without doubt the worst employer you will ever come across... seriously consider other parts of OZ...most move on...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Mark, they ALWAYS want CCU-trained staff. Definitely give them a call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.