Queensland Health October 2007 Job Offers

Old May 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland Health October 2007 Job Offers

Yip.. I'm in the same boat..take it your not going on a 457 as Redcliffe hosp dont know their a**e from their elbow when it comes to sponsorship :curse:
dunno when to hand in my notice at work...dunno when to organise my container...dunno why I'm even going now..
gonna MISS my mum SOOOO much & don't even wanna think about finding a home for lola my wee cat or finding a foster home for honey my golden retriever for a few weeks till we get settled
It's getting so close now but I am panicking.....it's not going quick enough ...but going to quick when i think of my family
jacq
Old May 18th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Jacq - know exactly how you're feeling on some of that stuff - when do I do this & that - it makes your head hurt SOOOOOO much!!

I'm adding onto that when do I book my cats in to go over as I'm taking 4 of them..tho I was told by the pet travel ppl that there's not a waiting list for quarantine in Sydney, so hopefully that won't be too bad. I really feel for you if you're rehoming your pets - I'm rehoming one of my cats as she wouldn't cope with the journey & that's bad enough!

Jo
Old May 18th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

when are you going to go? I know you are planning for Redcliffe Jacq cos we've pm'd. Are you decided for definate on Redcliffe? Lou
Old May 18th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice

Hiya Lou,
Yes so far...I really kept meaning to pm u back to say thanks for the info but I'm an ignorant moose !!!
we've got 2 kids & hope it'll be a good safe place to bring them up...although my wee boy who's 6 is staying with his gran... SO HE SAYS !! thank god he's too wee to make those decisions for real it'd break my heart...i just couldn't leave him.
I think you confirmed what I already thought about Redcliffe...(& hoped wasn't true !!) BUT i really love that you say it has a real community feel..I think the location seems fab & if it's not for us then hopefully we'll sus that out quickly & settle somewhere near & commute.

I'm hoping to go SOON...think I'm gonna hand in my notice at work tomorrow so that takes me up to the middle of June...hopefully I'll have had my TRN no before then & have my visa well under way.
We were advised that once we have a c.o we can ask to have permission to go over on a holiday visa till our actual visa is granted...so thats always an option as it would let us get over & check out areas,schools etc..dunno if i have the nerve to do that before the visa is officially mine but the flights seem to be about £1000 more expensive throughout the school hols so dont want to waste money if we can get there sooner.

what about you when you going ??? & where...have you definitely decided on Redcliffe...we should meet up on the other side for a small shandy
Jacq
Old May 18th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Have you managed to get your house sold yet Jaca - I so envy you i am looking forward to being able to hand in my notice - my colleagues are probably fed up with me having no news as it feels like i have been talking about this for ages. Good luck tomorrow,
Angi
Old May 18th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Angi,
We're only renting..at least thats one less thing to stress about !!! I'm starting to bottle it as my TRN has still not appeared & I'm terrified incase it all falls through at the last minute
I've stayed up to phone scarborough & humpybong state schools to make sure they have space for the kids (once I've chosen which one they will go to ) so thats something else done...although it's probably just an other excuse to stay up pleading with my inbox...which is ignoring my pleas
when are you going ??
Just realised that when my OH (Rab) posts on here it prob looks like Ive got bi polar

Jacq
Old May 19th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Jacq

In an ideal world i had planned to be there October at the latest but aiming for earlier if house sold and ready to go - however given that QH still have not even matched me up to a post and housing market the way it is i'm beginning to get a bit anxious about the posiibility of it all coming together as planned. My sons are 16 and 11 so dont really want to be in limbo close to christmas and reckon if we are not able to get there for early Nov we may need to wait till after xmas. Also (as if thats not enough) my Son's g/f is giving him a really hard time about leaving so need to get him away before he changes his mind. Glad your plans are coming together hopefully you'll get the TRN anyday - have you spoken to them to get them moving - how did you get on with schools in Scarborough? We had planned on Cairns but no real ties to area so spoke to them about Redcliffe / Townsville etc also. Hope you get some good news asap.
Angi
Old May 19th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Ang,
we chose Redcliffe as we'd lived in Cairns for a wee while a few years ago & found it to be too secluded...not to much for the kids to do & VERY sticky...but absolutely stunning.I applied for Redcliffe hospital so thats why I knew i had a job in that particular hosp,they asked if I'd prefer med or surg & told me they'd allocate a ward nearer the time.Then when I asked for my TRN no & contract of employment to start my visa it said orthopaedic ward on it.....dunno if thats only on paper or if it's where I'm going ! They don't do themselves any favours though do they:curse:
It also said on my contract that QLD health do not reimburse ancillary relocation costs such as flight tax...hope this meant that they will pay some sorta relocation package
Did you give a preference ? Where are you from & do you work in ayr hosp ?
I didn't hand in my notice today...I'm scared the TRN never appears...will do it when it comes in though
Was quite pleased as both scarborough & humpybong state schools have places & told me to come in for a look when I get there
Jacq
Old May 19th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Im not actually a nurse - i'm a Senior Social Worker - going to be involved in forensic mental health - but all posts there are attached to hospitals. Im sure your TRN will come soon, at least you have a contract and information. Glad the Schools sound good makes such a difference if the kids are happy.

Speak later Angi
Old May 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

I meant to say - we were all told that here was a minimum of $3000 relocation package available hope this helps you negotiate . Angi
Old May 20th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Hi al!
Fab that you are thinking definately Redcliffe We are too. Like the community feel as do you. Also, so near to Bris and Gold Coast.
Still thinking EVERY day about selling house and it is truly doing my head in! Shandy sounds dandy and i've already had a glass tonight as if you couldnt tell Angie, you need to go to Redcliffe. We need a posse. Good luck with the resignation Jaca, I didnt realise you were that close to going! Lucky you!! Cheshire Mark left 19th (yesterday) and I hope he and his family tell us all how they are getting on. He's going to the Mater. We've been pm'ing for over 12 months now and my work friends think i'm crackers cos I call him my pen pal. I think I need new ones now as he is actually there! Please, please , please God let my house sell before I lose my marbles and the inclination to follow all of this through, Lou x
Old May 20th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

I know how you feel about the house thing - it feels as if the market has just stopped. Good to hear that Mark is away now = always positive to hear when folks actually make it. I just hope that something changes for us all soon as it seems to be the only thing holding us all back.

Good to hear from you Lou look forward to hearing how everyone gets on.
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi you guys,

Been on the gold coast 8 weeks now and working at the Gold Coast Hosp and loving it!!!!! Be warned it v diff from UK, I prob do half as much work and loads more staff its great!!!!

Have come on perm visa, just wanted to warn you lot coming over on temp visa's especially with kids. You will not be entitled to medicare, or family assistance!!! Also friend of mine is paying 8k a year to send her child to public school

Would advise perm visa's to all x
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

I've seen this on many threads but does anyone know if you have to pay for school fees on a 457 visa around Brisbane / Gold Coast area. This will severely impact our funds if we have to fork out for school fees, it looks like we will be bringing out less due to housing market over here. May have to rethink about PR now. Can anyone who has done it please clarify the situation. Thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

deb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant future

Hi i have also looked into this and from my research education for our children in queensland is free .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.